shape
carat
color
clarity

Having fun with new alexandrite ring

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I've always heard alexandrites change from greenish blue or bluish green to reddish purple or pink, but it's been fun to see the stone change to many shades in between under varied light sources. Here I have tried to capture a few!

_36433.jpg

_36434.jpg

_36435.jpg

_36436.jpg

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Oops. One more (the greenest one).

_36437.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it nice when they have a pronounced color change? They are chameleons for sure!

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Very fun! :)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Great gem! I can't believe that color change. I have never seen an alex in real life. I love your ring, too, really pretty.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! Thank you for sharing! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexandrite is definitely a fun stone and yours looks fabulous in yellow gold!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.
What dimensions is your gorgeous Alexandrite?
What are the diamond sizes in mm?
Did you consider white gold?
I have a 7 X 5 (maybe a bit more) in a pendant mount. Had it well over 20 years and never got around to putting it in a ring.
Seeing yours has re- inspired me to keep it and put it in a similar style ring (rather than sell it!)
Thanks in advance for the "details"

amarelle

Rough_Rock
I love color changing stones! Those pics look great, awesome stone!!

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bron357!
My stone is 1.30 carats. The diamonds are .10 carats each, so it adds up to 1 carat. I love the buttery richness of 18k gold, but white gold is stunning with alexandrite, no doubt! Maybe my next one will be in white gold :). This stone is very beautiful in all lights. Very little gray and no brown. Just rich green, teal, blueish, raspberry and lavender. In some mixed lights the teal blends with raspberry in the stone. My favorite! I noticed in my first picture I posted there seems to be a woman reflected in the stone and it isn't me! A little creepy?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so jealous...I am addicted to color change stones and would love a nice sized one with great color change like yours.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool pics that show the color changes very nicely. I would love to have a larger alexandrite stone one day. So glad that you are enjoying your ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results