shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you recently been searching for any bling online?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either seriously or for fun? And if so have you bought anything online recently?

I know I am often bling searching online even if just for fun but often that does turn into a purchase so searcher beware. :lol:

Lately I have been on a (fun) search for OMC Victorian dangle earrings. Just what I need. Another antique pair of diamond earrings. 8)
But I cannot resist that siren call.

For my antique bling searches I have a few favorite eBay sellers and even a couple of Ruby Lane sellers I like not to mention Grace and LAD.

What have you been bling hunting for lately and where do you find your best online purchases?
And if you could add pics that would be an extra treat for us. :appl:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, sort of searching for fun, but you never know.....
I've always adored fancy yellow diamonds and I'm obsessed with the all yellow diamond halo rings that I've seen. I don't know why I didn't think of that when I was going through my reset process. I love my ring, but I can't get the other one out of my mind.... :???:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1458653166|4009332 said:
I've always adored fancy yellow diamonds and I'm obsessed with the all yellow diamond halo rings that I've seen. I don't know why I didn't think of that when I was going through my reset process. I love my ring, but I can't get the other one out of my mind.... :???:

Oh I hear you momhappy. The thing is while a yellow diamond halo ring is GORGEOUS maybe it wasn't right for you for your ER reset? Maybe that's what stopped you/why you didn't think of it at the time...It's a better RH ring for many of us vs an ER ring. Though for some it is a gorgeous ER. :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I regularly browse Grace's site and IDNID which is where I got my pre-loved wedding set from. On IDNID I'm more or less just looking to see what people are selling because most of the time it's not as great as they say, so I find that kind of interesting. I like to look at Etsy too. Rings mostly not in the market though but it's fun to look.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been sort of searching for an antique cushion/old mine cut for the past year or so. I think I'll be getting serious in the next few months :dance: :clap: It will be for an e-ring upgrade(ish). I'm going to keep my old one and will still wear it but I've been wanting an antique for a while now!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
missy|1458653366|4009334 said:
momhappy|1458653166|4009332 said:

Oh I hear you momhappy. The thing is while a yellow diamond halo ring is GORGEOUS maybe it wasn't right for you for your ER reset? Maybe that's what stopped you/why you didn't think of it at the time...It's a better RH ring for many of us vs an ER ring. Though for some it is a gorgeous ER. :love:

Yes, the problem is that it wouldn't feel right as a RHR now because I already have a round halo ER.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, but it's for a friend and his wife. I usually help with the center stone search for friends and they usually already have setting(s) in mind. It's fun to shop for others and see a piece of jewelry come together. :dance:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Missy, so funny to come upon this,thread and your mention of Victorian earrings! I have been obsessing about finding a pair of antique earrings lately. I was on LoupeTroop about a week ago and CVB was selling a pair she owns. They were posts but she is converting them to dangle for me before they ship. I am really excited to get them! Now I have to find a new item to search for! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup - a "forever" home for choco-berry finn. I'm thinking choco needs a rose gold bezel, a pink sapphire under it's culet (a baboon butt under it's booty :-o ), and a scalloped halo.

an upgrade for my BG Blue. I'm always looking for an upgrade opportunity for my solitaire.

I have to cut myself off. Unless I find a ridiculous upgrade opportunity, NO MORE BLING!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am always browsing and shopping jewelry online. However I have WSS (Wallet Shrinkage Syndrome) so right now it's only window shopping.

I can't wait to see if you get some beautiful vintage earrings.

Marcy

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm constantly browsing through my favourite sites and seeking new ones! I find it a soothing and relaxing escape from the stresses of daily life. I buy something maybe once a year but love coming on here to see what everyone else is acquiring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilysweet|1458692548|4009612 said:
Missy, so funny to come upon this,thread and your mention of Victorian earrings! I have been obsessing about finding a pair of antique earrings lately. I was on LoupeTroop about a week ago and CVB was selling a pair she owns. They were posts but she is converting them to dangle for me before they ship. I am really excited to get them! Now I have to find a new item to search for! :appl:

Ooh Lilysweet, I am so excited for you! :appl: Those will be gorgeous! :love: Especially as dangles. Cannot wait to see them and congratulations. :appl:

Snowdrop, yes I find it very soothing and calming as well. When I am anxious about something I just go to my favorite bling sites and hunt away. Sometimes I end up with a surprise purchase so I need to be careful but hey bling is so shiny and pretty and like the lyrics in Piano Man it makes me forget about life for a while.

Marcy, haha I know me too about the wallet shrinkage syndrome especially these days...and thank you for all your behind the scenes help with my most recent search. We shall see. 8)

Pinto, here's for an amazing and ridiculous upgrade opportunity for you. :appl:

thecat, I love shopping for other people's bling especially with their money. The sense of accomplishment and helping others is pretty great. Almost all of the fun and none of the calories. :lol:

telephone, ooh I am excited for you! Good luck with your antique cushion search. :appl:

Stephanie, what is IDNID? Yes Grace's site is full of stunning jewels. Sometimes they are so beautiful it hurts but in a good way. :cheeky:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IDNID - I do now I don't

Q

Queenie60

Yes, I love looking at IDJ website. Recently had an itch for diamond stud earrings and have recently purchased them. I find that when I am having down times with my son I go for the bling to cheer me up. Not a good habit to get into! :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh... argh... orgh... :shifty: - this whole diamonds being at a low in price is sticking with me in a bad way :errrr: . I can sell back my BG Blue to BGD with a 30% loss. I could potentially tack on $5K+ and jump from a 1.5+ ct to a GIA XXX at 2 ct to a whiter color grade.

