shape
carat
color
clarity

He forgot my bday ¬

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndieRN13

Rough_Rock
vent, vent, I NEED TO VENT

SO forgot my bday yesterday [04/10]

Knowing that he''d probably forget because he''s so busy at work lately I reminded him last week
Also, dropped a hint on April 8th, to which he replied " I know, baby, you think I''d forget?". Guess what happened, humpf.
Come on, his bday was 2 weeks ago! How hard can be to remember mine ?
I didn''t want much, you know? I am not one of those people who love parties,PDA and everything. I mean, just a simple txt or email " happy birthday" would make me happy.
Sounds like he didn''t even care to tell his PA to remind him, or set on that stupid blackberry a simple alert. He didn''t call me yesterday, didn''t get online on skype or msn and certainly not on FB ( because he''d seen birthday alert and at least pretend!!!)
But guess what! He did remember to buy tickets for his team semifinals later TODAY, what means no plans for us today as well.

Our lil chat today

Mister : Hun, good morning!
Moi: Hey there
Mister:Had a stressful meeting yesterday [he''s an architect and he''s current client is a bit...weird once called my FI 1 AM to change something in the project] you okay?
Moi: *sighs* I am fine
Mister: I have some work to do today before going to the match, just called to check if everything''s fine
Moi: It is fine. Have fun
Mister: ...
Moi: you have work to do. text me before going to the match, okay? Don''t get yourself into trouble.
Mister: Okay baby, I love you
Moi: yeah, me too
Mister: well bye bye ( weird voice tone)

tu tu tu tu

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Do you think I should tell him he forgot my bday? Or just let go?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
TELL HIM - he CANNOT think its OK to forget your birthday
30.gif

this doesnt mean you have to never let him forget it (though i probably wouldnt
31.gif
), but you should at least get some recompense for him being a jackass!

Happy Birthday by the way (see, that wasnt so hard!)
35.gif
36.gif

Hope everyone else spoiled you rotten!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This is not one of those times where you have to "pick your battles"!! He forgot your birthday... You definitely need to let him know how you feel, because that is inexcusable!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yup, you need to tell him pronto and expect that he more than makes up for it! Happy belated birthday!
35.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with what everyone else has said so far! Forgetting your birthday is NOT something that you should forget about. He needs to know and should make it up to you! Let him know that it frustrated/hurt you and that you were dissapointed when he forgot your birthday. Do not let him off the hook on this!

Happy Birthday by the way :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely say it to him. Just ask him is there anything that he''s forgotten about and see does he remember. Hope you did something nice for it anyway!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I would just text him and say "you know my bday was yesterday, right?"...

I don''t think I would make to big of a deal out of it... You said he is in architect and was working on a major project on the day so I can see how that would weigh heavy on his mind. Several of my friends in uni are architects and I can see how it consumes a lot of your time/ mind.

Just let him know and see how it goes from there. He will probably feel bad and WANT to make it up to you vs you getting mad and suggesting him make it up to you...

My BF is HORRIBLE when it comes to birthdays so maybe I just have a completely different outlook on it?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely tell him.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I agree you definitely should tell him. Forgetting your loved one''s birthday is not ok.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should tell him he forgot, but try not to be too bitter about it =( I mean, it sucks that he forgot your birthday, but I have forgottten my really close friends'' birthdays before myself, because sometimes you just get so busy that even though you really care about them, you forget! It''s no excuse, but we''re all human =(.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I can see guys forgetting, but 2 days before and him saying he won''t forget, then not remembering a day or two later seems fishy.

A-he is SUPER busy, but still shouldn''t be to busy to send a text message
B-he has something planned

If it''s A, I''m sorry... guys can be loopy when it comes to dates tho

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no. I''m sorry. I''d tell him too.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is not okay to forget a loved one's birthday.
And as soon as someone lets work interfere with their real, *ahem* I mean, personal life, then there's a priority problem, in my opinion.

