shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA gemcutters?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dymonite

Rough_Rock
It seems that there are lot of people going to a lot of trouble, to cut very symmetrical diamonds with all their fancy gadgets, yet at the same time ignoring the current literature on ideal proportions.

I was in a store selling an (expensive & exclusive) branded diamonds. Apparently mined by an Aussie company an cut in Canada. I have to say that they were beautifully symmetrical. The brochure indicated their tolerances (roughly in the AGS 0 range). However, these ranges also included the No Go Zone of poor light return and would only score a 'good on the HCA.

My I- scope (and their special viewer) confirmed that they were beautifully symmetrical but still leaked some light in the centre.

It seems this is such a waste for so much meticulous effort on the cutters part - surely a company would do their homework before embarking on this project.

Anyhow, does anyone know of any cutters embracing the 'new' research? Or is it that they are aware but financially contrained to keep their finished product larger? For the branded stones - the markup for their labour should surely cover their weight losses.:errrr:

dymonite

Rough_Rock
I didn't think it was kosher to actually name the company but anyhow you guessed right.

Interesting about inside knowledge though - about where they are actually made :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results