shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you guys seen this? Forbes'' article on priciest diamonds...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
That emerald cut?????? It looks like those joke paperweights...I LOVE it. Forbes article

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting reading. Love the pictures
25.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pics were great!!!

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Ok, sooooo, I literally started drooling!
30.gif
That emerald is to die for, and that harry winston ring....let me just say..puffy heart love
30.gif
....sigh..........

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best part of that article. Aside from the pics:

"Take the flawless white diamond currently being offered by Sotheby''s Diamonds for $16 million. The stone is relatively hefty, weighing 108 carats. But it''s an absence of flaws that makes it worth acquiring. The clarity is rated ''D''--the highest level. "

Uh huh.

You''d think these people would at least check the bare MINIMUM of facts.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad someone finally explained this ring to me. I've seen it in several DeBeers ads and I could never figure out what was up.

DeBeersRing.jpg

De Beers "Kiss of the Rose"

Price: $1.2 Million

Carats: 10.09

The “Kiss of the Rose” features a flawless, pear-shaped, rose-cut diamond so clear that through it you can see a fancy intense pink .08 carat diamond set beneath. The two stones, in a platinum setting, are kept company by 2.49 carats of white pave diamonds.

The approx 7.5 carat clear diamond on top must magnify the pink one like a lens, since .08 carats wouldn't be relatively as big as it appears in the picture.

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 4:49:24 PM
Author: Gypsy
Best part of that article. Aside from the pics:

''Take the flawless white diamond currently being offered by Sotheby''s Diamonds for $16 million. The stone is relatively hefty, weighing 108 carats. But it''s an absence of flaws that makes it worth acquiring. The clarity is rated ''D''--the highest level. ''

Uh huh.

You''d think these people would at least check the bare MINIMUM of facts.
Hehe, I saw that right away too.
20.gif
so D is the new highest level of clarity huh? lol...geez....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*blows a BIG kiss at Franfine* Thanks for the article!

Fran, would love to hear from your more regularly....
2.gif
but this''ll do, I guess!
9.gif
35.gif

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 1:40:31 AM
Author: monarch64
*blows a BIG kiss at Franfine* Thanks for the article!

Fran, would love to hear from your more regularly....
2.gif
but this''ll do, I guess!
9.gif
35.gif

Awwww...I''m blushing! A big ole kiss back to you! I browse on here a lot, but I guess I''m still in mini-shock preparing to be a mommy! And still plan my wedding! I was freaked out because I have a Monique Lhuillier wedding gown that is sooooo beautiful but it has a bow, so then I thought we''d just have to alter the dress a bit to accomodate my growing tummy - you know, add a panel or something. Then, at my last fitting, instead of a cute basketball tummy, which I think is just adorable, it turned out that I''m filling out more areas than my tummy -
39.gif
- so after a stomping fit and meltdown which ended with me in muddled chiffon-clad heap on the floor, we finally decided to just move the wedding date back a bit. Next diamond thing for me is designing my ring with Leon. I am so excited...although it will look NOTHING like the ones in the Forbes article.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that pink pear.....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Graff Fancy Vivid Pink Pear Shaped Diamond

Price: $10 Million

Carats: 13

Graff doesn’t loan diamonds to celebrities, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have your own piece of red carpet bling. Collectors will be clamoring for this beauty, mounted in a platinum ring with white pear-shaped diamonds on both sides.

grafffancypink.jpg

blingless

Rough_Rock
I think the "kiss of the rose" is an awesome concept but I can't help thinking what a cool coffee table it would make. Firegoddess I like your pick. I think that's may favorite too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results