shape
carat
color
clarity

He bought a ring!

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I don't even know where to post this, and I had to tell someone, because no one else knows, and I don't want them to, not until he actually proposes anyways. Here's the stats and then I will give you the story.

1.4 ct RB Tiffany & Co Solitaire, H VS2 Ex/Ex/Ex

EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bare with me here,
LIke most of you here, I am obcessed with diamonds and I have been showing my BF different styles for about 2 years now, maybe more. We hadn't been living in the same country for those two years, so I know there wouldn't be a proposal anytime soon.
So I started hating simple solitaires. I just thought I would want something more fun, more blingy. I love three stones, and both BF and I fell in love with the Novo years ago. My BF and I finally live in the same place (5 years later), and we have been going ring shopping every week for the last 5 months. I'm very picky, and I BF knows that so he is let me choose. I thought it was very important to me that he really loves the ring too. At first, I was convinced I wanted an old cut diamonds. BUt he didn't think it shined enough. Then we went for a cushion possibly in a tapered baggette style (I saw a client where one, it was AMAZING). Problem was, the size diamonds we were looking at faced up soooo small.... it bugged me. I think in order to get a ring like my client's amzing one, I would have to get one somewhere around 3-4 ct and we can't afford that. Then We fell in love with the idea of a 3 stone oval. We found one that had a 1.5 ct pink diamond in the center. I was amazing except that it was around 95K. So then we went in search for a 3 stone oval in just white diamonds when we fell in love with a pear with a halo. But then looking for a pear with he right proportions and minimal bowtie gave me an ulcer, practically. But it was our favorite. We went into that store three times and loved it every time.

THEN......I went to an antque market and there was a 0.79 ct OEC that faced up 1 ct but was suer sparkley and very affordable. I showed him and he loved it too. We drove straight to the place with the pear and halo and immediately decided we didn't like it as much anymore. The OEC was still in our heads. We went to the mall and walked into tiffany's. We wanted to see how this 0.79 ct OEC compared to a modern RB. I tried on the solitaire at tiffany's and we were hooked. I couldn't believe it. All this time, I didn't want a solitaire, and here we are, i love with the solitaire. We even tried on the NOVO again, but we still loved the solitaire much more. We had the sales lady bring in some more in our budget and the size diamond we wanted ( he was the one who kept saying let's go bigger!!!). And then we found THE ONE.

I am so glad we didn't get the three stone or the halo pear or anything else. There is just something timeless about the simple solitaire and I'm glad we put the money into a bigger center stone. I very likely could have gotten an even bigger one from PS vendors for the same money but I am happy with Tiffany's. I have always been in love with that store....very Breakfast at Tiffany's feel everytime I walk in.

No lectures on the Tiffany thing please, let me gloat.....and the waiting begins.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Why would anyone lecture you? If you're happy, then that's all that matters! Congratulations on the big leap and best wishes for a beautiful future!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
How exciting!! I'm glad you found THE ONE :appl: it can be a long & drawn out process!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
That's quite a trek! Congratulations! Good luck on your wait, at least you know you'll getting the absolute perfect man and ring for you! :D
Solitaires are truly classic :)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
great news :appl: cant wait for your SMTB thread, a tiffs ring always deserves a detailed photo shoot incorporating packing etc :bigsmile:

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Haha,
I've already told BF to prepare his DLSR....granted, he bought me a tiffany's DBTY diamond necklace a few weeks ago for our anniversary and we haven't posted, but this one will be a must....no worries!!!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!! I love Tiffany's. Can you get a picture of it to post?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
No lectures here: we are ready to drool over pics of your gorgeous ring! Your story sounds wonderfully romantic, and it sounds like you're both happy with what you got--it doesn't get much better than that!

Please please post pics of your DBTY, too! I love that whole line at Tiff's.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
No lectures here!!

Just big congrats! Tiffany's rings (drool) are lovely and I also fell in love with their solitaires years ago- classic and timeless!! Congrats and let us know when he proposes!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! I think, no matter how much people say 'oh tiffany's, overpriced' they would still LOVE to have one. Nothing beat the charm and eternal elegance of a tiffany's engagement ring.

I one uttered the words, 'tiffany's is cruddy' but never got to say the second half of the sentence 'because you pay for the name more than the stone.' I was in horror of what he had heard for nearly 5 months and finally i got to explain it away recently when we went into a tiffany's ad he was like, 'but they are so much brighter than the others?' PHEW, got to say they are only kinda cruddy because they are so expensive, because it is tiffany's. Dodged a bullet there, I'm secretly hoping for one because his uncle is a jewelry designer for them and I couldn't ever forgive myself if i sealed my fate with one half of a sentence. :roll:

whoa that was a lot longer than I thought, congrats congrats congrats, I want to see the photos!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results