shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 13th July till 19th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I hope things are going well! I was thinking today how so often it is the little things which make a difference, especially with food. It is so easy to become a little complacent with our daily eating patterns, and a few extra calories slip in here and there, they soon add up and then we see the inevitable result on our backsides!
15.gif
As we know it only takes an extra 3500 cals to gain a pound and it is so easy to hit this figure if we don't watch ourselves.

A bit of extra cheese here....Not measuring out salad dressing and using full fat dressings.....drinks.....not blotting or cooking out fat or oil from meat....a few handfuls of nuts or chips....candy bars......butter on food.....and so on.

It is so easy for these extra calories to insidiously creep in, so definitely have a good look at what you are eating daily and where you can ' trim some fat' from everyday cals. Make every calorie count, you might be surprised as to how many you are potentially wasting by not realizing it, so go over your daily food and keep an eye out for where you might be unintentionally taking in extra. This can often make the difference between a nice drop weightwise or a plateau or gain. Also writing everything down can really pinpoint how you are doing and where you might need to make some changes.

Have a great week
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great opening Lorelei-just what I needed to get back on track as I definitely have been having an extra few calories here and there on our honeymoon. I''m going back to the gym tonight for my work outs and I''m so not in the mood, but I know if I don''t go back tonight, I probably won''t return for ages. I''m just trying to remember how much I loved it before the wedding and honeymoon. I hope that everyone is doing well-will have to try and catch up on what I''ve missed.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
lorelei - gr8 opener, soo true!
bee*- WELCOME BACK! I''m glad you enjoyed your wedding and honeymoon, and am glad to see you back!

Everyone, Happy MONDAY!
35.gif

I enjoyed my rest day, while my fam did the 5k yesterday. I know I often talk about my exercise, but I wanted to also notate, that I do rest. It is crucial, to allow the body to recover from the stresses and demands you put on it. This morning, I''d love to say I hit the road refreshed, but I''d be fibbin''. I went out at 5:30AM and it was already 94* outside. I don''t see how people are running at 5PM when it is 116*, that just seems like an invitation for heat stroke. So when I see them with their ONE 8oz water bottle, I just have to tell myself they are training for the ultra marathon in the mohave desert... otherwise, it just doesn''t make any sense...
33.gif
About the 5k yesterday, my family did great! I''m so proud of them all. In fact my bro- has signed up for another 5k race in October. I''m thrilled, too. My bro is down over 20 pounds, and is now able to do a lot more than he could before. His energy level is much higher... and that is all that I wanted, was for my family to be healthy... no matter the activity they particpate in.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." ~ Unknown

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Happy new week all!

Lorelei...great opener (as always!). To me, it seems much easier to do without the "little" extras then to have to think about losing large amounts of weight or being super strict with myself (which I am not great about).

tlh, you have such great energy
1.gif

Bee* I saw a few of your pics....beautiful!

I am working hard this week to stop the insanity. I got DH to promise to ride bikes with me, and I am trying to work on good carbs vs. bad carbs. My "wedding" is in like 7 or 8 weeks (too scared to count! LOL!) and I need to get better. I just feel flabby, so working out is the answer!

I also figured out how to get my baking fix without eating too much....give it away! I made cupcakes and gave 1/2 away, and I have a few more projects to give away lined up (DH''s office, friend''s bday, puppy treats, etc) so hopefully that keeps me occupied!

Oh, also, my scope is tomorrow....wish me luck! I am a little nervous
14.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
miscka 0 I love working out my my hubs, I hope you can inspire him to workout with you!
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm this is a fab website for finding how many grams of each carb, fat, and protein, you should be eating w/n a caloric range. Maybe this will help with your balancing act?
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a short little post-met up with my trainer so she''s given me a kick ass new programme for my "hot wife" diet! I did an hours work out, an hour of spin and an hour of step and am now going to head to bed! Am shattered! Will post more tomorrow!

