shape
carat
color
clarity

hca question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
..been playing w/ the HCA - plugging in different numbers. I understand that angles are more accurate - but for the sake of argument - I'm using %

When I use the same crown % & pav. % and adjust the table & depth - the results are much better for smaller tables (57-58%) - the results are better w/ depth of 60%.

Why is that and what is the relationship to the crown/pav% & the table & depth.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
..still confused.

I plug in the same pav, depth & crown %
take the table from 59% to 58%

score of the 59% - 2.4
Score of the 58% - 1.7

Does the table make that much difference?

O.K. reread your tutorial - so those relationships have the most effect on Brilliance?

Will the look be significantly different?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
HI F&I, It is easy. :)

Firstly, HCA penalizes large tables size when it over 58% and 60%.

Secondly, HCA is based on the angles. When you enter %, the program calculates the angles based on simple trigonometric formulas.

Table size is used to calculate crown angle from crown height %. Therefore, when you change the table size with constant crown height you're getting a different crown angle!

Similar to table-crown relationship, accuracy of the culet size will also affect the final result when you’re using pavilion depth %.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results