shape
carat
color
clarity

Have You Seen This? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing. Just a reminder not to judge anyone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This clip was the subject of an earlier thread, but it deserves a new one IMHO. Interesting to see that the number of views has has gone up so much -- more than doubled from yesterday, I think.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Her singing voice is spectacular! Powerful, and yet sweet...lovely. Thanks for this! I hope she makes it all the way.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How TOTALLY cool is that!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:24:36 PM
Author: BeachRunner
2.gif
Just a reminder that no one was judging, just reflecting and discussing. Don't worry, I'm not here to bring my buzzkill into the new thread.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this on the Today show this morning. OMG, she is just amazing. Big things are in store for her. She is the epitome, of what can happen when you believe in yourself. Just love her!!!!!
36.gif

Thanks for posting this rainydaze...

If this was posted before, I am sorry, didn't see it till now?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:45:56 PM
Author: musey

3.gif
Just a reminder that no one was judging, just reflecting and discussing. Don''t worry, I''m not here to bring my buzzkill into the new thread.
LOL Musey. Not sure how BeachRunner meant that, but I took it as the VIDEO is a reminder not to judge a book by its cover.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:50:32 PM
Author: TravelingGal

3.gif
Just a reminder that no one was judging, just reflecting and discussing. Don''t worry, I''m not here to bring my buzzkill into the new thread.
LOL Musey. Not sure how BeachRunner meant that, but I took it as the VIDEO is a reminder not to judge a book by its cover.
2.gif
I know on the Today show they were saying how Snarky Simon was to her, not expecting anything from her....

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Wow, she is incredible!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif
2.gif

Yup, thanks for clarifying TGal. I didn''t even see the earlier thread about this.
33.gif
I was referring my statement to the looks on people''s faces from the video.

That''s all
35.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow what a VOICE!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have to say I''ve watched this like five times in a row now. GOOD FOR HER!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I actually teared up as she was singing... What a strong and beautiful voice she has!! I really hope someone takes notice and she makes a career out of it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:02:14 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OK, I have to say I''ve watched this like five times in a row now. GOOD FOR HER!
I know me too. Just makes me smile., I can''t wait to buy her CD....

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:00:14 PM
3.gif
Just a reminder that no one was judging, just reflecting and discussing. Don't worry, I'm not here to bring my buzzkill into the new thread.
2.gif
Yup, thanks for clarifying TGal. I didn't even see the earlier thread about this.
33.gif
I was referring my statement to the looks on people's faces from the video.

That's all
35.gif
LOL! Sorry, Beach. I totally read your post with the other thread in mind.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:04:55 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 4/15/2009 10:02:14 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I know me too. Just makes me smile., I can''t wait to buy her CD....
Yeah me too; she is fabulous!!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched this more than once yesterday, and sent an email link out...she has a gift.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!! Love her!!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
That is so wonderful to see her shine it makes me cry (in a joyous way). May many wonderful things come her way! What a gift!

Mrs.2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add that I come from a family with pro singers and massive music snobs in it (I am trained myself too). I have family members who think that standing ovations are gross and way overused (they would only give one for the performance of the century).

The thing that gets me about her performance is that it is amazing to get to see someone's dream come true before your eyes and for her this was a dream coming true. From all accounts I read she has had it pretty hard in many ways so I think this is just wonderful for her. I think that she is gifted and I think she has guts to stand and sing in front of people who were laughing at her. Also it is a very interesting phenomenon to see how the audience reacts to her. They go from laughing to admiration in a very short amount of time. Plus she was really feeling that song. I am nothing but happy for her.
36.gif

Mrs.2Artists

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, two days later, I STILL can''t watch that without tearing up a bit. What is it with that clip that does that? Hm...

Talk about viral though...was at 5 million plus views this morning and now it is at 11 million!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 3:08:29 AM
Well, two days later, I STILL can't watch that without tearing up a bit. What is it with that clip that does that? Hm...

Talk about viral though...was at 5 million plus views this morning and now it is at 11 million!!

That clip just captures so many elements of human nature, does it not? You could write an essay on the 'issues' raised by that little piece of footage! I had tears too, I can't imagine what it would have been like for her to have known her own talent, have her dreams, and yet be unrecognised and even laughed at for even having hopes for so long.
It probably would have been like being in prison.

Just shows - packaging, and connections, are EVERYTHING!!!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
simply incredible

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, what a voice on her!!!! So sweet!!!
1.gif

Margot

Rough_Rock
I can''t help but tear up when I watch this. The song was so representative of her life story as well. After I watched this, I watched the old clip of Paul Pott on BGT who was also judged by his appearance...and MAN what a voice!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I cry like a baby every time I watch this. Every time.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
That''s fantastic! I agree with the previous posters who commented that the most incredible thing about the clip is that IS her dream coming true. So touching.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 9:07:39 AM
Author: KatyWI
I cry like a baby every time I watch this. Every time.
Me too, me too.
39.gif
36.gif

In the other thread there were talks that she may not be a perfect singer, that she made tonal mistakes etc. To me this is about more than the quality of her voice, which I happen to think is lovely, it''s about her being the perfect PERSON to represent that song. I am a lover of lyrics and honestly this performance puts goosebumps on my body, a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes and I''ve heard it sung before many times without that reaction. This woman is the epitome of how we can dream something in life and have it shattered beyond belief. Remember, she''s 47, never been married, never even been kissed! Couple that with a less than ideal appearance in today''s harsh society where even a singing career is unlikely unless you have a pretty face and/or super sexy body.
38.gif
Sometimes I wonder if singing is an afterthought to the other two... but I digress. That song could be her personal story. I think that is part of what the appeal is and why it touches people so. The ugly duckling turned into a swan before everyone on stage. They no longer cared what she looked like or how her body was shaped, they instead were taken aback by the beauty of her voice and the story it was telling.

The last phrase in the song gets me the most, especially considering all the ''nevers'' I listed before.
39.gif

"I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I''m living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed."

I am amazed at the publicity this is getting. I hope people learn the lesson that is being presented and it''ll be interesting to see what happens to Miss Boyle after all this settles down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results