Hi tlh and miscka!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....It''s "Gimpy" here. It''s already near 11 PM. It was a looooong day. I worked till after 6, then met Charlie for sushi, followed by coffee. I got in the pool at 9 and did 60 laps, which is an increase over yesterday. My leg is still hurting, but at least I''m getting some exercise and a good cardio workout. I''m not a big fan of swimming, but if it will help............I start physical therapy tomorrow after work. I hope it helps. Otherwise, that''s about it for me. I hope everyone had a good Monday and I''ll check in later tomorrow after my swim..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, glad to hear you added more laps today. I did some stretches tonight.

I just frosted my cake for class Wednesday. Didn''t even take a tiny bite to see what this new icing recipe tastes like. Yippee!!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I don''t think I checked in last week - seems like I have time only to read but not post.

I just wanted to say Rod, I am very sorry to hear about your disc troubles, and it''s natural to be bummed. But I am betting that when/if you need surgery, you will bounce back MUCH faster than you would have before Rebuild Rod. Your overall health is so much better and that will def. help! I am glad to hear that you are increasing your swimming - Lisa is right - you will soon be the Michael Phelps of the Health Liftestyle thread!

Marcy - I am also up a couple of pounds and it''s been a little tough on my psyche considering I am trying to lose and not even just maintain. I KNOW it is from extra eating, but I seem to have trouble sticking with my diet - especially on the weekends. I''m not a crazy strict dieter but I seem to have to cut my calories quite a bit to lose weight and I''m hungry! Hopefully it will pass and we''ll both be back to our svelte selves soon! Tell me about it with the baking! I made brownies three weeks ago, chocolate chip cookies last week and brownies again this week! I really don''t need to be eating brownies or cookies every day - it''s just a bad habit to get into. Although - I think I have FINALLY found a homemade brownie recipe that I like just as much as box brownies, so hopefully I can get off this brownie kick!

Bee - WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! Hope the honeymoon was FAB and that you quickly get back into your awesome workout routines!

Lorelei - when I track my foods when I know I''m not eating great, it''s not really an eye opener, but it certainly makes me re-evaluate what the heck I''m doing!

tlh - whoo for your family completing the 5k and for your bro. signing up for another race. I''m hoping this 2 miler coming up will encourage my bro to keep running :).

Miscka - do you have the 30 day shred video? That video makes me really toned really fast! I wish I had it before my wedding!! Riding bikes is so fun though - have fun with the hubs!

Skippy - hope you''re having fun on vacation!!!

As for me, I haven''t officially worked out since last Wednesday (yikes!). However, all weekend, the hubby & I redid the landscaping in front of our house. He & a friend had already pulled out hte old bushes, but I spent many hours shoveling dirt (which gave a good workout to my chest muscles and arms!), raking dirt, carrying flowers & shrubs, planting, mulching and watering! My legs/hips hurt especially still, but I''m still going to attempt a run this evening. I''ll take it easy, but I think it''ll be good to loosen up the muscles. Tomorrow, I have a friend who lives in VA coming to meet me at my gym cause she''s getting married this Saturday and wants to get in some last minute workouts before the big day! I am so excited for her and glad I''ll have a gym buddy!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
bee- glad your trainer is getting a routine for ya!

marcy - I''m happy to read Marty landed safely. I''ve recently started using SparkPeople to help me moniter my protein intake. I should be on a 40-30-30 diet due to the amount of physical exercise I get, to help repair and replenish my muscles. But I typically follow something more like 50-25-25. Which I thought I was hitting the numbers I needed, but was WAY OFF. I tyically have about 50g protein a day, and should be eating 91g. It is really hard getting that in - so I started using SparkPeople as a tool to help track my carbs, fats, and proteins, more than just the calories. I''m new to SparkPeople, but it has really hilighted that I''m not getting enough protein for the type of lifestyle I lead. (Oh and Spark automatically has a 55, 25, 20 diet set up, I had to change the settings for my own dietary needs.) I didn''t know if this was something that you might find helpful?

Rod- glad you got your swim in, hope your PT is beneficial.