The first birthday I celebrated with my DH (then boyfriend) was a little rocky. He didn't call me to wish me a Happy Birthday during the day, and didn't say anything when I called him from work that afternoon. I let him know how it made me feel, and once we communicated about it, everything was fine.
And he's made me feel loved and special for all four birthdays I've celebrated with him since.

Talk to him. He's not a mind reader, and he won't know what to do if you don't let him know how this made you feel.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Oh girl. I am sorry this happened. He needs to know.

Be the SO of an architect is rough, as they seem to always be at the mercy of their clients. My FI is an architect, and he owns an architecture firm, so I understand that sometimes (okay, a LOT of times) they can get wrapped up in their projects/clients/deadlines and neglect all things personal. FI has never totally missed my birthday, but that is only because his mother is great with dates and makes a big deal about my birthday. There have been a few years where he didn''t get me a gift, which isn''t really a huge deal, but something small would have been nice....card, flowers, something.

However, architect or not, it is unacceptable. I think that when you tell him, he will be so sorry he was so absent-minded and this will never happen again. Give him the chance to do something great to make it up to you.

Let us know what happens.

Annndddd......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANDIE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
AND MANY MOOOOOOOORE!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AndieRN13

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone, you''re all so sweet =) *group hug, yayyyyyy*

Sooooooooo, I need to tell you what JUST HAPPENED!

Turns out he called again... but my 4 years old cousin picked phone up [ family''s here for my bday and Easter ]. So, she picked up phone and said " Uncle Jeff, why didn''t u come here yesterday to eat cake with Andrea? And why you didn''t get her a present? I got her a dress, when are u going to give her your present?" At this point, my mother and I were laughing out loud and she handed me the phone " here Andrea, talk to uncle Jeff because I wanna watch Backyardigans"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Needless to say , we have a winner for flower girl LOL

Of course I was giggling and he just said in a very sad tone " I think I forgot something important, honey" to what I replied " oh you bet you did". So, you know what happened next . Millions of " I''m so sorry" , " I''ll make it up to you, just wait and see " and all that jazz.

Let''s wait and see what he''ll plan
31.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:24:02 PM
Author: AndieRN13

Turns out he called again... but my 4 years old cousin picked phone up [ family''s here for my bday and Easter ]. So, she picked up phone and said '' Uncle Jeff, why didn''t u come here yesterday to eat cake with Andrea? And why you didn''t get her a present? I got her a dress, when are u going to give her your present?'' At this point, my mother and I were laughing out loud and she handed me the phone '' here Andrea, talk to uncle Jeff because I wanna watch Backyardigans''
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Of course I was giggling and he just said in a very sad tone '' I think I forgot something important, honey'' to what I replied '' oh you bet you did''. So, you know what happened next . Millions of '' I''m so sorry'' , '' I''ll make it up to you, just wait and see '' and all that jazz.

31.gif
Aw sounds like great news! I''m sure he''ll plan something special :)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Heehee, your cousin gets an extra slice of cake just for that!!
36.gif
I personally would let him know that I''m enjoying the sound of "I''m sorry"''s and have fun making him suffer.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Turns out he called again... but my 4 years old cousin picked phone up [ family''s here for my bday and Easter ]. So, she picked up phone and said '' Uncle Jeff, why didn''t u come here yesterday to eat cake with Andrea? And why you didn''t get her a present? I got her a dress, when are u going to give her your present?'' At this point, my mother and I were laughing out loud and she handed me the phone '' here Andrea, talk to uncle Jeff because I wanna watch Backyardigans''
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Of course I was giggling and he just said in a very sad tone '' I think I forgot something important, honey'' to what I replied '' oh you bet you did''. So, you know what happened next . Millions of '' I''m so sorry'' , '' I''ll make it up to you, just wait and see '' and all that jazz.

31.gif
ok I think that was the perfect way for him to find out, your cousin is adorable. And I''m sure he will do a great job of making it up to you!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

31.gif

Thank goodness for cute 4 year old cousins!
2.gif
I hope the BF comes through, and does something spectacular for your special day!

