shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA score..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Hello all:

I am looking at this stone frm one of the online vendors and here are the specs:

Depth 62%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 34.1
Pavilion Angle 41.0

WHen i entered these into HCA I got EX,VG,VG,VG (1.5) and when i change the pav angle to 40.9 HCA is changed to EX,EX,EX,VG (1.3). I''m just surprised that a .1 diff change change the score this much. Should I not buy the stone because it doesn''t have the 40.9 angle? Please let me know how much weight I should give to this? The price of the stone listed above is $1573 and it''s a H SI1.

Thanks!
Sandhya.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sandya.

The HCA penalizes stones slightly for 41 pav angles.

It doesn't mean the stone will visibly perform less than a pav angle that is 40.9 and with those numbers, the stone will still be amazing.

But once you get past 40.9 in terms of pav angles, the symmetry of the stone is usually compromised slightly. I wouldn't worry...though if you want to keep looking, a tighter angle range is more along the lines of 34.4-34.8 for crown and 40.5-40.8 for pavilion. Though everyone has a slightly differing opinion.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results