shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 13th July till 19th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Morning!
35.gif

Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it. It''s Friday, I have absolutely no wedding planning stuff to do and I''m just going to relax if possible. Might go to the gym, but debating because it''s usually really crowded on the weekend. I may at least go running for a bit.

Rod, I really hope you get better soon. As long as you keep motivated, I''m sure you''ll be pain free before you know it!

marcyc, Congrats on th weight loss! Keep it up (not that I have to tell you that...
36.gif
36.gif
)

liang_chi, I know how you feel. My office space isn''t very private at all, so I bought my own privacy screens.

Danielle, honestly, it finally hit me that I needed to seriously lose weight when I started trying on wedding dresses back in February. Although I started my "weight loss" initiative in January, having my hip measurements in the 40''s and waist in the high 30''s got me thinking. So I found this calorie counter website, plugged in my height, weight at the time and goal weight. It gave me back how much my caloric intake should be and I worked around that. It was so hard for the first month or so, but I got use to it. Then I threw in working out at least 3 times a week. I started out with 30 minutes of cardio and eventually upped it to 60 minutes. When I started going to the gym regularly, I''ll admit that I was intimidated by the weight machines, but got over it for the sake of toning up. By April, my birthday to be exact, I had reach my preliminary weight goal. Now that I''m there, I''ve been maintaining for about 3 months, but now I''m going back because I''d like to reach my next goal (about 10 more pounds lost).

tlh

Ideal_Rock
danielle - great to see you back! glad you manage to squeeze in workouts whenever you can, even if they aren''t the workout you had planned!

shiny- I guess great things come in tiny packages! congrats on your 9# loss! Interesting that a hormonal change can have that much of an impact!

kimmy- your hubby makes some yum dins! 2 jobs is incredible. When I was working 12-14 hour days, I tried to squeeze in a brisk walk on my lunch break, and then I started working out before work. It was a habit that was tough to break - because I feel guilty if I don''t do anything at all. Best wishes finding the time, I know how hard it can be. But remember, diet is 90%, exercise is just the other nudge, and your diet sounds spot on!

rod- FANTASTIC news. I love your PT''s optimism, and am wishing you the best!

lisa- wow, you are making progress! That is fab news! you have to chalk me up to the weirdo court. I actually like running in the rain. It is nature''s way of cooling you off!
9.gif
So as long as I don''t hear thunder, I''m all laces. You should try it sometime, it is refreshing. (My only suggestion is wright double layer running socks to keep the feet dry, and will prevent blisters.) And yes, I don''t do the goo either- same issue. I just didn''t think that icecream at 2:30pm would affect me at 5am. But then again, the old saying goes, you run today what you ate yesterady... so again, it was proven the hard way. hahah!

marcy - I LOVE THAT PHOTO!
36.gif
Congrats on being 10# away from your goal weight, that is phenomenal!

diva - that is so funny. The weekensds is when my gym is the LEAST crowded, at least when I go, 8am or 2pm, depending. I find that mondays between 4-7 are when it is the most crowded. (People burning off their weekend indulgences!) Here''s to the next 10#s! I love your attidude, and you''ll get there soon enough. It is really hard to maintain and it is exciting you''ve been able to do so.

everyone, have a super friday and a terrific weekend!
35.gif

This morning I got up and did the shred. I was feeling antsy, because yesterday''s run wasn''t hard at all cuz of the trots, so I have a lot of pent up energy I wasn''t able to pound out. But, it is a rest day. So I did the video, and that was good. Last night the gym was crowded. I''m considering dropping the membership. Too many people wading in the pool, when I want to do laps. The hubs is gonna check ot the aquatic center and see about moving memberships there. I''m running in a 5k in the morning... may just substitute it for a reg run, and not run it hard. It is supposed to be around 96* at the gun... so that''s it!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say Jillian Michaels is a big fat meanie?? Or should I say...skinny toned meanie? LOL! I just did day one, level one and wanted to throw up a little. It wasn''t too bad but I am SO out of shape.

I really really hope I can have the self-control to finish all 30 days, plus hopefully more. I also want to add in some running/elliptical when possible.

TLH-thanks for the website! You are a serious inspiration with your focus and dedication.

Marcy-I always love seeing your cakes(hint, hint)! Good for you for not sampling the icing. I know we have talked about this, but which slow churned ice cream is your fave? I am using Edy''s right now as my treat, and I find if I put it on a cone (the low-cal kind, I think its a sugar cone?) I eat way less than in a bowl.

