shape
carat
color
clarity

Having difficulty receiving responses from Tan's stores?

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Over the past week and a half, I've made several attempts to contact Tan (or his staff) about gems that he had up for sale. On gem I was interested in was out on auction in one of his ebay stores, the other was on his website. In total, I probably emailed about four times... and I never received a response. Even more frustrating, both items I was interested in sold in the meantime. Is anyone else having an issue? I've always found Tan very responsive in the past...and I'm definitely a repeat customer. That said, if no one is responding to questions, I'll probably have to look elsewhere. Shipping returns overseas is just too expensive. :cry:

Anyone else having a similar issue??

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
In short, yes.

I've emailed questions several times and have not gotten any answers. In one case, I purchased a stone from his website only to get an email saying they were very sorry but it had already sold and they would refund my money immediately. I got that email very promptly - only hours after buying the stone - but I'm not sure if it came from Tan or not b/c it was signed with the company name instead of a personal one.

Regardless, though, I will say that I have purchased 2 gems from him quite recently and they have been beautiful stones, especially for the price I paid, and I'll continue to buy from him just because I can't get that quality for that price elsewhere.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tara,

Thanks for your response. Funny, but something very similar recently happened to me as well...only I didn't actually purchase the stone in question yet. I contacted Tan about a gemstone on his website that I was very interested in and did not receive any reply. A few days later, the stone disappeared from the website but I never did receive an email explaining what the issue was... Not until I emailed Tan and expressed some concern over not receiving responses to questions asked via eBay and his website. At that point, he did contact me and explain that the stone I'd asked questions about was no longer in his inventory (I think it was previously sold and not removed from the site). I just wish he'd responded and at least told me as much. In the past, Tan has always been very good about responding to questions...at least that has been my experience until recently.

I've purchased from Tan's stores quite a bit and I have to say that I'm in complete agreement with you... the stones I've purchased, I've been very pleased with. They've actually looked much nicer in person than in his photos.

Btw, I absolutely love your new garnet ring - the one you had made by DanielM. I was admiring it out on their etsy site before you even posted it. It is GORGEOUS!! :appl:

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Aw, thank you for the compliments about my DanielM ring! I've been trolling through his feedback to look at other people's projects too :)

The stone you were interested in from Tan didn't happen to be a pretty (far too much so for the price) tsavorite listed on his site for $29.00, did it? :lol:

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Lol No, it wasn't the same gemstone... I was actually inquiring about one of his darker sapphires. However, I did see a Tsavorite pear up for auction through one nof Tan's eBay stores with a starting price of $29.90. Was the one you asked about a pear??

I love browsing through photos of jewelry others have had made, too... Its one of my favorite was to pass the time, when I actually have time on my hands. You should post photos or your new ring out in the Eye Candy topic. :D

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
No, the one I wanted was a 1.2x cushion tsav. He has a tsav with a starting price of $29 up on ebay right now, but its not the same one (as it had better not be - LOL - after telling me it'd been sold already!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results