shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA vs Idealscope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
Does the HCA correlate exactly with the Ideal-scope? So far, I have seen four diamonds with the Ideal-Scope and they all seem to correlate with the performance numbers from the HCA. Has anyone found this to be otherwise???

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
Also, regarding the calibration CZ stone that comes with the Ideal-Scope kit... how well would it score on the HCA?

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond's 1.2 HCA correlated with the Idealscope very cool light return, and also confirmed that my previous diamond was not as good. Also my earrings that I have had for 15 years performed great, and they always seemed to sparkle a lot more than the average.
10.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, the calibration CZ that I got pretty much didn't look as good.
8.gif
I think I just got a dud, so make sure that you compare the picture that you get to the actual look of the CZ before deciding that a good diamond should look that way! I looked at about 20 stones before I got a good feel for how a great diamond should look.
10.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope your cZ was not a dud - we try to QC them and they are the best commercially available stones we can buy.

There is a correlation between the 2 systems because I used the ideal-scope as a part of the HCA system.
All the workings etc are explained very fully in www.diamond-cut.com.au so there are absolutely no secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results