Hi Diva!

Danielle-glad you like the 30day shred. I hope it works well! My scope went ok, thanks for asking. The results were normal, which is good but discouraging.

shiny-That sounds like a fun hike! I bought DH a local hikes book for xmas, we need to get that out.

Rod-all my best wishes for you to avoid surgery and feel better soon! Except now you have me wanting a pb pancake
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am heading in to the weekend 5 pounds lighter than started the week.Whoop, Whoop (as Tlh would say).My mission this weekend is to not loose ground with my progress so far.I am taking Monday off from work too but I have plans on what I am eating so I should be fine.

Food today was 100 cal English muffin and fresh fruit, cheerios for my mid morning snack, 6” beef sandwich with whole wheat bread, baked lays, a sandwich and cottage cheese for supper and a ww giant chocolate ice cream bar for dessert.

I cleaned house tonight and I started on the kitchen.All I have done so far is 4 drawers but it’s a start.Tomorrow I tackle the pantry.

And BTW, there is a tropical storm heading towards Hong Kong.One of Marty’s friends told me not to worry, since he’s 6’4” he’ll be above the water line.It is expected there on Sunday.

Diva, it sounds like you had a great day planned.How soon is your wedding again?Thanks for the congrats; I am doing well on it.Congratulations on maintaining your first goal weight and good luck on reaching your next goal.

Tlh, I am glad you liked the picture.I thought it was pretty funny.Thanks for the congrats; I am getting pretty hungry right now so I’d best get to bed.Good luck with your 5K in the morning.

Miscka, your comments about JM remind me of that joke about how excited a lady is to get her own personal trainer from her daughter for her birthday – then the storyprogresses to she hates both of them.You can do those 30 days; I have confidence in you!I will get my cake posted this weekend sometime.I swear.I like the caramel swirl really well and the chocolate chunk; sometimes plain old vanilla strikes my fancy as well.The one flavor I wouldn’t buy again is chocolate chip cookie dough.I think my problem with that is I am used to B&J version of that and there is just no comparison there.

Well, I am off to bed.

35.gif

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!

My two jobs this summer add up to a full time job, basically, but because of the hours it makes it difficult to fit in a workout. That, and I spend my days running after kiddos, so when I get home I''m lazy! It''s not as big of a deal as it sounds, during the summer I''m much less busy, the school year is when work is super crazy.

We went for a walk yesterday. I didn''t realize how hot it was and about 1/2 way through I was dying. So we cut it short and did the small loop instead of the big one. I''m getting ready to do yoga.

We''re going out to dinner tonight. We''re down to one night a week. Poor John!

TLH, my husband is a great cook, and I am one lucky lady. Do you ebjoy the shred?

LLiang, how was yoga?

Skip, I miss you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted pictures of the fondant cake from this week in the cupcake thread (in case you want to see it).

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I didn''t check in last night. I worked an unusally long Friday, then met Charlie for sushi. I was also pretty discouraged yesterday. The pain in my leg was just awful and I had been doing my stretches and swimming and no relief. I even did extra stretches last night, which burn the dickens to be quite honest. Then I woke up this morning and usually I''m immediately aware of my leg and the pain and I laid in bed waiting for the extreme pain to start, only it didn''t. There was pain mind you, just not horrendous, burning, debilitaing pain. And I got up and stood for a couple minutes because that usually get''s the pain to burn like Hell and yet it didn''t. For the first morning in months, I was in pain, but not intolerable pain! So today was a decent day. AND I WORKED OUT AT THE GYM for the first time in almost a month. It was SO NICE being back in the gym. And I was able to do my entire upper body workout. I did back the weights down a bit since I hadn''t been there in a few weeks, but I was so happy to be back in the gym. We went (actually walked and it was nice I was able to walk more than 2 blocks without having to sit down) to a restaurant we hadn''t been too in a long time and wound up running into a young couple we know and they joined us. After dinner, they went to the movies and we walked up to Sbucks for a cup of coffee. I''ve just finished my stretches. I''m not going to push my luck and do the gym two days in a row, but I will go to the gym at least one evening this week after work and hope that I can get back into a reasonable routing soon. Suffice it say, I''m cautiously optimistic!

