shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Having difficulty with words (Pic heavy!)

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops! Requested to be moved to SMTB! More pics and details then 8)

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is one gorgeous marquise cut. The setting is so elegant and compliments the stone beautifully! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has moved! Now what are the details???!!!

Gorgeous! Love it!!! :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!!! So beautiful - that's one HONKIN' marquise you found there, snicklefritz!!

Spill... whassup??

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous marquise!! :love: :love: And the setting isn't too bad either! :naughty: Congrats!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone and setting! :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is one seriously gorgeous ring. :love: Now spill! We need details in this beauty.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!!!
I love the center stone :love: :love: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Is that an old marquise?!? I see some chunkiness!!! and looks white too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James allen setting? Looks familiar.

Either way it's spectacular an I am in love with it tell me more.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, moderators!

I'm not sure where to start! My poor R tried for 2 days (Christmas eve and day) to propose, but I unknowingly thwarted both plans due to a crazy Christmas schedule. So on December 26th, determined, he proposed with the most genuine, heart-felt sentiments I've ever heard and the most beautiful ring! As was his hope, he did a fantastic job of surprising me. :appl:

The diamond is one I suggested to R quite awhile ago, and I was thrilled to find he'd chosen it. After briefly discussing setting styles, he picked the setting and requested a modified head - I swoon for 4-prong marquise heads. Both setting and diamond are from JA. It turned out superb!!

Diamond stats:

1.91ct Marquise modified brilliant
Measurements: 13.25 x 6.40 x 3.71mm
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Table: 57%
Depth: 57.9%
Girdle: Thin to thick (faceted)
Culet: Slightly large

Size 4.5

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing. The setting and the stone are such a perfect match. Congrats on your sweet holiday engagement!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Christmas bouquet from R for the proposal. And a mysterious and whimsical tree shot.

img_1475_1.jpg

img_1473_1.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous!!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Such a gorgeous ring. :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty|1388954610|3586891 said:
Is that an old marquise?!? I see some chunkiness!!! and looks white too!

I was wondering the same thing! It's gorgeous, and I really love it in that setting. Mazel tov!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty Stone.....

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So beautiful! Congrats on your engagement :))

I love love love the mysterious and whimsical tree shot! It's magical.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great story! I'm glad he was able to propose eventually --- what happened that you 'thwarted' his efforts??? Too funny!!

Beautiful pics and please post as many more as possible! My ering was a marquis (way back in time when dinosaurs roamed the earth...) so I definitely have a soft spot for them!! Your's is a GORGEOUS stone!!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. Love it!!!! Congratulations :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning, love your diamond :love: :love: :love: That is seriously a gorgeous marquise!
I was looking at the JA settings today and that one caught my eye. Very pretty!

Congratulations on your engagement and enjoy your beautiful ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is absolutely gorgeous...the stone is TDF!!! Congrats on your engagement!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That's such a beautiful engagement ring congratulations! Is the setting a stock JA setting? I loved your previous RB ring by leddel, that ring has been a favorite of mine from PS and I have your pictures saved. This ring and stone are just as beautiful!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Back to respond to all the wonderful comments and compliments - you guys are too sweet! :)

Gemmy, kalomeli, AprilBaby, and Acinom, thank you so much for you compliments. You make a girl blush! I'm glad you agree the stone and setting work nicely together.

DS and Farleysmom, I hope I've provided all the necessary details! Let me know if you have additional Qs as I certainly don't mind discussing my ring. I don't know anyone IRL who is quite as into diamonds as I am. And, thanks for your kind comments.

Fortekitty and Circe, you've hit the nail on the head! While I can't be sure just how long ago the diamond was cut, it sure has a strikingly antique facet pattern with lovely chunkiness and a fabulous culet!

So glad you like it niel! Given that you're another self-proclaimed marquise lover, I really appreciate your feedback. And, yes, you called it. It's a JA setting.

derbygal, thank you! It really was a sweet engagement.

Laila, Sparkly OEC, and heididdl, thank you for stopping by for a look, and for you lovely comments!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Gemfever! Like many of us, I try to take some interesting photos when I can. And the 7-foot tree full of colorful lights was calling to me. Given there's 10+ inches of snow outside my window at the moment, I may try to get a few snowy shots tomorrow. Will post if I do!

Haha! Enerchi, it is pretty funny that I unintentionally made it so difficult for him. Makes me wonder what other good fortune I've been sabotaging without realizing it. :rolleyes: Here's the short version of my sabotage... R wanted to tie the proposal into one of my xmas presents - a large frame with pictures of us, tickets stubs from shows we'd been to, and the receipt from our first date...what a sweetie :D. He originally suggested we exchange gifts on xmas eve (at which time he'd planned to propose), but I told him I probably wouldn't be able to make it over to his place (he went to his parents' for dinner and I to mine) because I was helping host dinner at my parents' house until 9:30 or so and needed to finish making a cake for my grandma for xmas day afterward. After a little back and forth about this, he eventually suggested we exchange presents on xmas night (back-up plan for proposing). Well xmas was a big jumble since we did the rounds to several family members homes, and a few silly things didn't go quite right (lost presents, duplicate presents, etc). Since we were exhausted and pretty emotionally drained by the end of the day, when he asked if I was ready to open presents I said I'd much rather do presents another day - which I like to do anyway because it extends xmas in a way. I even suggested maybe waiting until New Year's Eve :rolleyes: Thankfully, he didn't let me get away with that. :lol: In the end the timing was perfect, and I still feel like I got a Christmas proposal!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snicklefritz|1388967440|3587055 said:
Thank you, Gemfever! Like many of us, I try to take some interesting photos when I can. And the 7-foot tree full of colorful lights was calling to me. Given there's 10+ inches of snow outside my window at the moment, I may try to get a few snowy shots tomorrow. Will post if I do!

Haha! Enerchi, it is pretty funny that I unintentionally made it so difficult for him. Makes me wonder what other good fortune I've been sabotaging without realizing it. :rolleyes: Here's the short version of my sabotage... R wanted to tie the proposal into one of my xmas presents - a large frame with pictures of us, tickets stubs from shows we'd been to, and the receipt from our first date...what a sweetie :D. He originally suggested we exchange gifts on xmas eve (at which time he'd planned to propose), but I told him I probably wouldn't be able to make it over to his place (he went to his parents' for dinner and I to mine) because I was helping host dinner at my parents' house until 9:30 or so and needed to finish making a cake for my grandma for xmas day afterward. After a little back and forth about this, he eventually suggested we exchange presents on xmas night (back-up plan for proposing). Well xmas was a big jumble since we did the rounds to several family members homes, and a few silly things didn't go quite right (lost presents, duplicate presents, etc). Since we were exhausted and pretty emotionally drained by the end of the day, when he asked if I was ready to open presents I said I'd much rather do presents another day - which I like to do anyway because it extends xmas in a way. I even suggested maybe waiting until New Year's Eve :rolleyes: Thankfully, he didn't let me get away with that. :lol: In the end the timing was perfect, and I still feel like I got a Christmas proposal!

Wonderful!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: Congratulations and wishing you much health and happiness and a lifetime of love. :appl:

Looking forward to snowy shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results