shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Trouble . . . Please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rumma62

Rough_Rock
Hey all, this is my first post, although I have been lurking for some time. I''m looking at the following diamond:

0.74 E VS1 AGS000
5.8 x 5.82 x 3.61
Table % - 53.4
Depth % - 62.1
Crown Angle - 34.6
Pavillion Angle - 40.3
Culet - pointed
Girdle - 1.4-3.9

So, when I put it through the HCA, I get E, E, E, VG but the funny thing is that the "X" falls way outside the white AGS0 candidates and even outside the green GIA excellent line. Yet, I have seen the certificate and it definetely says AGS000. Also, I have run the specs through the AGA "old" cut standards tool and it comes out as 1A.

So my question is; is this still a good diamond?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
for a ring.. no
for a pendant .. yes

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGS data on the chart is from a cutters guideline they published - but it is possible to get AGS 0 outside those advisory proportions.

You can read more about what Storm is advising by entering the data again and reading the link that comes up after the results.

Personally I find diamonds with those proportions are in the range where a lot of people like them for rings too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results