shape
carat
color
clarity

Having second thoughts on my new pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I have already posted pictures of my JA damond. It is sparkly and great, but I feel I didn''t shop around enough for it.

I talked to James at Whiteflash for a total of at least an hour (I''m an insomniac so it works out great) tonight, and not only has he found me a great ACA stone, for less than what I paid, but he has a setting that is near identical to my dream setting I posted about a while back. The new stone, setting and a simple WG band (the e-ring setting is so busy I think a wedding band would take away from it) will bring me under budget by almost $200. The new stone is a .82 I SI1, and it got a 1 on the HCA scale, where as the JA stone got a 1.8.

Do you think I should do it? He will be sending me the idealscope, ASET, and Sarin report as well as any other pictures I can imagine or ask for. This stone is GIA cert and my current JA stone is IGI.

What would you do?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its up to you , if you are having second thoughts then go for it. Might be best to do it while you can and have the return period rather than leave it.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:56:46 AM
Author: Lorelei
Its up to you , if you are having second thoughts then go for it. Might be best to do it while you can and have the return period rather than leave it.

I ditto this. Gl

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree...otherwise you might be kicking yourself later.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, thritto, quadritto, whatever we''re on now.
3.gif

Your diamond is not something you want to have second thoughts on.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I definitely think that if you''re having second thoughts on the JA stone you should return it while you still can. There will always be another stone if the WF thing doesn''t work out but it sounds like WF has offered you a heck of a deal.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I also agree that if you have your doubts, now would be the time to act on it...before it''s too late.

I will also add that looking is kind of addicting so don''t be down if this happens again to you. The thrill of the chase is half the fun. Why do you think there are so many upgrades and setting changes on here? Get the perfect diamond and setting then STOP looking ;-)

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Act on your gut feelings. You may regret it later if you don''t!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Definitely agree with the others - while an HCA score under 2 is considered a keeper, as far as I know, if you aren''t mentally in love with the stone you have, and have the chance to return it and get something you think you''ll be happier with, 100% go for it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree with the others.

BUT just to clarify something, a score of 1.2 isn''t better than a 1.8, so don''t let that make your decision.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:09:15 AM
Author: neatfreak
Agree with the others.

BUT just to clarify something, a score of 1.2 isn''t better than a 1.8, so don''t let that make your decision.

Ditto this and above posters.

Sounds like a good deal too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 11:09:15 AM
Author: neatfreak
Agree with the others.

Absolutely thritto!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I say go for it if it''s really what you think will make you happy. If you have a ring that you aren''t happy with you will never like it and just over time you will get to were you will totally hate the ring. It does sound like WhiteFlash is offering you a terrific deal.... and if you are anything like me,,,, your done and thinking very seriously about going through with it... so just jump and do it... you will be much happier once you do!
emsmile.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely switch it. I have not looked at a JA diamond, but I have looked at a lot of other diamonds and I have not seen any that compared to an ACA. I am sure
there are many who would not agree. My ACA scored a .6 on the HCA and although I am sure that visually there isnt a difference, for me it is a mind thing. It is that way
from most of us I think. I am reluctant to trade up for one that scores higher. You have to find where that balance is for you, what feels good for the mind clean thing.
If your gut says go for the ACA then by all means go for it. I dont think you will regret it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just a thought that might also help - whiteflash has a great trade-up policy so that if such doubts creep in about their stone down the road, you are in a better place to do something about it and put those doubts to rest (i.e. trade in for another stone that catches your eye).

not sure of ja''s policy (tried to look now but didn''t work, if memory serves it is not quite as favorable). f it isn''t as favorable as wf''s you have less flexibility to deal with such doubts about your stone down the road.

i have been reading a lot of high praise lately for infinity''s stones..... if i were in the market right now i would definitely want to explore their options as well in an effort to exhaust all avenues and be sure i end up with a killer-leaves-no-doubt-i-got-a-great-one diamond.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Maisie-That first one is simply stunning! Way out of my price range though. I posted this in RT, but you all are so wonderful I will post this here too:

I have been waivering back and forth, should I return it for a WF stone, should I keep it and pray to find a gorgeous setting I can afford, etc.

Today I got my GIA appraisal done on the stone and OH. MY. GOODNESS.

This little beauty is a KEEPER.

It retails for $4000, it''s wholesale price is about $2350, and I paid....$1750.

The only discrepency between the IGI and my appraiser''s report was that the IGI said it was Mod Blue and he said Strong Blue, but it is a gorgeous strong blue fluor. I think I actually love it more!
Then I told him the issues I was having with the settings, and he recommended a place that I was trying to avoid. It was one of those places that had the cheesy tv commercials, and lame radio ads. I went in there, and sure enough they had the exact setting I was pretty much thinking I was going to have to have custom made. It would have to be the perfect compromise between my halo and Novo setting that I wanted. What is even better is that is came in waaaaay under my budget.

It should hopefully be set by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I did get it appraised for insurance, however I do know that my policy won''t go up a crazy amount since I have awesome coverage and got a quote even before I took it in today. Even my guy (many thanks to Tim Schuler) was astonished at the deal I got and said that he was going to have to take a look at JA.

Much thanks to everyone for your advice/support/putting up with my crazy tendencies for being an undecided perfectionist.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as you are happy thats the main thing!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh!

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
I would do whatever put my mind at ease. There is no cost too high to be happy and have peace-of-mind.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:22:53 AM
Author: makemepretty
I also agree that if you have your doubts, now would be the time to act on it...before it''s too late.

I will also add that looking is kind of addicting so don''t be down if this happens again to you. The thrill of the chase is half the fun. Why do you think there are so many upgrades and setting changes on here? Get the perfect diamond and setting then STOP looking ;-)
2nd. The more you click around on vendor sites AND on PS, the higher the chance you''ll again spot something else that catches your eye and you like better. At some point you just have to settle into the diamond/ring you love and enjoy it for the reasons you picked it out!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 6:48:24 AM
As long as you are happy thats the main thing!
Indeed!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results