shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen any Nature-inspired designs??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
After reading Door Knob Solitaires''s thread on unique designs I decided to start this one, as I was already thread jacking a bit. Sorry DKS!
So, my question is this: Would you please share any nature-inspired designs that you have seen? I love leaves, vines, etc. and am wondering if there are many other designers and sites to see them? Thanks!
BB

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Engagement rings? Wedding bands? With diamonds? Without?

I think misysu has a vine-like engagement ring setting with diamonds.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Green Lake Jewelry Works has a lot of nature/organic designs as well as classic and modern: Green Lake gallery

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i love nature-inspired jewelry, too. i tend to to like things that are a little less obvious and more abstract in their incorporation of nature. my ring was inspired by the idea of intertwined tree branches https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-vatche-tree-inspired-ring.60450/.

i saw this artcarved set recently and really liked the flowy, wave-like look of the patterns on the bands. i''ve heard they are very reasonable.

i would also look at the vatche swan -- i think wink and quest both have it. that is nature-inspired and just gorgeous.

gossimer.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do a search on Art Nouveau....beautiful nature inspired style of jewelry!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
also, if you''re looking for colorful everyday stuff, pearlman''s had some very pretty enameled pendants in an art nouveau type style -- beautifully colored butterflies and such. they were in the closeouts.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I normally lurk but had to post for this one. My ering prongs are leaves. We had the ring custom made, and were inspired by art nouveau, just like another poster suggested. I hope you can see the detail in this picture. I''m going to try to upload one more. There are six prongs, each a single leaf. The curve of the band is grooved to resemble branches. Its not everyone''s taste, but I adore it. My wedding band, which I don''t have a photo of, fits into it perfectly, and is similarly grooved. The stone is 1.02, J, SI2.

megring1.jpg

krockie

Shiny_Rock
This is another photo that might show the detail better.

megring2.JPG

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Bad photo, but top view. Ok, I''m done!

megring3.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Alley -- thanks! I love your w-band! Very similar idea to the ones i liked above. I haven't yet picked a w-band yet. FI really wants matching ones, and that may mean going custom since the setting is custom. I'm thinking it will be just a simple band with a twist that is shaped to fit flush with the ring and then we'd do a thicker, straight one for him. But haven't tried much on yet, so we'll see.

ETA: krockie, love your ering! beautiful interpretation!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beverley K has a lot with vines and leaves. Pearlman''s carries it.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Ooooh! I don''t know if you''re talking bands or engagement rings, but I totally covet "Mystic" by Mark Schneider. He has some other sort of leaf-looking e-rings too, but that one is definitely my favorite. Don''t know about bands though...

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Would my wedding band qualify? It has carved leaves.

my wedding ring.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
krockie, I love your ring! Do you have a thread on it? Please do if you don''t. And please take some pics of the w-band with it.

Back to regularly scheduled programming....

p.s. Van Craeynest have rings with leaves and flowers etc on them.. vancraeynest.com

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
After reading Door Knob Solitaires''s thread on unique designs I decided to start this one, as I was already thread jacking a bit. Sorry DKS!

WEll, I NEVER!!!
2.gif
No problem you little legume. Glad to have lead to an inspiration! I just did a search and found lots of sites that offer sterling pieces...but no rings. Give us a more specific list of your interest. It will be a fun hunt!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:37:12 PM
Author: musey
Engagement rings? Wedding bands? With diamonds? Without?

I think misysu has a vine-like engagement ring setting with diamonds.
Yes, any and all of the above!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Krockie...I adore your ring...so pretty and interesting!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Krockie and enbcfsobe, I LOVE both your rings!

Some one told me to check out The Clay Pot when I was looking for rings, and I just thought of it again now. THey carry the aforementioned Van Craeynest, but also a bunch of other designers with natural and organic designs. I believe it's an actual store in NYC, as well. Here's a link to their bridal collection: The Clay Pot

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 12:29:19 AM
Author: angeline
krockie, I love your ring! Do you have a thread on it? Please do if you don''t. And please take some pics of the w-band with it.

Back to regularly scheduled programming....

p.s. Van Craeynest have rings with leaves and flowers etc on them.. vancraeynest.com
Thanks Angeline, and everyone else! I''ll have hubby take some photos of the wedding band this weekend, and start a thread. I''ve never done that before, so it''ll be exciting!

I also second the Clay Pot, located in Brooklyn, NY, for those unique designs. We looked there before finding our custom jeweler in the East Village in Manhattan. Most of the artists that the Clay Pot carries will work with you if you want to do some customizations. The staff there is also super nice.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 2:41:35 PM
Author: Selkie
Green Lake Jewelry Works has a lot of nature/organic designs as well as classic and modern: Green Lake gallery
Thanks Selkie! Those are fantastic ... and what variety too.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 3:04:27 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
i love nature-inspired jewelry, too. i tend to to like things that are a little less obvious and more abstract in their incorporation of nature. my ring was inspired by the idea of intertwined tree branches https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-vatche-tree-inspired-ring.60450/.

i saw this artcarved set recently and really liked the flowy, wave-like look of the patterns on the bands. i''ve heard they are very reasonable.

i would also look at the vatche swan -- i think wink and quest both have it. that is nature-inspired and just gorgeous.
Hi enbcfsobe,
I read about your ring ...thanks for providing the link. What a sweet idea! And you read my mind already. The Vatche Royal Crown and Swan are two of my favorites so far. I will be taking a 3 hour road trip to try on those two, since no one here carries them.
I love the tree of life idea ... very cool. I''m glad you shared that.
BB

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 4:08:45 PM
Author: krockie
This is another photo that might show the detail better.
WOW, krockie that is gorgeous! Do you have any pics with a wedding ring too?
I love what you did.

BB

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 10:06:39 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Yes, of course it would! Who made your carved leaves? That''s a very pretty way to show nature - feminine and dainty but not extremely thin.

BB

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Looking thru way-old threads, and saw an unanswered question:

Date: 2/15/2008 5:09:27 PM
Author: ButterBean

Date: 2/14/2008 10:06:39 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Yes, of course it would! Who made your carved leaves? That''s a very pretty way to show nature - feminine and dainty but not extremely thin.

BB
My wedding band was made by Charles Green and Sons, in England. They do a lot of carved work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results