shape
carat
color
clarity

Have You Watched The House Impeachment Hearings? If So, What Do You Think?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you watched The House Intelligence Committee's Impeachment hearings? If so, what do you think about how they are going? I am posting a link that works at the moment, but it may not work for long. I never know about links to sites with "breaking news".

I was riveted by Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch this morning.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't able to watch, but I was getting updates from Huffpost and through the forum of a Fox news talking head. I imagine I'll see clips on MSNBC tonight, and watch what I can on CSPAN if it's on this weekend.She seemed to get a great response. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to watch it, but had to turn it off and go vomit after hearing some slimeball on Trump's side.

Trump tweeting insults about a witness while she is testifying?
Really?
Revolting. :nono::nono::nono:

I want Trump removed so there is a chance to Make America Great Again.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could but I'm in a busy office environment while they are happening. I've been trying to keep up with online news during the day and tv discussions and clips during the evening.

1573868518981.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is pissed because she was removed from her job. How many of Bush's appointees ran to congress crying after losing their job when the Obama admin took over?

The craziest thing about this phony impeachment is that the Prez. of Ukraine himself said there was no bribery involved. IOW the Dems. are accusing the Prez. of Ukraine is lying in order for this impeachment to make any sense. :rolleyes:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump tweeting insults about a witness while she is testifying?
Really?
Revolting. :nono::nono::nono:
Trump should just keep his mouth shut b/c she don't have first hand knowledge of anything.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never given much thought to our ambassadors and what they do; shame on me. I respect the poise, intelligence, and demonstrated expertise of the 3 witnesses who have publicly testified. The contrast between them and the trumpet emphasizes his incompetence. At this point, I can't imagine a scenario (short of a civil uprising) that would entice the Senate to impeach him. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps the Dems objective is to lay bare the vastness of corruption under the trumpet and the obvious risk his regime is to national security in hope that the electoral college doesn't reelect him. I can't imagine he'd win the popular vote and if he does, this republic and democracy will be shattered.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am very pleased with how they are going. Trump may not be removed from the Senate, but history will not look kindly on him. He will be vilified, and deservedly so. This is an important format to stand-up for what most of us know is right. Lies cannot go unchallenged. Roger Stone's trial has implicated the President directly to Russian collusion and conspiracy. He did not win the election without cheating, which he was trying to do again. It is why Nancy Pelosi finally said he is an imposter. Of course I say he is illegimate. Russia did help him and he wanted to do it again, while blaming the Ukrainians for the interference. on Hilary's behalf.

What deceit and treachery we have witnessed. There are those who cannot see that there are values that are more valuable and important than money. Let them be happy with their diamonds , and know that the real diamonds are intangible virtues that made this country great.

Annette

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still holding on to the minuscule hope that he'll either resign or decide not to run for a 2nd term. If he chooses either, he'll surely do it in trumpian fashion: "I am the most transparent intelligent organized truthful open-minded fair and honest president in the history of presidents, yet I've been treated worse than any president in the history of presidents by the evil Dems FAKE NEWS media the muppets Pocahontas Shifty Schiff and everyone else on earth who doesn't agree with me. This has hurt my family in many ways, in more ways than any family in the history of families have been hurt, so in recognition of the toll these many witch hunts have taken on my family, I have decided to...."
Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 1.56.56 PM.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata I really want you to be right but I think he’s made too much money from the presidency to call it quits.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want Trump removed so there is a chance to Make America Great Again.
Americans will have that chance in 2020.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still holding on to the minuscule hope that he'll either resign or decide not to run for a 2nd term. If he chooses either, he'll surely do it in trumpian fashion: "I am the most transparent intelligent organized truthful open-minded fair and honest president in the history of presidents, yet I've been treated worse than any president in the history of presidents by the evil Dems FAKE NEWS media the muppets Pocahontas Shifty Schiff and everyone else on earth who doesn't agree with me. This has hurt my family in many ways, in more ways than any family in the history of families have been hurt, so in recognition of the toll these many witch hunts have taken on my family, I have decided to...."
Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 1.56.56 PM.png

Matata! you just outed yourself as his tweet/speechwriter...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone wonder if Trump will resign stating health reasons? He spent this afternoon at Walter Reed supposedly having a portion of his annual exam. He just had his annual exam in February of this year.