1.5+ K VS1 BG Blue with VS Fluor to 2 ct J VS2 w/ some kind of fluor... :shock: :o

Somebody talk me out of this... no talk me into this... no... :wall:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh I browse for stuff every evening...been tempted more than once..but I just don't need it nor do I really ever wear it so I have resisted.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I am always browsing. I don't have money for purchasing very often though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1458745932|4009829 said:
Yes, I love looking at IDJ website. Recently had an itch for diamond stud earrings and have recently purchased them. I find that when I am having down times with my son I go for the bling to cheer me up. Not a good habit to get into! :wavey:

This site has been a great escape for me during difficult times! I am glad you are here, Queenie, and hope you can find some relief here when you need it!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
diamondrnglover|1458763935|4010020 said:
Sigh I browse for stuff every evening...been tempted more than once..but I just don't need it nor do I really ever wear it so I have resisted.

Yes, I'm sort of in the same boat. I love to browse (and I always find something lovely it seems), but I have managed to resist temptation. I think I get satisfaction simply out of the search and not necessarily the purchase:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458752075|4009879 said:
Urgh... argh... orgh... :shifty: - this whole diamonds being at a low in price is sticking with me in a bad way :errrr: . I can sell back my BG Blue to BGD with a 30% loss. I could potentially tack on $5K+ and jump from a 1.5+ ct to a GIA XXX at 2 ct to a whiter color grade.

1.5+ K VS1 BG Blue with VS Fluor to 2 ct J VS2 w/ some kind of fluor... :shock: :o

Somebody talk me out of this... no talk me into this... no... :wall:

I generally try not to enable, but this is a very good time to upgrade. I'd try to upgrade with BG, if you can, to not lose the 30%, though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am searching almost daily. It's just my hobby. I search a few things on ebay but don't buy often. I have bought a few Tiffany and other designer pieces that way over the last few years. I also watch LT and DB and have bought a couple of small diamond pairs since the first of the year to make studs for my girls.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought all of these online recently, from ebay.
My latest obsession is dendritic agate, specifically in vintage rings.
I love the different and unusual.
The largest piece is a brooch.
The sterling spoon ring(1930's) is a new favorite, as well.
The cat is my special baby, Phrixus.

_36827.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon I am sorry you have CDSS. I feel your pain.

Q

Queenie60

diamondseeker2006|1458784893|4010167 said:
Queenie60|1458745932|4009829 said:

This site has been a great escape for me during difficult times! I am glad you are here, Queenie, and hope you can find some relief here when you need it!

Thank you DS - I especially enjoy your posts as I appreciate your knowledge and helpfulness. This site has been very good for me. It's fun to see all of the great jewelry and to get ideas on how to spend some $$. !!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1458788291|4010198 said:

Love your online purchases Stracci! That brooch is gorgeous as is that sterling spoon ring from the 30s. :love: And I also LOVE your kitty Phrixus. What a sweet baby! :love:

canuk-gal said:
HI:

Yes, but fuggetaboutit :lol:

http://www.betteridge.com/tiffany-18k-yellow-gold-link-long-necklace/p/12327/

ETA: WSS that is so funny Marcy and my problem also! Also have CDSS (Canadian Dollar SS which is complicit with the WSS...)

cheers--Sharon

Swoon. :love: Love that necklace Sharon.

thecat|1458735990|4009771 said:
IDNID - I do now I don't

Thank you thecat!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I am always scouring the internet for deals on jewelry. Just last week I scored a quality piece at a bargain from Etsy! :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1458788291|4010198 said:

My favourite sort of picture - bling plus cat :bigsmile:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of my down time goes to reading PS and searching for bling! I'm a lot more hesitant to pull the trigger on just anything, though! Thankfully, one of my best friends wants to get engaged soon and has enlisted my help to find his future fiance a ring!! It's also not on a huge budget which makes the search a lot more fun :)

As for me....I have an itch to buy a loose diamond just bc diamond prices are low right now so I've been stalking a few on WF. Sometimes I get an itch for buying and trying out an old cut diamond. I also cannot get it out of my head that I "need" the Schlumberger 10 stone in the ruby/diamond discontinued version that Rubies-R-Me has....I absolutely love it!!!! I constantly check ebay but alas, nothing in my size (not that I'd buy it right away anyway...). Ugh, I would also really like to sell a couple of my pieces first. I think part of my problem now is also that I would really like an upgrade (DH hasn't consented...yet...) and I always have that in the back of my mind (spend x now, or save it for a bigger upgrade but who knows when that will happen). Sigh.....#firstworldproblems LOL thanks for listening! Not many in my circle understand my infatuation... :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results