Happy Birthday!
9.gif

AndieRN13

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:30:49 PM
Author: choro72
Heehee, your cousin gets an extra slice of cake just for that!!
36.gif
I personally would let him know that I''m enjoying the sound of ''I''m sorry''''s and have fun making him suffer.

he he I''ll remember that
27.gif

AndieRN13

Rough_Rock
It''s interesting because I''m a nurse and generally he complains about my shifts and how sometimes I need to work 24 hours.- no, I am not Jack Bauer-

He''s having a terrible time with this project. The other day he went to bed at 2 AM and couldn''t sleep so I woke up, we talked about how he''s feeling about his job and this particular project. I just tell him to slow down and think more about his health because if something happens I won''t be able to help ''cause I am a peds nurse and never liked to work with adults =)
2.gif

Date: 4/11/2009 1:08:33 PM
Author: littlemissbliss

Be the SO of an architect is rough, as they seem to always be at the mercy of their clients. My FI is an architect, and he owns an architecture firm, so I understand that sometimes (okay, a LOT of times) they can get wrapped up in their projects/clients/deadlines and neglect all things personal. FI has never totally missed my birthday, but that is only because his mother is great with dates and makes a big deal about my birthday. There have been a few years where he didn''t get me a gift, which isn''t really a huge deal, but something small would have been nice....card, flowers, something.

However, architect or not, it is unacceptable. I think that when you tell him, he will be so sorry he was so absent-minded and this will never happen again. Give him the chance to do something great to make it up to you.

Annndddd......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

AND MANY MOOOOOOOORE!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think he sounds like he gets that he screwed up. Hopefully he''ll plan something extra-special (maybe even sparkly
31.gif
) to make it up to you
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

31.gif
PRICELESS!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
aw, well it sounds like your niece saved his hiney!

happy belated birthday!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Horay for cousins! I think she deserves a present from him too! Hope the make-up gift is fabulous!

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 2:44:32 PM
It''s interesting because I''m a nurse and generally he complains about my shifts and how sometimes I need to work 24 hours.- no, I am not Jack Bauer-

He''s having a terrible time with this project. The other day he went to bed at 2 AM and couldn''t sleep so I woke up, we talked about how he''s feeling about his job and this particular project. I just tell him to slow down and think more about his health because if something happens I won''t be able to help ''cause I am a peds nurse and never liked to work with adults =)
2.gif

Date: 4/11/2009 1:08:33 PM

Author: littlemissbliss

Annndddd......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

AND MANY MOOOOOOOORE!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes yes yes....this all sounds very familiar
27.gif

Never in a million years would I have guessed that being an architect is so stressful! My FMIL (FFIL is an architect too) tells me on a regular basis that the wife of an architect needs a lot of friends or she will be a lonely woman. Not sure if I am willing to accept that or not -- I have been known to stomp my feet and put on my pout face when I want some "quality time."

I am happy that he knows he missed your birthday -- I am sure he be will doing something awesome to make it up to you! Tell him diamonds are a good start
9.gif
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet way for that whole debacle to end!! I hope he does something EXTRA nice for you!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh! I'm so angry for you!
29.gif
All I can say is maybe after he realizes what he did, he'll do something amazingly sweet...like giving you something sparkly as a peace offering.

In any case, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and (((((HUGS)))))

Edited: I just read your last post...gotta love kids and their bluntness! Let us know how he made it up to you!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Happy Birthday! I''m glad he remembered later. Does anyone remember that line from the movie "16 candles"?

It goes something like "reminding them and guilting them into a gift could be highly profitable..."
2.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
You should tell him he forgot your birthday - by all means make a joke out of it, and take the pi** out of him - tear strips off him with a smile on your face if you like - but don't get all heavy and nasty - he'll feel bad enough about it as it is!
It's passive-aggressive NOT to say something about it!!

Oh, haha I see your niece solved the problem, very good!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results