shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA vs. BrillianceScope

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by VampireX02, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. VampireX02
    Rough_Rock

by VampireX02 » Mar 7, 2002
    I just saw something else that I thought was interest. The BrillianceScope report. Which looks like little sliders from a computer program (probably a screen shot). It included everything the HCA has except spread.

How does the HCA compare to the BrillianceScope. Is it the same basic idea?

What I most liked about the BrillianceScope is that it was a graphic representation of where in the "very good" range the dispersion fell for instance.

When you run the HCA..you might get "Good", "Very Good", "Excellent", etc as a result for each of the 4 elements and then a final numberical rating for the overall stone.

Is there a way to get the breakdown of that number? Like where each of the 4 element rate individually as numerical data instead of words?

Would be really awesome.

2. Garry H (Cut Nut)
    Super_Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Garry H (Cut Nut) » Mar 7, 2002
    Hi Vamp,
    Good question – we decided not to do this because people (some) get a bit a-retentive with data and really they should be using HCA as a preselector and then relying on their eyes and / or those of an expert independent appraiser.
    Garry

3. oldminer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by oldminer » Mar 8, 2002
    The BScope show "results" from putting a stone in it. The HCA is way more portable as it is a "Predictor" of the light performance. You don't have to have the stone physically to use the HCA for the result.

Likely as not, they both would give similar end products. One is a large device and costs a lot of money. One is a program and can be run for no cost, not even shipping expense.

I suppose one might develop a preference for one of these over the other. I could understand why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.