We all saw a true patriot yesterday and a President who tried to bully and intimidate her. It wasn’t a good look.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone wonder if Trump will resign stating health reasons?

I don't care what reasons he uses, bone spurs will suffice, as long as he is gone, buh bye, sayonara. .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone wonder if Trump will resign stating health reasons? He spent this afternoon at Walter Reed supposedly having a portion of his annual exam. He just had his annual exam in February of this year.
He'll resign if the sun rises from the west.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel very much the way that Annette (smitcompton) does. I had a conversation about it with someone last week. When we began to talk neither of us knew the other's political views. He simply asked me how "the hearings" were going because he heard me listening to them.

We agreed that it was unlikely that the Senate would remove Trump from office due to its political composition. He said that our voting in the next election was important. I said that I had hoped that a majority of the Senate would convict Trump even though that would not lead to his removal, although I now wondered if even one Republican would vote to convict him. Nonetheless, I said that I thought his being impeached was vital. The entire government could not sit by and let Trump's manifold crimes go unnoticed.

At least now there will be a historical record of Trump's crimes. (Stated by a former history teacher who is trying to take the long view of this dreadful downturn in the American experiment in democracy.)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it an actual impeachment inquiry or an episode of “candid camera” being portrayed as one?

It’s a sham of a process run by a sham of an elected official with no evidence nor witness testimony that I’ve seen/heard/read that there was any actual quid pro quo, bribery, or anything else “illegal” or impeachable according to the ‘witnesses’ Congressman Sham has called ... if you can even call them ’witnesses’ since - by their own admissions - they ‘witnessed‘ no illegal/impeachable activity. At least - with Clinton - there was a blue dress. :lol:

Here, it’s just more empty ‘gotcha’ promises & hot air from petulant politicians who - come 2020 - will only be able to show ‘trumper tantrums’ as the accomplishments voters should consider when casting their votes. Meanwhile, the 20% return on retirement investments, record-low jobless numbers, stronger border security and a host of other actual ‘accomplishments’ - promises Trump made and kept - are going to win out with most voters over whether one person’s feelings were hurt being fired from her cushy ambassador post.

My prediction for how this plays out: stock up on tissues and plan your bug-out ‘safe space’ location now if you think Trump goes down - either via this impeachment charade or at the polls in 2020. And if you’re feeling really gracious, perhaps share some of your personal credibility with those on the left leading this nonsense because they have little left with any common-sense, rational-thinking independent voter who - before these hearings - stood even a remote chance of being swayed.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you can even call them ’witnesses’ since - by their own admissions - they ‘witnessed‘ no illegal/impeachable activity. At least - with Clinton - there was a blue dress.

First, impeachable activity need not be illegal. Of course in the case of Trump's activity it was. He committed extortion as well as illegally involving foreigners in American elections.

There are some crimes, like extortion, which take place in a way that one person may not view the entire act unfolding from start to finish the way one would the armed robbery of a bank. (I refer to your complaint that the witnesses did not "witness" the crimes clearly enough for you.) I mean it may not be captured in its entirety on videotape by the bank's cameras. Nonetheless, extortion is successfully prosecuted. Because different parts of the conspiracy to extort are witnessed by by different witnesses.

Stay tuned. The witnesses are lining up.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing - first it was "so-called scientists" when denigrating educated, serious people and now it's
"cushy ambassador post" when referring to a public servant who has had a decades long stellar career. Trumpsters sure do get their panties in a twist when accomplished, intelligent people disagree with them.

@the_mother_thing, based on that post it looks like you're the one in need of the safe space!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First, impeachable activity need not be illegal. Of course in the case of Trump's activity it was. He committed extortion as well as illegally involving foreigners in American elections.

There are some crimes, like extortion, which take place in a way that one person may not view the entire act unfolding from start to finish the way one would the armed robbery of a bank. (I refer to your complaint that the witnesses did not "witness" the crimes clearly enough for you.) I mean it may not be captured in its entirety on videotape by the bank's cameras. Nonetheless, extortion is successfully prosecuted. Because different parts of the conspiracy to extort are witnessed by by different witnesses.

