shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you thought about cheating....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
on your favorite cut? heehee
11.gif

So I''m going ring shopping this weekend (!!!) and will most likely end up with my first love, the cushion cut. We meet about 2 years ago and it felt like a match made in heaven from the start! lol! The thing is, lately I''ve been very tempted to cheat with an Asscher cut. For the last few months I''ve been drooling over everyone''s Asschers here on PS
30.gif

I doubt SO will let me get an asscher bc he knows how indecisive I can be...but it sure is fun to flirt with the idea!
31.gif

Has anyone else been IN LOVE with a particular cut forever but ended up with something different?

If you''re not engaged yet, what cut will you most likely end up with (and do you have a close second fav)?
27.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought I wanted a princess cut, until I tried on an emerald. I just LOVE the look of step cuts! Watch out, the asscher may just bite and not let go!
17.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I wanted a princess... til I tried on a RB... now that is what I have. Funny things the eyes. Now I want a pear. My Dh is thrilled.
20.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

I flirted with the idea of a heart shaped stone..

But, my traditional-ness leaves me loyal to the round brilliant cut...

Anddddd... according to my boyfriend, the ring is NOT a heart, so that means its a RB!
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:45:55 PM
Author: BeachRunner
I always thought I wanted a princess cut, until I tried on an emerald. I just LOVE the look of step cuts! Watch out, the asscher may just bite and not let go!
17.gif

I know! I love how clear step cuts look! Hmmm, I''ll have to see how strong of a pull the asscher has for me...
2.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:52:09 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Date: 2/27/2009 12:45:55 PM

17.gif

I know! I love how clear step cuts look! Hmmm, I''ll have to see how strong of a pull the asscher has for me...
2.gif

It''s funny because an emerald cut and princess cut are night and day. I think I gravitated to the shape, as I was never interested in a RB. I think once you see them side by side or try them both on one after another, it''ll be a clear decision for you! (it was for me anyways)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I found it difficult to find asschers to "try on". Even when a jewelry store had asschers in house, they were never set. Just remember an asscher will be smaller in dimension that a round (at the same carat weight) and of course they are less sparkly but lovely in their own right.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Is it called cheating if my ultimate plan in life is to have one of each?
31.gif
(specifically, an RB, chunky cushion, and at least one step-cut, probably an emerald)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:02:29 PM
Author: sammyj
31.gif
(specifically, an RB, chunky cushion, and at least one step-cut, probably an emerald)

Nah, just a polygamist marriage to diamonds!
31.gif

I found it difficult to find asschers to "try on". Even when a jewelry store had asschers in house, they were never set. Just remember an asscher will be smaller in dimension that a round (at the same carat weight) and of course they are less sparkly but lovely in their own right.

Yes, they are not easy to find. Not all stores had emeralds in my area. That is whatidreamofcusions will have to determine; if you like the sparkle or the beauty of the step-cut!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:47:27 PM
Author: tlh
I wanted a princess... til I tried on a RB... now that is what I have. Funny things the eyes. Now I want a pear. My Dh is thrilled.
20.gif
Oh my, that''s the case with me too! I have an OEC Tiffany solitaire. I started out wanting a cushion, and disregarded anything round, but after considering all cuts known to man, DH got me the most traditional ring ever! He was a sweetie and put an unexpected twist to the ring (the OEC) so it''s still unique to me, but the overall shape is round. I''ve learned to love it - it was a very meaningful gift from the love of my life and it didn''t matter anymore what it really looked like once it was on my finger, but in retrospect I am happy with the choice he made because I feel that I have something that I won''t ever get sick of for years to come. NOT that I''m unwilling to have relationships with other cuts, now...
9.gif
I''m very smitten with big fat round pears these days. Does that make me a flirt?
6.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:08:16 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 1:02:29 PM

Author: sammyj

31.gif

Nah, just a polygamist marriage to diamonds!
31.gif

I found it difficult to find asschers to ''try on''. Even when a jewelry store had asschers in house, they were never set. Just remember an asscher will be smaller in dimension that a round (at the same carat weight) and of course they are less sparkly but lovely in their own right.

Yes, they are not easy to find. Not all stores had emeralds in my area. That is whatidreamofcusions will have to determine; if you like the sparkle or the beauty of the step-cut!

Haha! You girls crack me up! Maybe someday I''ll have one of each
20.gif

I have actually tried on an asscher, but it''s been a loooong time. I know the jeweler we''re going to has tons of variety (in fact, maybe I''ll snap a few pics and report back on Monday!) So we''ll see!

