shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA scores- is slightly above a 2 good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snappy

Rough_Rock
Is a score of 2.6 on the HCA good? Do you think there is a noticable difference between a score of 2.6 and a score under 2 on the HCA?
The stone i am interested in scored excellent on brilliance, good on scintillation, good on fire, and very good on spread. I would love your thoughts.
Thanks!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I think I probably would. The diamond that scored Ex/G/G/Vg, will show well for white light return, have an appropriate visual size, with less sparkle and fire. Most diamonds with a score under 2 rate Ex/Ex/Ex/VG.

While any person may not see a significant difference between Ex and VG, I think a Good rating vs an Excellent rating would indicate an obvious performance difference. Speaking in terms of a side by side comparison.

Just remember, as Garry Holloway is so fond of saying, "Brilliance is the enemy of Fire." If you love white light return with less fire and scintillation, such a diamond may be a good choice for you if the diamond is "priced is right".
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results