Danielle - oo! I hope your bro has a nice 2mile run! Have fun on your run and workout with your gym buddy! (Also never discount the power of yardwork! I mean, how many cowboys are like in shape-hot?!?)
Everyone Happy Tuesday!
35.gif

I''ve been doing the Shred every night and I like the way it has been strengthening my stablizing muscles. I do it during the 2nd round of the same news broadcast. I figure they replay the same thing anyway, so I disgest dinner during the first newscast, and then get my workout in, and shower, and wind down for the evening. This morning I got up before sunrise to see if it would be any cooler. Nope. Still over 90*. Other than the inferno, the run was good. I''ve been changing up my runs in search of hills and softer terrain. Lately I''ve been seeing the same couple run every morning. They are really cute. I wave every morning, and wonder if they are out there for the exercise, or if it is training for something in particular. Oh well. I just like seeing couples out enjoying life together... though I see more couples riding bikes than running, but that might be because I live in a more bicycle friendly community.

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all. Just a fly-by.....zooomm....

Yesterday we took JT and the 3 little girls down to the creek for a while and today we took them on a 4 mile hike. We had a great time. We all walked through the creek beds and did a bit of rock climbing, and of course, I have to attempt to scale the waterfall every time I go. JT absolutely loves it there. After we were done there we went to another park and hiked another mile and a half but the park is so over-developed and renovated it just wasn''t that fun. Still the kids were completely worn out and they all crashed as soon as we got home. My knees are sore and I gave myself a blister but other than that I''m good!

We''ll be walking some more tonight so hopefully they won''t get sore tomorrow....that''s a nice way to return children to their mother! I think tomorrow we''ll be on the slip n slide for a relaxing day.

Of course, I have to give in and make pizza......
2.gif

Have a great tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread (February I think), but it's nice to see everyone is still going strong. I've been meaning to come back, but I found myself spending a lot of time on a different website dedicated to weight loss and maintenance. It's one of those calorie counter sites and I have to admit it was a real eye opener. Not only was I eating way too much, but what I was eating wasn't as healthy as I thought it was. So I changed my ways, started logging my food and exercise and lost 20 pounds! I was at my weight goal in April and have been maintaining ever since. I still have a little bit more to lose, but I just wanted to share with you guys and just say thank you. Although I wasn't posting regularly, I did read alot, especially Lorelei's posts and was always motivated to continue.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulatoins, Diva!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Of course it''s late, but I absolutely had to post tonight. I had my Physical Therapy session tonight and it was really good. I''ve worked with this PT before, when I broke my arm skating several years ago and he''s really really good. He is so encouraging and tonight was no exception. He believes I''ll make a full recovery and thinks I can avoid surgery if I work hard. Well that''s not an issue. I''ll do anything to avoid surgery AND be pain free. He actually didn''t recognize me, which was kind of funny. He knew I was coming and remembered my name, but when he came to call me into the pt room, he looked right at me and then at everyone else waiting and finally said is that you???? The last time he saw me, I was a blimp. He was really excited to see the changes I''ve made since Rebuild Rod began and it''s because of these changes he thinks I can overcome spinal stenosis. He showed me how the injury (he does believe I sustained an injury, which I don''t recall at all), has my nerve so tight, it''s being pinched and causing the pain. His goal is to stretch out the nerve and open up the lower lumbar support. He gave me loads of painful and difficult to do stretches, with instructions to do them several days a day. I''ve done them twice since coming home AND I also swam. It''s too early to say there''s any pain relief, but I''m hopeful for the first time in several weeks.

Thanks Marcy and YAY for losing 1.5 pounds!!!

Thanks so much Danielle. I''m going to do everything I can to avoid having surgery. I''m not sure I''m going to become the Michael Phelps of the HLT. I''m swimming, but not loving it. I''m afraid I''ve always thought of the pool as a place to lounge and cool off in. Working in the yard is a workout for sure, so no worries on not ''officially'' working out.......

Thanks tlh......ouch, 90 before the sun comes up is waaay toooo hot, even for Florida. I hope it cools off soon.

I''m glad you had a good 4 mile hike with the girls. Yummm to pizza!

