shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ladies tried Diflucan and is it safe (a bit TMI)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:20:52 PM
Author: MC

Date: 3/23/2009 1:41:29 PM
Author: Sha
Diflucan seems to be the only thing that works for me, now. When I first started getting YI''s, things like Monistat, Canesten, and even home therapies like garlic and vinegar used to work fine, but now they don''t. I don''t know if I''ve developed some kind of super-resistant strain of YI. Now Diflucan is the only thing that helps to clear them up. I think it''s safe, as long as you don''t take it while TTC or while pregnant.
Yeast becomes immune to anti-fungals if you use them too much. That is why there are many different kinds on the market, because once the immunity happens, you have to move on to the next product.

Oh, wow....I didn''t know that! Thanks! That explains a lot.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 11:26:55 AM
Author: MC

Date: 3/24/2009 4:03:12 AM
Author: Phoenix

Thanks so much, MC. That''s really good to know. As you know, you''ve practically saved my life with the thyroid thing, so I''m sure you''re right about this too. I must admit though I''d never heard about this. I will ask my local pharmacy to see if they sell it there and if they don''t know what I''m talking about (there''s a good chance of this because a lot of treatments and medicines available in the US and Europe are not available here) then I will ask my Dr.
Here''s a website that talks about it: http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthconditionsqtoz/a/yeast_infection.htm

That site says it has a higher cure rate than Diflucan.

The form the pharmacy sells is ''powdered Boric Acid.'' It''s really cheap. Under $7.00. Before you try it, you can research a bit more and don''t use it if you''re very sensitive down there. Also, there is a product called ''Yeast Arrest,'' which is the same thing, but in fancy packaging. It works the same but is very expensive compared to the Boric Acid. Regardless of which of the two of those you use, the capsule has to be opened up first!

ETA - and I''m glad the Diflucan is working for you!
Thank you sooo much, MC. Really appreciate all the infor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results