shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen this setting please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ages ago I found a photo of this setting on the internet (with a diamond asscher in the centre). I would very much like to either (a) buy this setting or (b) have it replicated for a 3.64ct asscher type cut Aquamarine I've just bought from JohnB at GemRite. If I have to replicate it I have no idea what the shank looks like. Have you seen it (or something similar) anywhere please?

ETA please excuse my terrible attempt at inserting my Aqua into the design!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is a Danhov setting.....?? Beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
They''re baguettes in the shank right? I''m pretty sure Leon Mege does something similiar..

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Daniel K does something similar but I have seen others.

Here is an example of the DK one, beautiful setting

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel K makes a setting like that. And just FYI, it is OBSCENELY expensive to make/buy. I wouldn't bother unless it's a really special piece. We're talking close to $5k if I remember correctly...I looked into it awhile back.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cushioncutnut, ArjunaJane and Deelight for your help. I've searched and found the Daniel K, Danhov and also the green tourmaline/pink sapphire Leon Mege (which I actually prefer because I like the undercarriage to the design and the shank too).

TL - I'd seen that one from LOGR and wondered if he could adjust it. The shank is a bit too "in yer face" for me but he has another very similar so if my costings come back at stupid amounts of money I may go down that route. Thanks for taking the time to search for me.

Thanks also NeatFreak for the warning about costs - I once had a similar design made and had to sit back and ponder my bank balance before taking the plunge! Thankfully a jeweller owes me some money so this time it may be almost affordable!

So, I'm now thinking of getting the head as per the photo in the first post but with the shank and undercarriage as per the Leon Mege but using either Aqua or blue sapphire melee and white diamonds on the shank - am I allowed to post a picture of that here? It says copyright so I haven't dared.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I think that aqua would look smashing in rose gold. I''ve been nuts about rose gold lately.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Stardust also makes a similar setting but if I remember correctly it is also around the 5k range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results