shape
carat
color
clarity

He proposed! The ring is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnell

Rough_Rock
I have the photos on my flickr site. www.flickr.com/photos/lynnell. Mrssalvo was kind enough to post them below for me as well.

Proposal Story
Of course I said yes! First he surprised me with my favorite flowers at my work on Friday and said there was more to come. Then on Saturday he took me to St. Louis and we went up in the Arch. Then we went to the botanical gardens. He kept trying to find the perfect spot at the gardens and didn’t think any were right (even though I kept thinking, oh this spot would be nice, he could do it in this spot . . .). We were going to go to the art museum as well but it took too long at the Arch.

Then after the gardens (which are huge and really pretty) we went to this restaurant in “The Hill” which is in the Italian district. It was right next to the garden district so that was convenient. He had called ahead and told them he was proposing and was probably going to do it B4 we got there but just in case to put us at a private table. (He told me this later). When we got there they put us in a room with several other tables that filled up within 5 minutes of us being seated. So I’m thinking he isn’t going to do it today and maybe he has something planned for tomorrow too (we had to be at a friend's birthday thing at this country line dancing place in Kingdom City by 9pm).

Then we were walking to the car up the street from the restaurant and I was like “why are you walking so slow, I’m cold, lets move it!” And he stopped and hugged me to warm me up and I’m like “Oooooh, are you going to ask me a question?” And he was like “Maybe.” And I’m thinking, of all the opportunities he’s had all day he’s going to ask me now, on the sidewalk? It wasn’t too bad though, there were little houses on the street, there were street lamps giving a little light, and fallen leaves covering the sidewalk. So then I say “I’m cold” and he said “Would the question you’ve been waiting for all day warm you up any?” And I said “Maybe... “ and then he said, “I love you very much and I would be very happy if you would marry me.”

I said, “Is that a question?”. And he said “Yes it is, will you marry me?” Then he pulls out the ring box and presses the spring loaded button so the lid pops open in a very cliché type way and we both started laughing. Then I said “Of course I’ll marry you..” and tried to put the ring closer to the light so I could look at it then I saw it was perfect, exactly what I wanted, and gave it back to him so he could put it on my finger. Then he did and we hugged some more and then got in the car headed for Kingdom City. And no, he didn’t get on one knee because he was trying to keep me warm. ;o)

widget

Ideal_Rock
How sweet!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!

widget

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal. The rings is just beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!

That proposal sounds SO sweet, and the ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

Lynnell

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I forgot to mention it is an ering. .68 cushion cut E VS2 from diamondcutters . and the setting is from ebay. It was set by our local jeweler (Tucker''s fine jewelry in Columbia, MO) in a split prong head.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Its gorgeous!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~What a sweet proposal, and a gorgeous ring!!! Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I
30.gif
cushions.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is just lovely!
36.gif
It sounds like you had a wonderful e-day (engagement day?) as well.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful, I love cushions. The setting is very pretty as well. Enjoy!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i hope you don''t mind if i post your pics here
1.gif

57788661_679f7541af_m.jpg

57788658_f0f68ac795_m.jpg

57788118_f2f24b753d_m.jpg

57788117_4f9b7765ed_m.jpg

57788116_4d82e31fe5_m.jpg

57788114_439d5a5df9_m.jpg

57788112_018e2237f2_m.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is very lovely! Congrats!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That was a sweet proposal.
1.gif

Please post the pictures here. I cannot access the stie from my work computer, since my company filters out certain websites. I can''t wait to see the ring!

Lynnell

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo- Thanks for posting the pics, haven't figured out how to do that. Thanks for all your compliments and thanks to those who gave advice when we were deciding between the assher and the cushion we ended up with! I love my ring!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a great story! And I love the detail on your ring...so pretty!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! congratulations!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!
36.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing...congratulations! I love the detail - it''s so dainty!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! You must have been dying, knowing that he was going to give it to you and he waited till the end of the day. The suspense would have killed me! I love the ring, it is so antique looking, I LOVE it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful... congrats and best wishes
36.gif

Lynnell

Rough_Rock
Yes, the suspense was killing me.
33.gif
It would have been great in this one spot in the "Fragrance Garden." It was a huge atrium filled with flowers and it smelled SO good and there were wrought Iron benches in a corner to sit in. I thought he was stalling when he was taking a photo by the benches. But turned out he didn''t even see the benches! He kept pulling me into more private areas but sometimes these two women would follow us so it wasn''t private but there were several times he could have done it. It was kind of a surprise though that he did it on the sidewalk at the end of the day, he managed to catch me off gard which is hard to do when we picked out the ring together and I knew it was coming sometime soon.
30.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG its so beautiful!!! It looks just like a Tacori ring!!! Congrats and what a sweet proposal. Enjoy this time and your wedding planning, its so much fun and goes by so fast!! i wish you best of luck.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Awww congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Lynnell, what a beautiful ring! It looks just like a Tacori! Congratulations!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!
30.gif
Very classy and tasteful, and what a sweet proposal!
36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!

Gorgeous ring, very classy!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love the setting!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!! its beautiful ring!!!

now tell us, what happened when u walked into ur friends birthday with that ring on ur finger!! c'mon girl, gotta know the reactions =) and of course, we demand some more hand shots ASAP!!! =)

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring!! So classic and pretty on your hand.

What a sweet proposal and adorable couple!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is simply beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results