shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA of 0.9, but doesn''t meet recommended numbers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmja07

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the previous help. The following diamond has an HCA of 0.9 (all excellent), but doesn''t quite meet the previously "recommended numbers" or cheat sheet. Starting to appreciate that this is not a perfect science!

Unfortunately, there is no Ideal-Scope available, but here are the specs:

CCCC: Round, F, VS1, 1.50
Measurements: 7.43 - 7.49 x 4.45
Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 59.6
Table: 59
Crown Angle: 34
Crown: 14.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion: 43%
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted

Pol: Excellent
Sym: Excellent
Flu: None
Cul: None

How should I proceed? Should I buy an Ideal-Scope before ordering this diamond? Anything else?

Thanks so much to everyone! This is the most valuable information I can receive while searching for a diamond.

:D

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this an online stone or from a brick store? They might have access to the scope, ask them?

mmja07

Rough_Rock
An online store . . . will definitely ask.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think this is what people here would call a 60/60 stone. It may very well be beautiful, just not what we''re used to seeing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to be a possibly very pretty 60/60 stone. It'll look a little different than the usual smaller tabled stones, but no less prettier if well cut. Since it's an online vendor, you should be able to request an idealscope picture.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2009 9:57:56 PM
Author:mmja07
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the previous help. The following diamond has an HCA of 0.9 (all excellent), but doesn''t quite meet the previously ''recommended numbers'' or cheat sheet. Starting to appreciate that this is not a perfect science!

Unfortunately, there is no Ideal-Scope available, but here are the specs:

CCCC: Round, F, VS1, 1.50
Measurements: 7.43 - 7.49 x 4.45
Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 59.6
Table: 59
Crown Angle: 34
Crown: 14.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion: 43%
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted

Pol: Excellent
Sym: Excellent
Flu: None
Cul: None

How should I proceed? Should I buy an Ideal-Scope before ordering this diamond? Anything else?

Thanks so much to everyone! This is the most valuable information I can receive while searching for a diamond.

:D
The dialogue box shows increasing darkness in a diamond with these proportions and a loser observer with a 6 inch 150mm head.
Read the message link that comes up after you do the HCA for more info

head obstruction for bordeline shallow.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results