shape
carat
color
clarity

He asked my mom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
My mom me called today in a state of shock
emdgust.gif
(happy shock). She said that was sitting in the kitchen with her coat on still on. My BF called her a few days ago and asked her to meet him for coffee. My mom told me that he showed her pictures of us for about an hour and told her many stories about us. Then he took her hand and placed it on his lap and asked her for her blessing for our marriage. My mom said that he told her that he couldn''t imagine life without me (and a bunch of other sweet things that have had me in tears for the past 2 hours/idealbb/editor/cute/images/emcry.gif). My mom said that she cried for about 30 minutes in Starbucks (If could have only been a fly on the wall today).

Anyways I wanted to share my excitement (and happiness
emteeth.gif
) with you all............................thanks for reading.

I am soooo in love
30.gif
, and I am so excited
36.gif

LL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a delightful read--very heartwarming and exciting!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How very sweet and wonderful! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Great news luvinlife! Are you glad your mom shared? Did you know this was coming and just weren''t sure when? I hope that''s the case!!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
KimberlyH-

I knew that the talk was coming, I just didn't know when. Coming for a Spanish family IT IS sacreligious not to ask for the mom or dad's blessing for your future engagement (and wedding). And YES, I am glad that my mom told me. She told me that she asked my BF is he wanted me to know and he said yes. And I am glad he said yes, I am sure a secret like that would have been a tough one for my mom to keep.

I feel like our plans are definetly moving forward, and it feels so great!

:)

LL

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, that is so sweet! Congratulations! Now let the excruciating wait begin!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Sounds exciting. Hopefully you won''t have to wait too long!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luvinlife, that is SO sweet, such a great story for the grandkids! (well, and YOUR kids, of course!) I bet you are beside yourself with anticipation right now....ENJOY!

Congratulations in advance on your engagement--can''t wait to hear the rest of the (supersweet) story and see ring pics! Best wishes!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 11:45:44 PM
Author: luvinlife
KimberlyH-

I knew that the talk was coming, I just didn''t know when. Coming for a Spanish family IT IS sacreligious not to ask for the mom or dad''s blessing for your future engagement (and wedding). And YES, I am glad that my mom told me. She told me that she asked my BF is he wanted me to know and he said yes. And I am glad he said yes, I am sure a secret like that would have been a tough one for my mom to keep.

I feel like our plans are definetly moving forward, and it feels so great!

:)

LL

YAY YAY YAY!! My sister has a habit of telling me things I''m not supposed to know and I was so hoping that wasn''t the same case with your mom. It is a tough secret to keep, I''m sure she''s thrilled for you.

Congratulations and I''m so glad things are headed in the right direction. Can''t wait to see the ring.

1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a beautiful story, you fiancé-to-be is so sweet!!
9.gif

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
and today he told his parents.......I wish he would hurry up and call me back so I can share that story with you.......
emteeth.gif

PS: Happy Thanksgiving, Ladies (and the few brave gentlemen who chime in once in a while)

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! I''m happy for you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Happy Saturday.

It''s me again, with some more details. He told his parents about our upcoming plans on Thanksgiving. He said that his mom just kept saying I knew it. The next question she asked him was who his best man was going to be (too cute, his mom!
1.gif
). He also met his parents for dinner yesterday, he said they didn''t ask him many questions but he kept seeing his mom and dad smirking. My Babe is an only child so I am imagine this news is hitting them a little harder that my mom (since my brother has been married 2x...ect).

Anyways, I thought I would share the update.

I feel like I am floating on a cloud

I told my sweetie, that the only one who is left to be shocked is me. He just laughed.

LL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results