shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you heard of these diamond brokers & r they reputable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
From this board I've recieved a lot of great info...I also now have a handful of diamond brokers with the trillion stones I have been looking for and I want to make a purchase and just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these businesses:

Triad Diamond
Paras International
JP Agarwal CO

They have all been great in communication & answering my questions, and I am so thrilled to finally be able to find some stones after a long hunt (Thanks Dave!!!)....

Cheers!

Divergrrl

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Where I asked for you are where these names came up. I doubt they will have much public track record. You are now playing with insiders....

Much luck.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Dave,

sounds verrrrrrrrrrrry 007...now if I only looked like Halle Berry in that orange bikini!! LOL

So, buyer beware huh? A few have offered to send to a jeweler w/ good refs (which I have ) to inspect stones, I'll go with that route to avoid less than scrupulous sellers & protect my $$.

What do you mean by "insiders"?

Off to metalsmithing class---back later!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not too 007 really. I think these vendors just want to make a sale and also help you out. They will send something to your jeweler to examine probably and then you can make the ring. Nothing too tricky.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I did some business with JP Agarwal when I had my retail store.

I was always pleased with their product, service & prices. No problems.

lacina

Shiny_Rock
I did some business with this company...
Very nice people,.. Good prices, medium quality cut,..
Yu will get what you pay for,...
Pair of 5 mm World class cut trillions on today's wholesale market
E-F color VS-VVS, goes anywhere from $1300- 1600 per carat.
They should have nice medium girdle and proper depth. They should weight
very close to .50 carats total Then you'll get the sparkle!
Best,
George
GLE GEM Imports

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lacina! Buddy! Thanks for the advice...but...which company? JP Argawal? You know, the prices I am getting are $1000 to $1400 per carat with carat weights from .37 to .44. ctw. I am so glad I asked for advice on this board, and props to Dave for posting my request.

Hey--- I just did my first bronze casting today with cuttlefish. LOL. Lovin' the torch action, the process of melting the metal was a blast. I was really surprised that it came out, I made a 5mm band, and let the natural pattern of the cuttlefish be the dominant theme just so I could see what it looked like. It looks a lot like the Elsa Peretti "bamboo" designs they sell at Tiffany's.

So, about that 19k white gold? I would like to try it as soon as I get efficient at casting. I've always wanted to do this and have a notebook full of drawings. We are encouraged to go buy gold to work with (I have some scrap 10k & 14k yellow, as well as a little 14k white) and I want to know what I need to do to get my hands on some. Probably a month down the road. Let me make my major mistakes on the materials provided in class! :tongue:

My email addy is [email protected]

Thanks again & have a great evening!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
David, David, David. Not Dave.... My apologies. My brother in law is a David who goes by Dave and I think it was a reflex...Thanks David!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results