shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 6:05:17 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Date: 4/23/2009 5:59:30 PM

Author: HornAround

the dimensions worry me a bit too.

5.94 x 6.15 x 3.70

compared too a

6.11 x 6.05 x 3.72 mm

Why are you worrying about the dimensions? What are the weight difference?

Because I''m a noob and I don''t know what I am doing. The reason I''m asking these questions is because I think I can save myself 400 dollars buying diamond B and canceling diamond A. I just wonder if the diamond will be up to par.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 6:17:15 PM
Date: 4/23/2009 6:05:17 PM

Date: 4/23/2009 5:59:30 PM

the dimensions worry me a bit too.
5.94 x 6.15 x 3.70
compared too a
6.11 x 6.05 x 3.72 mm

Why are you worrying about the dimensions? What are the weight difference?

Because I''m a noob and I don''t know what I am doing. The reason I''m asking these questions is because I think I can save myself 400 dollars buying diamond B and canceling diamond A. I just wonder if the diamond will be up to par.

Then give us the full picture. This isn''t helping us in understanding what you are worrying about. What are the $$, stats, everything. Telling us you are worrying about dimensions is like so what? A 5ct is definitely going to be bigger than a 0.83ct. It is up to you to decide what you want with the budget you have.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I''ll make it easier. Sorry if I''m being confusing, this is has been very tiresome and I don''t know how much more I can take. Lets recap, I have a diamond ordered. The wait time was long so I kept shopping to see if I could find better. Here is the diamond I ordered.

.83 Round Brilliant (6.11 x 6.05 x 3.72 mm)

Color - G
Clarity - VS2
Depth - 61.2
Table - 56
Crown - 34
Pavilion - 40.8
Girdle - thin to medium
Symmetry - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Fluorescence - none
HCA Score - 1

Here is the diamond I''m comparing it too (the one you''ve seen in the pictures)

.83 Round Brilliant (5.94 x 6.15 x 3.70)

Color - G
Clarity - VS2
Depth - 61.2
Table - 59
Crown - 34
Pavilion - 40.8
Girdle - slightly thick to thick
Symmetry - Excellent
Polish - very good
Fluorescence - faint
HCA Score - 1.5

What do you think?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
if pics of this one checks out it is a no-brainer for me...much better combo...

Color - G
Clarity - VS2
Depth - 61.2
Table - 56
Crown - 34
Pavilion - 40.8
Girdle - thin to medium
Symmetry - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Fluorescence - none
HCA Score - 1

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ya, no brainer, unless the IS image really mess up or a visible inclusion, keep to your original order. It has better stats, the new stone has a slightly thick to thick girdle which hides weight resulting in a smaller face up dimension. Unless you are concern of the cost difference of the two stone?

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 6:52:47 PM
ya, no brainer, unless the IS image really mess up or a visible inclusion, keep to your original order. It has better stats, the new stone has a slightly thick to thick girdle which hides weight resulting in a smaller face up dimension. Unless you are concern of the cost difference of the two stone?

Since I''ve already committed to a certain amount the money is not that big a factor. I just want the best bang for my buck. The price difference is 400 dollars. Judging from some of the responses it looks as if the diamond is worth that extra cash.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 6:44:48 PM
Author: strmrdr
if pics of this one checks out it is a no-brainer for me...much better combo...

Color - G
Clarity - VS2
Depth - 61.2
Table - 56
Crown - 34
Pavilion - 40.8
Girdle - thin to medium
Symmetry - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Fluorescence - none
HCA Score - 1
Ditto. Also don''t worry about asking questions Horn, I do understand how difficult this can be sometimes so ask away if you aren''t sure of something. We are here to help in any way possible
35.gif

Ditto storm, the above diamond is the easy pick.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
You have been very helpful Lorelie, as well as stone cold and many others. Now I have another question. I''ve been really wary of SI2 diamonds but I found one that might be clean to the naked eye. What do you think?

.81 Hearts and Arrows Si2.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again you would need to check with the vendor if the diamond is eyeclean, also check what the grade making inclusion is - in other words what inclusion makes this diamond a SI2. If the clarity is based on clouds then sometimes in SI grades they can cause a lack of brilliance. However the comment clouds not shown or additional clouds not shown in the comments section of the report is not of concern.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 4:03:43 PM
Author: Lorelei
Again you would need to check with the vendor if the diamond is eyeclean, also check what the grade making inclusion is - in other words what inclusion makes this diamond a SI2. If the clarity is based on clouds then sometimes in SI grades they can cause a lack of brilliance. However the comment clouds not shown or additional clouds not shown in the comments section of the report is not of concern.

The AGS report says clouds and surface graining now shown.
33.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
A quick glance shows that there is actually a large feather on the 1-2 o'clock, near the girdle, probably the cause for the grade. That might be visible or might not. Do you have the report link? I would like to see the clarity plot of it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 4:07:54 PM

Date: 4/24/2009 4:03:43 PM
Author: Lorelei

The AGS report says clouds and surface graining now shown.
33.gif
If not shown then not an issue for clouds or surface graining , it might be if clouds are actually marked on the plotting diagram as grade makers - the reason the diamond is SI2. If you could post the diamond grading report then I can check it over for you, but you can't tell if a diamond will be eyeclean from that either.

Really the only way to tell if it is eyeclean is to check with the vendor, otherwise it is just pure speculation from a photo. This is something that is in reality around the size of a pencil eraser to give you an idea of scale. I am pretty sure who the vendor is with this diamond, they will be completely honest with you and will be glad to help and be able to tell you if this diamond is eyeclean or not, give them a call!

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 4:08:00 PM
A quick glance shows that there is actually a large feather on the 1-2 o''clock, near the girdle, probably the cause for the grade. That might be visible or might not. Do you have the report link? I would like to see the clarity plot of it.

link

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feather is the grade setter but there is a cloud plotted so you will need to check with JA that it isn''t interfering with brilliance in any way, or that the feather is surface reaching.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
That was my main concern. I know the picture isn''t the greatest sign but it sure does look cloudy from what I can see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 4:40:00 PM
That was my main concern. I know the picture isn't the greatest sign but it sure does look cloudy from what I can see.
Don't go by the pic, JA's diamonds often look this way in the photos. Give them a call or email and ask them about the diamond, that is the only way you will know for sure if it is eyeclean and if the cloud or feather are of concern, otherwise we are just guessing.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
based on its impact on the light return in the IS I would bet it is eye visible.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

B201012id.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/24/2009 4:48:53 PM
Author: strmrdr
based on its impact on the light return in the IS I would bet it is eye visible.
Storm I would beg to differ.
The IdealScope can make feather inclusions look much worse or much better than they are.
It is 0.81ct - in a 1.2ct plus I think this would be eye visible, but when set if a prong is placed near the mark (good for protection too) then I would bet money not even a very sharp eyed person would see the feather.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results