Stay tuned. The witnesses are lining up.

The trumpsters will stay tuned to Fox News and repeat the talking points they hear there. I really don't think the inquiry is going to change the minds of individual constituents, everyone is pretty entrenched in their views. I think you had it right on the money in your other post - whether or not the impeachment removes Trump (it will not) isn't the point. A historical record of his actions - let's call them highly irregular and inappropriate actions if they are not deemed in the end to be actual crimes - is absolutely required for the reasons you stated.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I said ‘illegal/impeachable’ ... IOW ‘either or’. Also, note the word ‘allegedly’ is absent from your post stating he committed extortion ... or do you have evidence of and plans to testify before Congress to what you appear to know as fact? :confused:

@Maria D Not sure what makes you think my panties are in a twist; to the contrary, I am humored by the Dems continual desperate grasping at straws (biodegrade-able, mind you) with this charade. The ONLY promise they’ve kept their constituents is to tangle Trump up in litigation during his term ... and he’s still getting stuff done and keeping his promises to voters. :lol: Pretty sure the only panties in a twist are blue.

And it IS a charade because - surely if there was ACTUAL evidence, such as a smoking ’blue dress’ - Chairman Schiff would have led off with that on Day 1 of his nationally televised hearing, or at the very least something more compelling than three witnesses who didn’t witness anything, rather than try to crochet a case together from people’s feelings about being relieved of duty (as is customary with most changes in administration). Think/believe what you wish ... I’m looking forward to tuning in when it hits the Senate, and actual witnesses are called in as to what really went down in/with Ukraine ... that’s when the facts & good stuff will bubble to the surface and a few people will sink as a result.:wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
surely if there was ACTUAL evidence, such as a smoking ’blue dress’ - Chairman Schiff would have led off with that on Day 1 of his nationally televised hearing,

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 6.13.12 PM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing , The testimony has been compelling against Trump. If Gordon Sondland’s testimony is in agreement with what Bill Taylor, George Kent, Jennifer Williams and Fiona Hill have testified to, will that change your opinion? I’m trying to figure out what it will take to change your mind.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake What exactly & specifically has been ‘compelling’ about any of the testimony?
To remove ANY sitting president from office, it needs to be clear & convincing; not woven like a blanket from leftover yarn.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata If you were charged with a crime, would you allow yourself AND ‘your’ witnesses to testify knowing your attorney could present NO defense, ask NO questions, and you’d all essentially be gagged with the tattered shreds of fabric the opposing side was clinging to in order to make their case while disrespecting you, your witnesses, their colleagues and creating new rules for process?

I surely wouldn’t, and no sane-minded person, much less someone who has had a target on his back by Dems since the day he became the party’s candidate, would.

Newsflash - you don’t become President by being a dumbazz.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing , The testimony has been compelling against Trump. If Gordon Sondland’s testimony is in agreement with what Bill Taylor, George Kent, Jennifer Williams and Fiona Hill have testified to, will that change your opinion? I’m trying to figure out what it will take to change your mind.
They heard it from their barber who heard it from his uncle who heard it from his brother. :lol:

Me think one of the left winger here is the whistleblower ..:whistle:

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newsflash - you don’t become President by being a dumbazz.
**edited by moderator, no name calling**

As to your question, what I would or would not do is irrelevant and a digression. No one has been gagged in the proceedings to date unless there was a violation of rules that were mutually agreed to such as when one of the Reps attempted to yield his time to that woman who was ineligible to receive it (can't remember their names but I vaguely remember she was wearing a pink suit and her last name begins with an "s"). She was entitled to have the same 5 minutes to question witnesses as other underlings in the proceedings but she was not entitled to receive additional time from a ranking member of a committee. She proceeded to have a temper tantrum about something she was ineligible to receive. Trump has, however, ordered dozens to ignore subpoenas and not testify.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , Her name is Elise Stefanik. Her opponent Tedra Cobb raised a million dollars this weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results