shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever wanted a piece of bling soooooo bad, only to

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...realise months or even years later that you didn't actually want it after all? That what you want is actually something else?

Some of you PS'ers may know that I've been after a 5ct RB for about 4 years now and I literally almost pulled the trigger on one recently (except that I couldn't put together the funds fast enough - only to end up eventually spending most of those designated funds elsewhere :naughty: , but anyway I digress).

Well, recently I had the pleasure of trying on a honking asscher at a local jewellery store and subsequently have tried on a few more. And you know what? I'm soooo crazily, madly in love with asschers!! :love: :love:

I've decided I'm now going to re-start my project and save my pretty penny to get a 6ct asscher (yes, 6ct since asschers face up so much smaller :(( ) later on, perhaps for my 50th birthday (but hopefully earlier - I have quite a few years yet, ha ha). I'm so relieved I didn't get a 5ct RB! It wouldn't have been a mistake per se, but I reckon I have enough RB's for now (yes, for now - though am still yearning for a Riviere necklace, perhaps years down the line). There are so many RB's around, esp where I live and asschers are so rare in this part of the world, that I just really didn't put two and two together. Now that I've had the pleasure of having tried them on, I truly think that asschers are so elegant, so regal and more importantly look just RIGHT on my finger, ya' know! :cheeky:

So has this happened to anyone of you? Have you been lusting after "THE ONE" for so long, only to realise that maybe you weren't so in love with it after all, but perhaps merely the notion of it?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re: Have you ever wanted a piece of bling soooooo bad, only

Yeah. As we see more variety & learn more, our tastes often change. I love asschers too -- totally understand your falling in love.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

First, I LOVE the new focus of your obsession, Phoenix, and I think you're going to be really happy with a honkin' Asscher.

Second, YES! It has happened to me. I was SET on getting a yellow sapphire engagement ring for years and years. I could not imagine myself wearing anything other than a big, yellow sapphire. Then, we went ring shopping and I tried on a modern cushion diamond and BAM! That was what I wanted. Then the antique cushion craze hit PS and now I'm the very satisfied owner of an antique cushion. So, I completely understand your change of heart. I think it's only normal to change your mind about these large projects when you put a lot of time and energy into it because over time your tastes do change.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes, I think people's tastes are constantly changing. I would love to acquire a few new diamonds of varying cuts :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Sure, I think everyone is that way about everything. Otherwise, we'd all be living in our first houses (which we scrimped and saved for), driving our first car, etc. That's what drives the economy, people's tastes constantly changing.

It's a blessing and a curse for all humans.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

I haven't this happen (yet) :wink2: but I must say I cannot WAIT to see this gigantic Asscher that you get. I will be drooling all over my keyboard :cheeky: I LOVE my Asscher and the fact that it is so unique. I can honestly say that even though I live in a very large city and have traveled extensively, I have NEVER seen another woman (or man) rocking one in real life.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock

I can understand your asscher love... I am wanting a asscher eterninty band. But I want one that is big enough to notice that they are asscher but still small enough to be right on my size 4.5 finger.

Like others I will be waiting to see your HONKER.

:bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix I think you need to talk to GOG about a 6ct Octavia 8)

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock

Haha...isn't that what I said when you tried on that asscher? That it looks BEAUTIFUL on you?! You don't need another RB....you have so many... :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I suspect that what would really make me happy is a 2ct low colored old cut stone. But since my diamond budget is gone and spent on my RB, I doubt it will ever happen. I am happy with what I have, and love my RB and will love the three stone setting it will be in soon, but suspect I would be even happier with a unique and unusual stone like Haven has. Que sera! You can't have it all in life.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yep, there are a few items I really wanted and then the novelty wore off before I had the funds set aside. There are a few pieces I bought before I realized I wasn't going to wear them enough to justify the purchase, which pretty much sucks. lol! Nothing worse than a diamond piece just sitting there! There are two items I want now and one is from BN and isn't very much $, so no big deal. The other is something I would like but know I'll grow bored of after six months, so I'm going to go the fashion route for that.

Phoenix - glad you decided what you'll most enjoy!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha ha, I knew I could count on you guys for bling support! :))

It'll be another long few years (but not too many, I hope) before I get to my target!

