shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA score?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guyspy

Rough_Rock
Can someone please get the HCA score of this rock for me? Of if you can tell me how to get it myself that would be great. What''s a good score.

GIA

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
On your link to the report, in your viewer, you should have a square with 4 arrows pointing to the corners. Hit that, it will magnify and make readable your report.

Grab the data (table, depth, crown & pavilion angles to populate this (found under tools at the upper right).

Over 2 (up towards even 3) can be OK...if you know certain info about it. But, unless you know if has fine optical symmetry...the pavilion angle puts this close to a border of being bad. And...since GIA rounds, unless you know it''s not bad, I''d probably pass. (Based on inputting 62, 56, 35 & 41).

guyspy

Rough_Rock
Thanks. You guys are pros. I found one with a 0.9 score in my price range.

My last question. Is it worth paying $600 more to jump from an H in color to a G? I''m already pushing the budget but I don''t want to kick myself for the rest of my life if I see brown in the diamond.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 5:21:07 PM
Author: guyspy
Thanks. You guys are pros. I found one with a 0.9 score in my price range.

My last question. Is it worth paying $600 more to jump from an H in color to a G? I''m already pushing the budget but I don''t want to kick myself for the rest of my life if I see brown in the diamond.
Not for me, it is not worth it, H is colorless enough for me. Just my opinion.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
In that size I suspect an H will be just fine. Some people are more sensitive to color than others so I would recommend going to a local store that carries stones with GIA or AGS reports and look at those to get an idea how sensitive you are (just in case). If you are an average person an H should be just fine. Blue nile has a great return period so if you get it and worst comes to worst you can always return it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2008 10:57:17 PM
Author: :)
In that size I suspect an H will be just fine. Some people are more sensitive to color than others so I would recommend going to a local store that carries stones with GIA or AGS reports and look at those to get an idea how sensitive you are (just in case). If you are an average person an H should be just fine. Blue nile has a great return period so if you get it and worst comes to worst you can always return it.
Ditto

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 4:28:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 10/20/2008 10:57:17 PM
Author: :)
Ditto
Ditto...if you visit a store and see G, H I colour in person. when set in a ring..you might find that even an I is acceptable if you find that you are already straining your budget. Tiffany for example sells D to I colour, Cartier sells D to H colour and there are plenty of PS that have J colour too. The key parameter on which to make no compromise is the quality of the cut. A well cut diamond not only sparkles more, it looks bigger and it looks whiter face up!

guyspy

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. The rock is now completely mind clean to me which is maybe the most important aspect of any rock. I really appreciate everyone''s help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results