shape
carat
color
clarity

hca says if the price is right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
Thoughts on this??? Score a 2.4 on HCA, "very good, worth buying if the price is right."

RB - 2.03
J
VS2
depth 61.0
table 58.0
pav depth % 44.0
crown angle - 32.0 degrees

Price - $13720.00

Wondering if the price is right.... from the searches that I did, it looks about right, just wondering what everyone here thinks. One of my colleagues is getting his wife an upgrade, and he and I are kind of working together, trying to find some good choices. He''s planning on a yellow gold setting (not a preference of mine, but then again, it''s not gonna be my ring!), so I''m interested if you think that the "J" will be OK and not show too much color.

Thanks and Happy Friday!!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you see this in person, or get an idealscope image?
or maybe she just wants size and any expense (?)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Like Belle mentioned...an Idealscope would probably help for this sort of eval.

Also, you didn''t mention what cert.

But, based on the given, three things:

a) a newer HCA scale may well include 2.5 and on down for excellent
b) I think closer to one may be a bit better, within that, to 2+, but...since the info is based on hand waving and averaged angles, it''s not clear I''m right on that.
c) see this about BICs. If your friend is looking for a mix of size & quality...there''s your man...(since the crown angle makes this so). Otherwise, you might look instead for a TIC or FIC if the focus is more quality.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply. We haven''t seen it in person, and don''t have an ideal scope image. (I need to search on this later, to learn more about ideal scope, etc.) He is working off of a GIA report on this stone. I think that he was looking for a good balance of size and quality, something that is a looker, without breaking the bank. Being still a newbie, I''m learning so much here and really appreciate this resource - everyone on this board is great - and so helpful! Do you think that just based on the info that we have, this may turn out to be a good choice for him, or should we keep looking. I know that his anniv. is coming up relatively soon. He was planning to hit the B&M stores last weekend, and at least I talked him out of that!!!!

Thanks!
face23.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 9:51:24 AM
Author: Margarw
Thanks for the quick reply. We haven''t seen it in person, and don''t have an ideal scope image. (I need to search on this later, to learn more about ideal scope, etc.) He is working off of a GIA report on this stone. I think that he was looking for a good balance of size and quality, something that is a looker, without breaking the bank. Being still a newbie, I''m learning so much here and really appreciate this resource - everyone on this board is great - and so helpful! Do you think that just based on the info that we have, this may turn out to be a good choice for him, or should we keep looking. I know that his anniv. is coming up relatively soon. He was planning to hit the B&M stores last weekend, and at least I talked him out of that!!!!

Thanks!
face23.gif
it''s hard to say what might be a good choice for him. hopefully he can get out and see many, many diamonds and compare apples to apples to see what is important to him.
even though i think hof are terribly overpriced, it would be a good idea to go to a local dealer and check them out. they are the closest representation of the kind of quality we look for around here that is easily accessable.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
I''ll share something with you all, I find it kind of comical.......

Just a little while ago I met my colleagues wife (the one who may be getting the upgrade). Apparently she "noticed" my adornment! I''m wearing my 3 stone (1.5 center, with .6 on each side) and a 2ct OMC solitaire (family piece). Colleague had lunch with wife. Colleague returns from lunch and tells me that he''s decided not to upgrade for their anniversary, but maybe he''d take her to Europe instead. Seems they got into a discussion about me, and diamonds and she said something about there being no point in spending money on something that sits in a jewlery box and never gets worn and something along of the lines of 2 c being way too big and that she''d never want anything bigger than the 1c that she has now. Apparently she''s not one of the "if you''ve got it, wear it and enjoy it" types like I am.

I almost talked him into a costly mistake. Yikes..a woman who wouldn''t want a larger ring now that''s a concept I''ll never understand. I bet my husband wishes I was more like her. If it was me, I''d take the upgrade AND the vacation! To each his own, I guess!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 1:19:12 PM
Author: Margarw
I''ll share something with you all, I find it kind of comical.......

Just a little while ago I met my colleagues wife (the one who may be getting the upgrade). Apparently she ''noticed'' my adornment! I''m wearing my 3 stone (1.5 center, with .6 on each side) and a 2ct OMC solitaire (family piece). Colleague had lunch with wife. Colleague returns from lunch and tells me that he''s decided not to upgrade for their anniversary, but maybe he''d take her to Europe instead. Seems they got into a discussion about me, and diamonds and she said something about there being no point in spending money on something that sits in a jewlery box and never gets worn and something along of the lines of 2 c being way too big and that she''d never want anything bigger than the 1c that she has now. Apparently she''s not one of the ''if you''ve got it, wear it and enjoy it'' types like I am.

I almost talked him into a costly mistake. Yikes..a woman who wouldn''t want a larger ring now that''s a concept I''ll never understand. I bet my husband wishes I was more like her. If it was me, I''d take the upgrade AND the vacation! To each his own, I guess!
hehehehe....yeah...i just don''t understand!
37.gif
23.gif

at least we know she''ll be getting what she wants now.
2.gif
whew!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that interesting that this stone only has a ''good'' symm. From the photo it does not look off center or funny and I have seen those that do look funny.

Certainly would need to see this one in real life. Big size for lowish price though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results