shape
carat
color
clarity

Have You Seen This? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 9:59:59 AM
Author: girlie-girl

Date: 4/16/2009 9:07:39 AM
Author: KatyWI
I cry like a baby every time I watch this. Every time.
Me too, me too.
39.gif
36.gif

In the other thread there were talks that she may not be a perfect singer, that she made tonal mistakes etc. To me this is about more than the quality of her voice, which I happen to think is lovely, it''s about her being the perfect PERSON to represent that song. I am a lover of lyrics and honestly this performance puts goosebumps on my body, a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes and I''ve heard it sung before many times without that reaction. This woman is the epitome of how we can dream something in life and have it shattered beyond belief. Remember, she''s 47, never been married, never even been kissed! Couple that with a less than ideal appearance in today''s harsh society where even a singing career is unlikely unless you have a pretty face and/or super sexy body.
38.gif
Sometimes I wonder if singing is an afterthought to the other two... but I digress. That song could be her personal story. I think that is part of what the appeal is and why it touches people so. The ugly duckling turned into a swan before everyone on stage. They no longer cared what she looked like or how her body was shaped, they instead were taken aback by the beauty of her voice and the story it was telling.

The last phrase in the song gets me the most, especially considering all the ''nevers'' I listed before.
39.gif

''I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I''m living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.''

I am amazed at the publicity this is getting. I hope people learn the lesson that is being presented and it''ll be interesting to see what happens to Miss Boyle after all this settles down a bit.
Well said!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, it''s begun. Oprah wants her.
14.gif

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30248927/

Welcome to the media marketing machine! If this woman is smart, she will lay low and just SING.

And personally, I didn''t find the dress that unflattering, sheesh!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad Oprah is picking her up... I want her to be rich!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is amazing. What a voice.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic voice from such a giving person. She was born with a learning disability due to annoxia during birth, made fun of throughout her childhood and was still made fun of by some of the children of her village. Gave her life to care for her ailing parents.

I just hope that her life will be enriched because of this experience and that she will not be exploited by others and taken advantage of. She certainly has touched me deeply within just a few minutes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really want her to do well - which is why I wish she''d stay away from the press for the most part. CNN has two different segments where she sings the song again. Her voice is lovely but it doesn''t have the same effect as her stage performance. Audiences are fickle, so I really think that less is more for now.

But hey, she deserves whatever fun she''s getting out of this, I guess!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I must be living in a bubble, missed this until this thread. WOW, I loved that video! I am so happy for her. I am going to go watch it again.

(And OH, BTW, didya'' notice the BLING on her finger at the end???!!!!)
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:19:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 4/15/2009 10:04:55 PM

Author: Kaleigh

Date: 4/15/2009 10:02:14 PM

Author: Dee*Jay

OK, I have to say I''ve watched this like five times in a row now. GOOD FOR HER!
I know me too. Just makes me smile., I can''t wait to buy her CD....
Yeah me too; she is fabulous!!
36.gif
36.gif

Me three, I just LOVE her. I wish her a fabulous career.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:55:13 AM
Author: mochi
Fantastic voice from such a giving person. She was born with a learning disability due to annoxia during birth, made fun of throughout her childhood and was still made fun of by some of the children of her village. Gave her life to care for her ailing parents.

I just hope that her life will be enriched because of this experience and that she will not be exploited by others and taken advantage of. She certainly has touched me deeply within just a few minutes.
Well said Mochi!!! I agree 100%!!!

Lori

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 12:04:42 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Audiences are fickle, so I really think that less is more for now.

Yes, I getcha. I hope it's not flash in the pan for her... hopefully she will get a clever manager that won't fleece her for everything...?

ETA: far out, just heard 'Cry Me a River'!! on the link

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was awesome! To me, her voice isn''t what is so moving about the clip... it is her passion and the whole psychology of it! I can completely see her at home, single, with her cat "Pebbles", practicing and hoping and dreaming, believing for herself that she is talented but not knowing how in the world to go about achieving her goal! And then here it is. She has a wonderful personality. That, more than just her voice is what makes her so compelling. Lots of people in the world have beautiful voices, but not many have a story and a personality that makes you like them and root for them so strongly!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a powerful voice.
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 9:31:33 AM
Author: girlie-girl

Date: 4/17/2009 7:38:48 PM
Author: decodelighted
Perez has a vintage 1999 recording Susan Boyle did for a local charity CD. It''s her rendition of ''Cry Me A River''. Her voice ain''t bad recorded either ...
What a beautiful rendition of that song. Thank you for sharing Deco.
Just listened, it sounds great! Singing live versu ssinging in a recording studio are two totally different things, glad that she shines in both contexts!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Sacramento Bee editorial cheers the Susan Boyle phenomenon:

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/story/1795666.html

The end of the editorial sums it all up:

What the world witnessed is a refreshing tale of how one woman''s talent and courage overcame a world of cynicism. Such an authentic life wakes people up. It makes them weep. It makes them cheer. It makes them wonder what dreams may come.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results