Hey Diva, CONGRATULATIONS on losing 20 pounds!!! Way To Go!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny - your day sounds fun!

marcy- WHOOP WHOOP and the 1.5# weight loss!!!!!!!!!!

diva- congrats on the 20#s!!!!!!!! that is phenom!

rod- that is fantastic! i love your progress and that he believes in you!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

everyone
35.gif

not gonna type much, got "mouse elbow". eats are good. making the change to the diet is interesting. A lot more protein than I am used to. I always made sure to have protein, healthy fat, and carbs in every meal, but I was eating 50/25/25 or 55/25/20 and I should be eating 40/30/30. Wow, you''d think it just be a little change, but with the carbs dropping so much, it really upped my protein needs. I''m hoping getting my diet and not just the calories in balance (staying in the correct # of calories was never a problem) I''ll be able to drop those 5-10 pesky #s. I''ve noticed though since cutting out all the extra sugars, but upping my intake of nuts and seeds, my energy level is much better. I never get the 3pm crash anymore. run was good too.

"Don''t dig your grave with your own knife and fork." ~English Proverb

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 5:28:46 AM
Author:Lorelei
Happy new week all!

I hope things are going well! I was thinking today how so often it is the little things which make a difference, especially with food. It is so easy to become a little complacent with our daily eating patterns, and a few extra calories slip in here and there, they soon add up and then we see the inevitable result on our backsides!
15.gif
As we know it only takes an extra 3500 cals to gain a pound and it is so easy to hit this figure if we don''t watch ourselves.

A bit of extra cheese here....Not measuring out salad dressing and using full fat dressings.....drinks.....not blotting or cooking out fat or oil from meat....a few handfuls of nuts or chips....candy bars......butter on food.....and so on.

It is so easy for these extra calories to insidiously creep in, so definitely have a good look at what you are eating daily and where you can '' trim some fat'' from everyday cals. Make every calorie count, you might be surprised as to how many you are potentially wasting by not realizing it, so go over your daily food and keep an eye out for where you might be unintentionally taking in extra. This can often make the difference between a nice drop weightwise or a plateau or gain. Also writing everything down can really pinpoint how you are doing and where you might need to make some changes.

Have a great week
35.gif
6.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Lorelei, as always a fantastic opener!

TLH, I admire your dedication. I don''t even contemplate what ratios of what I''m eating (but we do eat really healthily in general so I''m not too worried about it) but again, I love your dedication. Counting calories is hard enough for me!

Marc, congratulations on lbs. lost. I still have those pesky extra lbs. hanging around that fell out of the sky. I am learning to live with them, for now anyways.

Diva, congrats on hard work paying off!

Rod, glad PT went so well and that swimming is getting easier, if not more enjoyable.

Bee, you are already a hot wife!

I did yoga today. It felt really good, I''m still a spaghetti noodle from it. Not sure what is for dinner, the chef of the house is busy making something though.

Have a great evening all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......quick flyby........I couldn''t really tell any difference in the pain today, but maybe I''m expecting things to improve too fast. Afterall, I''ve been in pain for months now, so a couple days of swimming and 1 PT session isn''t likely going to make much difference. I needed a night off from swimming, so I just did my stretches tonight. They do burn, which I guess is good? I''m having my 2nd PT session tomorrow and I''m sure he''ll increase the amount of streteches I do. I''ll let you know how it went tomorrow night. I''m kind of pooped, so am signing off now. I hope you all had a good day.........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello my HLT friends! I can''t believe it''s Weds night and this is the first time I''m checking in with everyone. The new job has me sitting in an aisle way to the kitchen so I have no PS capabilities during the day. Sad. Then my sis and I have been doing lots of working out together, and with wedding stuff and helping my parents build some websites, no time. BUT, I want to check in with everyone! Today my trainer started our first day of strength workout. My sister did 40lb dumb bell incline bench presses. The trainer said he''s never had a client do that. She rocks!!!

TLH, wow! 90F at 5AM is ridiculously hot!!! I used to live in FL and I thought it was way too hot. Don''t know how you do it in the desert! Good for you with keeping with your runs etc.

Rod, I''m cheering you on with your PT sessions. I''m glad you''re able to do more laps and I''m really hoping you''ll get some relief from your pain. Awesome that the PT didn''t recognize you, and if he thinks you''ll be able to get over this, I''m sure you will.

Bee, welcome back! Awesome to keep at the workouts even after the honeymoon & wedding! I hope to have your discipline!

