shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Tool Free Check Limit

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I tried to use the HCA Tool today and it says I already used my 3 lookups and need to pay to get more.

It’s been awhile now since I’ve used it. How does that work now? I could have sworn I used to get like 3 free a day. Have they changed it? Do we only get 3 a month or maybe 3 a lifetime now? Does it matter if you’re logged into Pricescope or not? I thought this would be explained somewhere on the tool instructions, but I can’t find it. I apologize if I just missed seeing it. I’m on a mobile phone instead of my laptop, so that may make a difference.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. I can’t remember the last time I used HCA... but this page just let me do five lookups in a row: (iOS, Safari, logged into PS)

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca?

So frustrating. I followed your link, but still get a popup saying I’ve reached my limit and need to choose a payment option. I don’t have my laptop right now to try it on it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah. Yes, you have as many lookups as you like... within your browser session, assuming that session runs one of your first three attempts. I just evicted my latest session, and I get the popup you describe.
@Garry H (Cut Nut) don't know if that lack of limit enforcement is an oversight or by design (ie. only so much over-use a consumer can get before the client flushes session anyway).

Garry is also the best person to address HCA usage limits. I don't see anything on the page or the dialogue that answers your question, which I'm sure others will have - the tool documentation should include this information.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Facing the same problem too...

Can anyone pls help to check the HCA for these specs?

Depth - 61.4
Table 56
34/40.8 angles

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facing the same problem too...

Can anyone pls help to check the HCA for these specs?

Depth - 61.4
Table 56
34/40.8 angles

Looking at proportions I knew it would perform well. Here is a screen cap of the HCA and also potential cut, based on AGS proportions chart.

Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG
Capture.PNG

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Looking at proportions I knew it would perform well. Here is a screen cap of the HCA and also potential cut, based on AGS proportions chart.

Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG
Capture.PNG

Thank you!!

Argh, I really want it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!

Argh, I really want it.

No problem. Glad I could help. :cool2:

Hey @Swirl68, if you post your proportions I am happy to help you as well. ;)2

FYI, I've tried to "break" the HCA tool. I've logged out and back in 4-5x, jumped browsers and devices and this is the only error screen I get.

Capture2.PNG

It isn't problematic. It's just a warning. And I can continue to pull HCA results.

Now if I log out of PS, and then try to grab an HCA result, I am presented with the following error screen:

Capture.PNG

On a positive note, it appears that Garry fixed the page so you can now TAB through all the value fields. Previously, it wouldn't tab to pavilion and instead take you directly to the Go button. So annoying. I know @rockysalamander and I talked about this in another HCA tool discussion similar to this one.

Kensington

Rough_Rock
Sorry to bump this, but I keep getting the error message even though I haven't ran numbers in the HCA Tool for months now. :( I thought I would get at least a couple more in all that time, but I guess not.

Could anyone run these for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Depth: 60.3%
Table: 58.0%
Crown: 35.0°
Pavilion: 40.4°

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to bump this, but I keep getting the error message even though I haven't ran numbers in the HCA Tool for months now. :( I thought I would get at least a couple more in all that time, but I guess not.

HCA score = .7

If you want advice about specific stones I'd suggest starting a new thread bc it'll get more traction.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Screen caps below.

Capture.PNG

FYI, although this stone scores < 2 on the HCA, I am still worried about it having issues. Not sure where you are purchasing but I'd be sure to request an idealscope and/or ASET image and post back here so we can help you analyze it. My concern is you are going to have some leakage because of the proportions.

The 58 table is on the upper end of the ideal range. I like the 35 crown, but am worried the 40.4 pavilion is too shallow.

Using the reported values, it appears this stone would hit EX (excellent) as evidenced by the black box. However, trying to take into account GIA rounding & averaging the blue box gives us a more realistic range of where the cut could fall under the AGS proportions chart.

Looks like there is only about 33% chance of it being ideal, which is where you want to be.

Capture3.PNG

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

With the 40.4 pavilion its not a great stone for a ring but could be fine in a pendant or earring.

Kensington

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much @lovedogs @sledge and @Karl_K ! Really appreciate your time.

There weren’t any images at all available on it yet and I was wondering if it was one even worth pursuing. I’m still poking around and this might make the shortlist. If I get Idealscopes/ASETs I’ll start a new thread with them. Thanks again!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I actually pay for the calculator ... I think the developer should get a dime. Pretty sure it’s copyrighted.
But ... I’m a nerd.

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
I also hit my 3 search limit a year or so ago. :cry2:

It’s hard because I’m helping a friend look at stones. But it’s a bit pricey if you pay for it considering we have looked at over 30 GIA reports.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results