shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever seen a sapphire like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daral123

Rough_Rock
I was in the diamond district in NYC looking for a sapphire to set in a semi-mount that i already have and i was shown a stone that the vendor said was a sapphire. this is: he didn''t have ANY paperwork on it. but he said that it was a sapphire from sri lanka. the reason that i am unsure if it is actually a sapphire is because of its color. The stone is a Deep translucent blue with flashes of red and purple. He called it a blue/purple sapphire and said that it was rare.

I''ve never even heard of a sapphire showing flashes like this. What do you think?

The sapphire was 2.13 carats, cushion cut, measuring 6.5x6.5x5.3

he is asking $600 for the stone.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Sorry I can't answer your question but I would like to know where you went. I am looking for some sapphires as well. I was given a lot of web sites by a very helpful person here on the boards ( sorry don't remember the name ) but I would also like to see some up close and personal.

Thanks bunches
wavey.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Without viewing the stone, it's impossible to know for sure what it is. But sapphires come in all colors of the rainbow (red "sapphires" are rubies), and bluish purple is by no means unheard of.

The price sounds a tad low unless it's a pretty dark stone.

Gemstudded

Rough_Rock
It is possibly a colour-change Sapphire. Sapphires come in almost ever colour and African stones have the most variety. It is possible this could be an African Sapphire rather than a Ceylon(Sri Lankan) although there is no reason why it can't be a Ceylon. There are many types of colour-change Sapphires and the most common of these are blue with a purple flash. $600 seems a good price for 2ct plus but not overly cheap. Ceylons are more expensive than African.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like Haven! But when things are too goog to be true... they most likely are. The price is quite low for a translucent stone without detracting inclusions, fashionable cut and even more fashionable colour. But, since this color has been getting more common due to a new "wave" of rough in these shades (this is about a few months old wave), your stone has 90%chances of being the real thing. Get it if is nice
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results