Miscka, great idea to give away the baking! I love the idea! And everyone''s always so happy that you bring stuff in. How was your scope?

Danielle, relandscaping totally counts as working out! Hope you and your temporary gym buddy get some good workouts in.

Shiny, awesome day with the kids! Sounds fantastic and super healthy. I''m sure JT loves to get ouside liek that too.

Marcy, yay for 1.5lbs!!!! You eats are sounding on track, right on!

Diva, awesome with the 20lbs!!! That''s inspiring!

Kim, yay for yoga!! Sis and I are going to do yoga later this week as our treat for working out all week. :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

I did pretty darn good today in spite of temptations.I lost another pound this morning.At the pizza buffet I ordered a plain burger (no bun) and ate about 2/3 of it and 8 fries.After cake class a friend wanted to go eat so I have ¼ of a burger and bun and a few fries.She and I have a challenge to lose 10 pounds too.

Rod, very cool the guy PT didn’t recognize you.The best news is he thinks he can get you pain free and all fixed up without surgery.Thanks for cheering me on as you always do.

Tlh, LOL at whoop, whoop – I can see you doing that.Thank you very much.Glad to hear you notice a change in energy level with your new food mixture.

Hi Steel!

Kimi, those stupid pesky pounds found me too my friend.All we can do it work on them one day at a time.Thanks for the congrats.

Lisa, glad to hear you are keeping busy between work, workouts and weddings (wow for the w’s).Yes, my eating is on track.I know how and what to do so I am just doing it.I appreciate everyone’s support.

Take care.
Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
kim- glad you are still feeling the bene''s of yoga!

rod- swimming and stretching should help. remember pyramids weren''t built overnight. in the end, the hard work, and dedication will pay off with something beautiful!

lisa you sis rox! so do u for getting your workouts in w. the busy schedule!

marcy - another #! Wow, u are unstoppable!!!!

run was good. a little slow though, yesterday was the icescream social at work, and I helped myself to 1/2 cup of fat free sugar free icecream. bad idea, 1, ruined app for dinner (since I eat at 4:30) 2, I had a crash from the sweet toppings 20 mins later- where I felt all bummy, and 3, the sugar alcohol is harder to digest... so lets just say I didin''t run too far this AM before nature called...and I had to scurry back home.

"Your stomach shouldn''t be a waist basket." ~Author Unknown

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone! This week is not turning out as I planned, but it''s been ok! I didn''t get to run Tuesday b/c I ended up procrastinating too long on my studying and then was stuck inside on a BEAUTIFUL day reading the most boring statistics book ever created :). However, I just had my test yesterday and now I am free for the rest of the summer from school!

And then last night I was supposed to meet my friend at the gym. But she is getting married this Saturday and ended up being too busy (which I certainly can relate to!). So I decided to go home and I did the Jillian video instead. I kinda wish I had gone to the gym, but oh well! The first part of the Jillian video is all pushups andI guess my chest/biceps were still a little sore from shoveling dirt. It was tough but I made it through it! I love how Jillian''s video gives me definition on the side of my abs!!

Today I''d love to go running, but I''m pretty certain it will be raining after work. Thankfully tomorrow looks like it will be good so I will be out there tomorrow no doubt. If I can run Fri/Sunday I will be happy but still wishing I got that run in on Tuesday! I''ll do the Jillian video tonight if it''s raining!

The good news is my eating has been pretty good lately, so I have lost 2 pounds of the 4 I gained. I am hoping to maintain this loss over the weekend since i''m going to both a wedding & a bridal shower and will not be eating at home.

tlh - I swear I cannot eat fake sugar foods. They taste funny to me and always make me feel sick. I don''t seem to have this problem with other processed food, just fake sugar! Sorry your run got cut short because of it. Next time have regular ice cream :). I try to follow 40/30/30 as well, and it''s really hard! All that protein is tough to get in. I find to boost it sometimes I will eat a greek yogurt (fage 0% is my favorite), a sargento reduced fat string cheese and try tofind things with meat in them for lunch and hardly ever eat sandwiches. I can''t really drink protein shakes b/c I am too hungry in the morning and by the time the afternoon rolls around I have to save calories for dinner! That is so weird for me because I never used to be able to eat anything in the morning. Now I am ravenous! I use dailyburn.com to track my foods - they keep making improvements to make it even better, but I tend to prefer their layout/charts/etc the best. Plus it has a social networking side to it so I am "motivators" with my hubby and our best friends so we can check out eachother''s workouts and nutrition logs.

