shape
carat
color
clarity

He went to Whiteflash!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kykd5

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Well, I haven’t corresponded much on this website, but I’ve been lurking for several months. When my boyfriend and I started talking marriage and started looking at rings… well, little researcher that I am, I began to do searches on Google and came upon Pricescope. First impression – what does something called Pricescope have to do with diamonds? Strange name for such a website! But, you guys have helped us out tremendously! And, through all the positive experiences posted in the forum, you led us to Whiteflash. Lucky us that we happen to live in Houston!

The Proposal – My boyfriend, Chuck, proposed on New Year’s Eve at Westside Tennis Club. Since he hadn''t played tennis all year, I suggested that we go hit for awhile, simply to enjoy the unseasonably nice weather. Little did I know I was playing right into his little plan! We hit on the ball machine for awhile before Chuck suggested we go outside, because he wanted to hit on a normal court. He led us to center court, which happens to be in a large stadium that is home to the Clay Court Championships every April (and also the site of our first date 3 1/2 years ago). Hmmm, I should have known something was up at this point! When we finished hitting, he gave me a hug and kiss at the net, and I noticed that he was holding two tennis balls. He looked at one of them and said, "Oh no, there''s a split in this one," and he held it out. Then he started shaking it, and guess what was inside! I was completely overwhelmed and absolutely surprised! Even though we picked out the ring together, I thought it would take at least several more weeks! Mushy words followed... he asked... I said YES!

The Diamond Buying Experience – Leslie, Brian and Leon of Whiteflash were an absolute dream to work with! On our first trip in, we looked at ACA H&A diamonds ranging from a D, VS1 to a J, SI2. Let me tell you, every single one was gorgeous! Poor Brian spent 3 hours with us during our first visit, and that was in the middle of the Christmas rush, no less! He spent the first hour educating us on the H&A diamonds, and the Whiteflash diamond philosophy. We were lucky to be able to view the ACA diamonds firsthand, but let me tell you that the cut of the ACA H&A diamond really offsets any “sacrifices” in color or clarity.

The Ring – I picked out several settings that I liked, and Chuck surprised me with my DREAM ring! The diamond specifics: 1.093 ACA Round Brilliant, Color J, Clarity SI1, Measurements 6.70-6.72x4.06, HCA 1.4 (Ex/Ex/Ex/VG). The setting: Whiteflash Champaigne Pave setting in yellow gold w/matte finish. When I first saw the picture of this setting online, I thought it looked a bit odd (and to be honest, I much preferred the platinum in the same design). But in person… Wow! I loved it more and more each time I saw it on my hand! Here’s the pics…

kykd5a1.JPG

kykd5

Rough_Rock
Here''s one by Whiteflash...

kykd5z2.jpg

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a beautiful ring! Your proposal story is so cute.
Congratulations! Are you planning to get the matching band? (And will you wear it on your right hand so there is no rubbing against the melee or your brushed finish?)
Lisa
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it''s just gorgeous - please post more pics of that ring!

Congrats on your engagement - thanks for sharing your story with us! (And don''t forget more pics!)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
WOW that ring is just gorgeous - congratulations!!!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations wow It is such a beautiful setting!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it is gorgeous!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, congratulations!!!
30.gif
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. I like the setting very much.

kykd5

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Lisa - there were several matching bands. The one I liked best had a thinner band with only a few scattered pave diamonds. I read that there''s a chance the matte finish might rub off with the two bands against each other, and would love some feedback from other regarding this. I''ll also talk to Brian about it when the time comes to purchase the bands. I''m crazy about this setting and have gotten so many compliments on it (my favorite, "Oh my gosh, there are diamonds everywhere! They''re, oh, just, they''re everywhere!!") I''ll post more pics.

kykd5

Rough_Rock
Hand pics.. a little dark. Still working on picture sizing.

kykd5z5.JPG

kykd5

Rough_Rock

kykd5z6.JPG

kykd5

Rough_Rock

kykd5z7.JPG

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Woo Hoo!!! Congrats! I love it all- the proposal, the diamond, and the ring.
30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved that setting! It looks fabulous in yellow gold! Congrats!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL! Wow I am not a huge yellow gold fan but I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations!!!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW! It''s stunning - ON FIRE!!! - I''m so happy to hear that the proposal came fast and with so much thought! Your boyfriend (soon to be hubby) sounds so sweet. Congratulations!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the yellow gold setting. Not that I could ever get tired of looking at any type of jewelry on this forum, but your ring is a breath of fresh air. Truly unique. The stone is a stunner! Congratulations
1.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, so unusual, but so pretty. I really would love to have experienced a visit to Whiteflash.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely and I adore the Champagne Setting.........
41.gif
41.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful. That champagne setting (in yellow or white) has been one of my favorites for very long time. I think it is the first one I have seen with the yellow matte finish, which is very pretty. The contrast between the yellow gold and the white of the diamonds is so pretty.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous gorgeous and unusual mounting----------------!

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Oh, My!!!!!
30.gif
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that ring!!!!!!

Congratulations!

widget

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Its gorgeous! You will have to start coming to are H-town girls get togethers.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
(in a cheesy commercial voice): "ahh, he wen''t to Whiteflash"

congrats to you both on your engagement and doing you research really paid off..your ring is blinding me with sparkle
10.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Let me chime in too!!!

I love the ring and the setting. It''s soooooo pretty!

Congratulations!!!

30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
just beautiful!! I am not a yellow gold girl either, but I love it
30.gif
and your proposal story is fantastic. congrats to both of you
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif

I AM a yellow gold gal, and I love it!!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is gorgeous in white AND in yellow!! Congratulations on your engagement! That "J" looks fantastic! In the 4th pic you posted (side view of diamond) you can just barely see any color at all!

RE matte finish wearing off: My ering is matte on the upper half (not on the half of the ring that goes on the palm side of my hand) and the wband is matte all the way around, and after over 1 year of wearing the ering and 6 months of wearing the wband, not soldered together, the matte finish is gone on the band but is still there on the top of the ering. Having the diamond basket on the top helped protect the ering finish from scratching/wearing off. However, I really like the patina that''s forming on my wband and it sort of matches the look of the matte finish. I think that if you wear the rings unsoldered then the matte finish will wear off on the sides of the ring that touch each other, not the top (which you''ll see), and on the bottom of the ring where it gets most of the abuse anyways. Talk to Brian though and see what he says.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is perfect, and what a sweet way to propose! Are you going to keep the tennis ball in a shadow box? Congrats on your lovely new ring, he did a great job!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results