I think I will take baby steps this time. Yssie, I like the idea of asking Jon to cut me a 6ct Octavia but that'd cost a bomb, so perhaps I will start with a smaller one first and keep upgrading until I get to the big honker! :naughty: All, I don't know yet what kind of asscher I'd like. I've tried a couple of modern ones and an antique one and loved them all, ha ha :devil: . DiaDiva, yes, that was what started my love affair with asschers - talk about fate! :)) Thanks for accompanying me and for yr encouragement - talking about PS enabling! :cheeky: ha ha . Haven, I love love love :love: your antique diamond ring - you've absolutely made the right choice. Dreamer, I can't wait to see your new 3-stone ring (don't get me wrong, I still really love RB's, particularly BGD's, it's just time for something different, a little variety ya' know :praise: ). MC, I know what you mean and that's why I'm taking it one step at a time this time, and that's also why it's important for me to start with a company that has many different varieties and that also has a good upgrading program. You never know, right?

Oh btw, diamondseeker, if you're reading this, I'm about to take a 360 degree about-turn! I'm taking possession of my 2.66ct BGD milgrained pendant. DH told me that I was silly to have wanted to consign it - since I already bought it and at a decent price too. We'll just have to start saving for this new project again. Phew, talk about me being fickle! ;)) Lucky I am not like that when it comes to investing otherwise we'd have no money to pay for my bling, he he....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1307678965|2942305 said:

It'll be another long few years (but not too many, I hope) before I get to my target!

I think I will take baby steps this time. Yssie, I like the idea of asking Jon to cut me a 6ct Octavia but that'd cost a bomb, so perhaps I will start with a smaller one first and keep upgrading until I get to the big honker! :naughty: All, I don't know yet what kind of asscher I'd like. I've tried a couple of modern ones and an antique one and loved them all, ha ha :devil: . DiaDiva, yes, that was what started my love affair with asschers - talk about fate! :)) Thanks for accompanying me and for yr encouragement - talking about PS enabling! :cheeky: ha ha . Haven, I love love love :love: your antique diamond ring - you've absolutely made the right choice. Dreamer, I can't wait to see your new 3-stone ring (don't get me wrong, I still really love RB's, particularly BGD's, it's just time for something different, a litlle variety ya' know :praise: ).

sounds good to me!!.. :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1307678965|2942305 said:

I think I will take baby steps this time. Yssie, I like the idea of asking Jon to cut me a 6ct Octavia but that'd cost a bomb, so perhaps I will start with a smaller one first and keep upgrading until I get to the big honker! :naughty: All, I don't know yet what kind of asscher I'd like. I've tried a couple of modern ones and an antique one and loved them all, ha ha :devil: . DiaDiva, yes, that was what started my love affair with asschers - talk about fate! :)) Thanks for accompanying me and for yr encouragement - talking about PS enabling! :cheeky: ha ha . Haven, I love love love :love: your antique diamond ring - you've absolutely made the right choice. Dreamer, I can't wait to see your new 3-stone ring (don't get me wrong, I still really love RB's, particularly BGD's, it's just time for something different, a little variety ya' know :praise: ). MC, I know what you mean and that's why I'm taking it one step at a time this time, and that's also why it's important for me to start with a company that has many different varieties and that also has a good upgrading program. You never know, right?

Oh btw, diamondseeker, if you're reading this, I'm about to take a 360 degree about-turn! I'm taking possession of my 2.66ct BGD milgrained pendant. DH told me that I was silly to have wanted to consign it - since I already bought it and at a decent price too. We'll just have to start saving for this new project again. Phew, talk about me being fickle! ;)) Lucky I am not like that when it comes to investing otherwise we'd have no money to pay for my bling, he he....

Oh, that is wonderful news! I agree with your DH! I can't wait to see it, although I fear that it will make me have pendant DSS! :bigsmile:

And Phoenix, I really, really think your idea of waiting for a larger asscher makes SO much sense! You have beautiful rounds and a pear already, and I think asscher and emerald cut are absolutely gorgeous and the best shapes for very large stones!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1307764017|2943093 said:
Oh, that is wonderful news! I agree with your DH! I can't wait to see it, although I fear that it will make me have pendant DSS! :bigsmile:

And Phoenix, I really, really think your idea of waiting for a larger asscher makes SO much sense! You have beautiful rounds and a pear already, and I think asscher and emerald cut are absolutely gorgeous and the best shapes for very large stones!

Thank you, diamondseeker. Your pendant is soooo gorgeous and much higher-quality than mine. Don't forget that mine is an Si2. If I'd gone for VVS, I'd have got a much much smaller stone. I think Yssie (I think it was Yssie) was right, I'm mostly about size me, he he!! :devil:

I agree that EC's (which I've always loved) and asschers (which I "discovered" IRL recently) are absolutely gorgeous and elegant, particularly in higher caratages! :love:

Here're a taster of my pendant - a glamour photo from BGD. I'll post a thread of it in SMTB once I've managed to get my grubby hands on it, he he! :rodent:

2.656ct pendant 1.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've already started on my upgrade program. Check out my new Octavia on SMTB! :devil: :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results