Marcy - yay on the 1.5 lbs! You''ll be down 10 in no time - you are a super loser! :)

Diva - congrats on the 20lbs! That is awesome! What did yo u find worked for you? Mostly cutting calories, or increasing your exercise?

Rod - glad the PT session went well! Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get better in a reasonable amount of time!

Kimmy - yay for yoga! I had been going last year for a bit, I definitely should, it''s just kinda expensive! What did J end up making for dinner? I love when my hubs cooks. He''s a really good cook, but I love cooking too so I do most of it :).

Liang - glad you & your sis have been doing a lot of workouts. When is your wedding - did you say October? I don''t follow BWW that much, but have you posted pics of your dress or anything? Even though I got married almost 2 years ago, I still love hearing the details of other peoples weddings!!

Ok - that was a novel!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My little girls are gone today.
8.gif
JT misses them so much! We went to the park and he immediately befriended 2 little girls. Yesterday most of the neighborhood kids came to our house and we had a giant water fight. DH sprained his ankle, one little girl got skinned on her back (from falling with wet feet) and for some reason my shoulders are sore, so I''m counting that as a workout! I have no idea how I got the sore shoulders or what I could have possibly done to cause it but obviously they got some exercise.

I''m down 9 pounds total since starting the BC pill. Once again, really weird but not something I''ll be complaining about!! I haven''t yogaed in a few days so I''m hoping to get in a good workout this evening once JT''s in bed.

have a great tomorrow, all!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

It''s a 2 job no workout day.

Danielle, hubby made fruit salad and eggplant parmesan. So delicious. I''m a bit spoiled, he cooks 90% of the time. Sorry procrastination got in the way of exercise, I know how that feels.

Lliang, hope wedding stuff is going well, and the new job too! Enjoy your yoga relaxation.

SS, sorry the girls are gone and you''re sad. I hate saying bye to my nephew.

Marcy, the lbs. will go away for sure.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........This will be another flyby. I had my 2nd PT session and he worked me hard. I''ve got an hour of homework do to every morning and night (I''ll have to do some at work too) and he had a cardio bike thing I''ve never seen before, but it cradles my back and he put me on it and it was so nice to be doing something really cardio like. I think he was surprised as he kept raising the level because he didn''t think I was pushing hard enough. He finally made me get off after 20 minutes, but I could have gone on. That was kind of fun. And he''s convinced that because I''m in good shape he''s positive he can make me pain free. It''s just that it will take some time and I''m afraid I''m not the most patient person and I''m tired of being in pain and I want to wake up tomorrow pain free. OK......I''ll work hard and do what I''m told and hopefully one day soon I''ll get my wish. We went to our little diner for dinner and I was in the mood to have breakfast, so I had scramble eggs, home fries, ham and toast. It was such a nice treat. They also brought me one peanut butter pancake, which was absolutley do die for (thank goodness Charlie ate more than half of it). Then I came home and swam. Now it''s time to log off and do my hour of stretching.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I absolutely AM going to the gym Saturday with Charlie. I went over my workout with my therapist and with some monior modification, he feels I can pretty much do my entire upper body workout. So, we''ll see how that goes.

OK.....stretches to do.........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I''m so happy your PT thinks he can get some positive results. I know you said the cause of your pain is structural/physical, but perhaps some acupuncture can help reduce the symptom of the pain? Since starting acupuncture in July, my wrist pain is almost gone. I''d say on a bad day I''m at 80% healthy. On a good day, I''m closer to 93% healthy. And I have more good days than bad. It''s worth a shot. I''m sending you dust that things will get better for you.

It was raining today so sis and I didn''t do our short run. We hit Target instead, and I spent $150 there. I need to make James go there because he never ends up spending more than he''s supposed to.... Or at least I don''t think so....

Kim, still 2 jobs! You''re one busy woman!!! I don''t know how you do it!

