shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA and ideal scope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinder

Rough_Rock
First of all,I just received my ideal scope, what a really neat tool it is. The best, not to mention a really fun $20.00 tool. All my friends are "viewing". I was playing around with the HCA today, and found something that really surprised me, if all dimensions are the same and I change my pavillion angle from 41.1 to 41.2, just that small 1/10 will change the performance from 1.7 excellent within TIC to 2.1 very good. Is that .1 percentage more or less important (visually) with larger stones? I hope this is an understandable question. I love the HCA and again the ideal scope is just what it says it is. Also a good coctail party toy! Thanks all
:wavey:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cinder,

Glad you found ideal-scope useful.

You are right, when pavilion angle becomes > 41°, HCA grade gets worse sharply because light leakage under the table becomes very strong (see DiamCalc simulations for 34.5° crown angle below).

pavilions.gif
[/u]

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will find that very tiny differences mean a great deal. The overly liberal approach to what makes an "ideal cut" diamond helps to sell stones, but does not serve to accuratly describe them. The Ideal-Scope is a powerful, inexpensive and objective little device that combined with good vision makes you know a whole lot about a diamond's cut quality.

A picture is worth a thousand words.... It holds true for the Ideal-Scope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results