shape
carat
color
clarity

Having doubts on diamond I just purchased. (GIA report) =(

swy81

Rough_Rock
Just placed an order this afternoon on a diamond I had been eyeing for a bit. The specs seem pretty good.

Shape:Round
Depth %:62.0 %
Table %:58 %
Carat Weight:1.51 ct
Polish:Excellent
Color:G
Symmetry:Excellent
Clarity:VS2
Cut Grade:Excellent
Make (Cut):Super Ideal
Measurements:7.34 x 7.30 x 4.54 mm
Report:GIA
Length To Width:1.01 to 1
Girdle:Medium - Sl. Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence:None
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

The thing is, I don't think I did enough research on the inclusions. According to the GIA report, there are feathers and clouds. There is also a feather near the edge of the diamond and I suppose this is not a good thing? :(sad

I'm just wondering if these inclusions are ok or am I being overly paranoid about the bad things I've read about feathers and clouds. :(sad

nx5kw4.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Having doubts on diamond I just purchased. (GIA report)

swy81|1303975785|2906888 said:
Just placed an order this afternoon on a diamond I had been eyeing for a bit. The specs seem pretty good.

Shape:Round
Depth %:62.0 %
Table %:58 %
Carat Weight:1.51 ct
Polish:Excellent
Color:G
Symmetry:Excellent
Clarity:VS2
Cut Grade:Excellent
Make (Cut):Super Ideal
Measurements:7.34 x 7.30 x 4.54 mm
Report:GIA
Length To Width:1.01 to 1
Girdle:Medium - Sl. Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence:None
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

The thing is, I don't think I did enough research on the inclusions. According to the GIA report, there are feathers and clouds. There is also a feather near the edge of the diamond and I suppose this is not a good thing? :(sad

I'm just wondering if these inclusions are ok or am I being overly paranoid about the bad things I've read about feathers and clouds. :(sad

Your regrets are unfounded, don't worry ;))
It's a VS2 of moderate size graded by a reputable lab, inclusions aren't going to pose durability/light return risks, and if it's eyeclean to your specifications it's eyeclean. Don't stress over it! If you want professional reassurance just make an appt with an independent appraiser and get his/her opinion w/ the stone in-hand.

ETA: this is assuming the report details the current condition of the stone - as in the report isn't from 2006 and the stone hasn't been worn, possibly carelessly, in the intervening years. If this is the case (older report & the stone has not been sitting in a vault since, which is unlikely) you'll definitely want to invest in an independent appraisal w/in the return period.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is VS2, so it should be fine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with the others that it should be fine, but examine it closely from all angles when you get it and just return it if it is not eyeclean! But VS2 almost always is!

swy81

Rough_Rock

Thx for the replies. I'll definitely be looking at it closely and you bet I'll be having an independent appraiser look at it ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

You don't need to worry with a VS2.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

swy81|1304001657|2906994 said:
Thx for the replies. I'll definitely be looking at it closely and you bet I'll be having an independent appraiser look at it ;-)

Make sure your appraiser is really independent, i.e., does not sell diamonds. Then they can be objective. Some people take diamonds to non-independent appraisers who try to tell them their stones sucks so they will buy one from the appraiser/diamond vendor instead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results