Sheesh, it''s just so hard to be monogamous when it comes to diamonds!
12.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nope, because I don''t have a particular favorite. I appreciate diamonds of all shapes (except step cuts...I like the sparklies!), whether it be a round, marquise, pear, etc. No favorite color either, but I seem to prefer older cuts in warmer tones...but then again an icier shade with strong blue..*swoon!*

I just don''t have a favorite.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I am actually experiencing that now. I heart cushions!! I have always loved them, and always planning on getting one (even before they became more popular). Event though my ring is being made as we speak, it bugs me a little bit my 2ct cushion doesnt look like 2cts, compared to a RB because you loose size in the cut. And I toy with the idea of just getting a RB. But i know i"ll never love a RB the way I love cushions
30.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I almost went with an emerald cut solitaire engagement ring after trying a few on at Cartier, but then decided to stick with my first love, the cushion. I think I made a wise choice. However, in a few years I''d like to get a three-stone emerald cut right hand ring.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:52:11 PM
Author: NakedFinger
I am actually experiencing that now. I heart cushions!! I have always loved them, and always planning on getting one (even before they became more popular). Event though my ring is being made as we speak, it bugs me a little bit my 2ct cushion doesnt look like 2cts, compared to a RB because you loose size in the cut. And I toy with the idea of just getting a RB. But i know i''ll never love a RB the way I love cushions
30.gif

Same here! I don''t think I could ever love another cut as much as a cushion cut. Although any diamond is beautiful! (yours is GORGEOUS, btw
30.gif
Is it your avatar?)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would totally cheat on a trillion for a delicious Asscher or EC! LOVE STEP CUTS! But Step Cut trillions are my 1st love. I used to like the Princess cute, but once I saw an Assher, that when out the window. I
30.gif
the hypnotic magnetism of Step cuts!
30.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i was sooooo set on getting a princess cut diamond until i tried it on.

now....round brilliant ALLLLL the way.

well...i say this now...but i''ve never tried on a cushion....
31.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i loove the pear shap. and emerald. i think i''ll join the PS polyligimist ring lifestyle
9.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
My heart is with Princess.

I love Round Brilliant, but when I tried it on, my personality screamed "THIS IS SO NOT YOU" at me.

What can you do? Haha.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
My first love is rounds, but I have been oh-so-tempted to get an asscher engagement ring, especially after seeing some of the beauties here (like musey''s, ooh la la)!
30.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
I always thought I wanted either a princess, or Asscher cut, but recently my taste has totally changed, and I''m leaning more towards a round brilliant..
I think it''s time I try some rings on to get a feel for what''s ''me''!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 5:58:48 AM
Author: gwendolyn
My first love is rounds, but I have been oh-so-tempted to get an asscher engagement ring, especially after seeing some of the beauties here (like musey''s, ooh la la)!
30.gif

Ditto! Her ring made me start thinking about asschers, actually
2.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:29:01 PM
Author: trillionaire
I would totally cheat on a trillion for a delicious Asscher or EC! LOVE STEP CUTS! But Step Cut trillions are my 1st love. I used to like the Princess cute, but once I saw an Assher, that when out the window. I
30.gif
the hypnotic magnetism of Step cuts!
30.gif

I can just get lost in my EC!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
My first choice is a yellow diamond and they look best as a radiant cut or cushion, to me.

If I get a white diamond BF would want the traditional round... however I have seem some drool worthy pears on here lately. I don''t know if I could convince him to go with a pear as an e-ring. That may have to come later.
2.gif

I''m not above having a polygamist relationship with diamonds. Bring em on!
11.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
I like round, oval, pear, or heart. I think I'd kind of want a heart halo. UGH...I wish I were engaged already! Sorry for being whiny...I get a little sad about it sometimes.
5.gif

At one point I thought of cheating with a cushion, but nah...unless it's big, of course. I don't like small cushions.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, loved the lucida as soon as I saw it and now nearly two years later, I''m still in love with it.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always been set on an asscher, but lately I''ve been gravitating towards emeralds. And the Lucida (rectangle).

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I have always wanted an asscher, but I LOVE old mine cut and old europeans (surfgirls!!!!!!) and chunky cushions... so sparkley!!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never had a particular favorite until my other half suprised me with a princess cut e-ring. I love it because everyone around me seems to have a RB and I like having something a bit different

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to be getting an emerald but i LOVE cushions as well.
They are just gorgeous. I love ms. cushion''s new ring. it is fiery and just gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results