Shiny, I''ve been yoga-less for 2 months now! I''m so psyched to do it tomorrow with my sister :) JT sounds like quite the ladies man! You better watch it!!!! ;-) It''s great that he was able to have so many friends over to play with during the summer. And running after kids is DEFINITELY a workout!!!

Danielle, Rock the Jillian Anderson! I hope you get to hit the gym. Don''t you just LOVE how boring stats books are (sarcasm)? I think I should''ve kept one from university so I can read it when I''m having trouble sleeping. Yay! for no more school!!!! Yay for losing 2lbs!!! I haven''t posted much pictures of my dress etc, but my first fitting is in two weeks and I''ll try to take some pictures. I''m planning on some significant changes on the dress (neckline from straight strapless to V-neck) so we''ll see what good the pictures will do.

TLH, my sister does rock!!! Awesome with the run, but I totally know what you mean about the sugar digestion. That''s why I stay away from that Goo stuff.

Marcy, wow, you laugh in the face of temptation!!!! I''m in awe! That is a lot of W''s but I still try to get time in for you friends here! I feel like I"m so out of touch if I don''t check in. I love this forum :) You''ll be able to hit your 10lb goal I''m sure!!! And we''re here to cheer you on!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I started the day down over 4 pounds now.Woo hoo!But more exciting was getting to see and talk to Marty online before going to work.

People did like my fondant cake at work today.I had a small piece for my mid morning break. The marshmallow fondant was very sweet but it did taste pretty good.

I had an email from DeeJay today.She has been busy but wanted me to tell you all hi.

I met a friend of mine I met on Sparkpeople for lunch today.It was nice.We each had a few chips and salsa and I had 2 crisp tacos.For supper tonight I had some chicken and fresh fruit and a small cup of TCBY yogurt.I wandered the mall and Sams for my walking.My right knee is still giving me fits and acts like it wants to give out on my; that at least means it wasn’t the treadmill.

Something really struck me today.I have never in my life been able to say “I need to lose 10 pounds”.I don’t mean to offend anyone or lesson the importance of that statement by anyone but from my perspective it just hit me as funny.My entire life I have been fat, obese or morbidly obese.Whenever I’d be around people talking about dieting I would want to crawl under a chair and hide which of course was impossible for someone weighing over 300 pounds.The topic was uncomfortable for me because I knew I should be the one saying “I need to lose weight”.I’d hear a skinny lady say; “I need to lose 10 pounds” and I’d think something like “if she thinks she’s fat; what does she think of me?” or “I wish that was all I had to lose”.When I began this journey I needed to lose more than 160 pounds.I just found it kind of cool and funny that I need to lose 10 pounds; it’s like a drop in the bucket compared to the last time I decided to go on a diet.It certainly doesn’t seem overwhelming or impossible to me.Yippee!

Tlh, rats for the little ice cream social ruining your plans.I picked up some slow churned ice cream tonight and some ww giant chocolate bars to appease my evening sweet tooth.

Danielle, how exciting you are out of school for the summer.My classes end on the 31st so I guess I don’t have much time left either.Glad you were able to get in a great workout with your video. Thanks; I don’t mind being a “loser”.Tee hee.

Somethingshiny, how sad the girls went home.Woo hoo and congratulations for being down 9 pounds.

Kimi, I think working 2 jobs is kind of a workout in a different way.I will be back on campus in the fall again and my “stuff” is 4 buildings away from my classroom this year.That will enable me to do quite a bit of walking on class night.

Rod, way to impress your PT what great shape you are in.I am so glad to hear he thinks he can get you fixed up and pain free.I am not a patient person either so I am right there with you on that.PB pancakes sound wonderful.

Lisa, that is great to hear your wrist is doing so much better.I tend to spend about $20 per 5 minutes I am in Target.I need to shop faster I guess.I have a hard time staying caught up with this forum in the fall but I try.Thanks for cheering me on; I am pretty focused on this.

Well, take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit of cultural news for a change.

David To Be Returned To Italy

After a two year loan to the United States,

Michelangelo's David is being returned to Italy .

Proud Sponsors were:
McDonald's, KFC and Starbucks

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

fatdavid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results