shape
carat
color
clarity

Having my jeweler remake my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Since I''ve been engaged, I have been enamored with my diamond as it is absolutely gorgeous. However, the setting has been a different story.

I believe it began when I had to get my ring sized down. I have a princess in a platinum trellis setting. After I got it back, it looked like one arm was perfect, but the other had been attached slightly crooked. One side of the basket did not touch the diamond as the other three did. And one arm was more rounded than the other. I went back and forth with the jeweler, having him make small repairs to the prongs and such. The last time, I told him of the issues I was having. When I got it back, it looked like all he had done was straighten one of the prongs. FI says it''s my eagle eyes and to let it go. I have tried to let it go and I just can''t.

I''ve contacted him asking him to remake my ring. He was very gracious and is willing to do so. I am totally new to this process though. Does anyone have any tips on how to make this process as smooth as possible? I really want to communicate to him that I want the ring to be as close to perfect as possible. I don''t want to keep having to go back and getting these little things fixed!

Please offer any advice and/or support during this process! I''m so appreciative!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would just be up-front and honest with him about what you want and what you do/don''t like in your current ring. He can''t give you what you want unless you communicate it to him. I would even go so far as to have him do some drawings/CAD so you have it on paper and make sure to write things down somewhere he can refer to (and that you have reference to as well). That way you''re both on the same page and you have everything in writing should something else happen.

You''re very lucky to have a jeweler so willing to work with you. Sometimes trying to fix small things can lead to bigger problems. Good luck!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Hudson, I will definitely do that!

Does anyone know if he would be able take my current platinum setting and melt it down to make a new one?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
He should be able to, or at least take it and give you credit for the amount the setting is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results