That was a funny picture Marcy!! Down 4 pounds!!! I knew you''d do great!! And the 10 pounds will melt off the "amazing shrinking woman in no time!" Yumm to Pizza. I tried to talk Charlie into pizza for dinner, since we had just come from the gym, but he just didn''t want the calories.

Lisa, I am going to look into acupuncture, but must go through the physical therapy first before adding another expense.

Thanks Diva. I''m going to become pain free if it kills me!

Thank you tlh and I do like my PT''s optimism and maybe, just maybe I''m begining to believe him!

And thank you too Miscka!! I must admit, the peanut butter panckake was such a treat!!!

Running after kiddos is a workout Kimberly. And I''m sure those kids don''t know how lucky they are to have you running after them!

OK........enought from me. It felt good to write something other than woe is me. As usual, my HLT family has been there to help give me encouragement and I just want you all to know how much I appreciate it. Seems I''ve been needing way too much PS Dust the last few months. It''s time for me to not need any for a while.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to hear you had less pain today and that you were able to work out at the gym.
36.gif
I am kind of achy tonight from the kitchen clean out this morning but the last time we did it I had to set in a chair and tell Marty what stayed and could go. This time I was up and down a ladder and took care of all of it myself.
9.gif
A few more trips to Hong Kong and our entire house will be cleaned out and organized. I think next time I''ll throw out a lot of his clothes - that way there would be more room for mine.
11.gif

Tomorrow I will be eating out 3 meals but I plan to use the old Marcy portion control. I am MOTIVATED.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I am setting here STARVING waiting for my parents to call.Ugh.If I don’t hear from them by 7 pm I am eating here.

I got up early and we left at 7:30 this morning.I ran my parents to Denver so they could take a steam engine train ride from there to here.We had breakfast at IHOP.I had 2 small pancakes, part of an egg and 1 piece of bacon.After I dropped them off I went to the mall and got myself and my mom some rain jackets on sale at Land’s End.I had the center of a small cinnabon while at the mall.Then I went jewelry shopping.I have a ruby bracelet that the stones are good color but opaque but the problem on that bracelet is it’s too big for me now and it keeps getting caught in my sleeves and it’s fallen off me twice now.I also didn’t have a ruby pendant so I was looking for something not awful but not great enough I didn’t feel bad buying them.I have a nice ruby ring and earrings but rarely wear them enough to warrant a lot of money to finish my set.I ended up getting a very cool and different necklace and an okay bracelet.I will post pictures soon.Then I took my “collection” from my favorite jewelry store in to be cleaned and checked.That took awhile.After I was finished there I went to Noodles and Company and ordered a small mac and cheese and brought ½ of it home.Now I am waiting for the parents to call as they need a ride home from our depot and wanted to go eat somewhere.

I had 20 papers to grade when I got home.

Tomorrow I am going to our local free pancake breakfast with the in-laws, then to a BBQ for employees at the school where I teach and then will watch the Thunderbirds practice tomorrow afternoon.

Take care.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......another quick check-in. Today was a mixed bag pain wise. There were times the pain was low and there weretimes the pain was high. The good thing is the low's outpaced the highs. I did my streteches several times today. They're getting easier to do, which is another good sign. Charlie had to work tonight, so I just relaxed and finally went out to get a bite to eat. I couldn't think of anything I wanted, so I wound up at a pizza place near Sbucks and I had two slices, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I finished the evening with a cup of coffee under the oak. Tomorrow's Monday night sushi.

Good for you to be able to go up and down the ladder by yourself Marcy!! I'm not sure Marty would be too thrilled to find his clothes gone my dear!!! Yay for being motivated. For people like us, weight will be a forever struggle. Sounds like you had a good time at the mall. We went to the mall yesterday and I got a new really cool case for my iPhone. It's electric orange!!

I'm guessing everyone was out having fun today as there aren't many posts. I hope you all had a good weekend and are looking forward to the new week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, glad to hear the periods of low pain were more frequent than the times of high pain.

36.gif
That is great you went out and enjoyed some pizza.I could just start throwing out a few of Marty''s shirts here and there; I could just convince him he left them on one of his trips.
11.gif
Of course once he figures it out my clothes will probably be under a snow bank somewhere.LOL.Okay, I will keep my happy home and not throw his clothes out.Your new phone case sounds great.I like bright colors.

Well I must get ready for bed.I am getting up early.Rats.

See everyone in next week’s thread.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results