shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you guys seen this? Forbes'' article on priciest diamonds...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
That emerald cut?????? It looks like those joke paperweights...I LOVE it. Forbes article

Interesting reading. Love the pictures
25.gif

The pics were great!!!

Ok, sooooo, I literally started drooling!
30.gif
That emerald is to die for, and that harry winston ring....let me just say..puffy heart love
30.gif
....sigh..........

Best part of that article. Aside from the pics:

"Take the flawless white diamond currently being offered by Sotheby''s Diamonds for $16 million. The stone is relatively hefty, weighing 108 carats. But it''s an absence of flaws that makes it worth acquiring. The clarity is rated ''D''--the highest level. "

Uh huh.

You''d think these people would at least check the bare MINIMUM of facts.

I'm so glad someone finally explained this ring to me. I've seen it in several DeBeers ads and I could never figure out what was up.

DeBeersRing.jpg

De Beers "Kiss of the Rose"

Price: $1.2 Million

Carats: 10.09

The “Kiss of the Rose” features a flawless, pear-shaped, rose-cut diamond so clear that through it you can see a fancy intense pink .08 carat diamond set beneath. The two stones, in a platinum setting, are kept company by 2.49 carats of white pave diamonds.

The approx 7.5 carat clear diamond on top must magnify the pink one like a lens, since .08 carats wouldn't be relatively as big as it appears in the picture.

Date: 2/27/2007 4:49:24 PM
Author: Gypsy
Best part of that article. Aside from the pics:

''Take the flawless white diamond currently being offered by Sotheby''s Diamonds for $16 million. The stone is relatively hefty, weighing 108 carats. But it''s an absence of flaws that makes it worth acquiring. The clarity is rated ''D''--the highest level. ''

Uh huh.

You''d think these people would at least check the bare MINIMUM of facts.
Hehe, I saw that right away too.
20.gif
so D is the new highest level of clarity huh? lol...geez....

*blows a BIG kiss at Franfine* Thanks for the article!

Fran, would love to hear from your more regularly....
2.gif
but this''ll do, I guess!
9.gif
35.gif

Date: 2/28/2007 1:40:31 AM
Author: monarch64
*blows a BIG kiss at Franfine* Thanks for the article!

Fran, would love to hear from your more regularly....
2.gif
but this''ll do, I guess!
9.gif
35.gif

Awwww...I''m blushing! A big ole kiss back to you! I browse on here a lot, but I guess I''m still in mini-shock preparing to be a mommy! And still plan my wedding! I was freaked out because I have a Monique Lhuillier wedding gown that is sooooo beautiful but it has a bow, so then I thought we''d just have to alter the dress a bit to accomodate my growing tummy - you know, add a panel or something. Then, at my last fitting, instead of a cute basketball tummy, which I think is just adorable, it turned out that I''m filling out more areas than my tummy -
39.gif
- so after a stomping fit and meltdown which ended with me in muddled chiffon-clad heap on the floor, we finally decided to just move the wedding date back a bit. Next diamond thing for me is designing my ring with Leon. I am so excited...although it will look NOTHING like the ones in the Forbes article.

I love that pink pear.....

Graff Fancy Vivid Pink Pear Shaped Diamond

Price: $10 Million

Carats: 13

Graff doesn’t loan diamonds to celebrities, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have your own piece of red carpet bling. Collectors will be clamoring for this beauty, mounted in a platinum ring with white pear-shaped diamonds on both sides.

grafffancypink.jpg

I think the "kiss of the rose" is an awesome concept but I can't help thinking what a cool coffee table it would make. Firegoddess I like your pick. I think that's may favorite too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP