shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever seen a ring setting for a 0.05ct diamond?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a diamond from my mom's original wedding ring. And that ring was originally her grandmother's ring! She had the stones made into two sets of earrings, but there is one diamond left. Have you ever seen a dainty setting for a 0.05ct diamond? Or should I simply have it made into a tiny pendant?

Thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes set in a wedding band.

0876.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This reminds me of my first diamond ring. I think it's 0.05 ct, super dainty and sweet. I never wear it though and I personally think the diamond is too small for a solitaire pendant... As you see I haven't found a better place for it either so unfortunately cant give any help. I am saving it for a younger relative some day.

//aca :wavey:

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Check out the Tiffany Elsa Peretti line - the dbty chain ring features a 7pt diamond and the 'wave 5 row' has a 5pt in it. I'm sure I've seen another Tiffany ring that has a thin band with a dangling diamond of 5pt or maybe smaller. It was very delicate and pretty design.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In a plate mounted on onyx, colored gem, or filigree metal. There aren't particularly attractive rings. But I just picked them off ebay to give examples of the general format.
ring2_78.jpg
ring1_71.jpg
ring3_46.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are really great options! Thanks everyone! I have to say, my favourite so far is the one just posted by marymm :)

Thank you!! I'll post back when I have a finished product :)

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've always been fascinated by what designers of years gone by could do with tiny diamonds. To get a good idea of what I'm talking about have a look at Leigh Jay Naught's website - http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?min_size=0.1&max_size=4&min_price=295&max_price=37950&sortPrice=LOWEST&id=20&cc_filter=yes&faction1=Go

Here's an example - Art Deco with a .05ct diamond. Not sure if I'm attaching the picture correctly so I'll attach the link as well. http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=5666

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/images/VR140919-13d.jpg

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What's neat about these old rings is how elaborate they are. The original buyer traded stone cost for labor cost. At the time the ratios were different and you got a lot more bang for your buck by choosing labor-intensive. To me, it makes the old rings more precious because the value of the labor in them has increased so much.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChristineRose said:
What's neat about these old rings is how elaborate they are. The original buyer traded stone cost for labor cost. At the time the ratios were different and you got a lot more bang for your buck by choosing labor-intensive. To me, it makes the old rings more precious because the value of the labor in them has increased so much.

That is such an interesting point!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results