shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever known anyone on a reality show?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
In the past week, two people I know have been on reality shows. One was a local neighborhood girl on a beauty pageant show (didn''t win) and one was my former decorator who won the contest. He gets $100k to set up a new business in Los Angeles and a spread in a decorating magazine.

The girl came off awful (petty, trashy) and the decorator came off well. But since the giril was young, I wonder how her parents (whom I barely know) feel about her actions. She was swearing, a poor loser, and just generally very rude. She is my worst fear as to how my daughers could turn out.

Have you ever known anyone on a reality show?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
funny, perfect timing. yep. one of the guys on survivor this season.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never known anyone on a reality show! Was your decorator the guy who won Top Design? I liked his style but thought Carissa should have won the last challenge - I really loved her loft.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I knew a girl who was on MTV's Real World.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I knew a guy on the dating show "Change of Heart"

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, went to college with a girl from Road Rules and my old roommate used to work with a different girl that was on the Real World too!

golden

Shiny_Rock

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only if you count shows like Blind Date, Room Raiders, Next, etc. Those shows are all hired actors so a lot of my friends/coworkers have been on them
2.gif
they make them say the most embarrassingly stupid things on those shows!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and i didn''t know him personally, but i had friends that knew a guy on MTV road rules.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take it back - I knew someone on who was on HGTV''s Weekend Warriors (home improvement show)...but I don''t really classify that as reality tv.
5.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, I forgot, I also knew a guy who was on MTV''s Taildaters but that show is canceled now and I never watched it.
3.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I had a friend who went on Blind Date! But she was definitely not a paid actor. But she hated it, and said the guy was a total jerk, and that the other 2 girls were awful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know a guy on the Real World. He''s a friend from High School and I swam on the same swim team as him. I also saw a girl from high school on the show "NEXT," but I hardly knew her.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I had a friend in college who was on American Idol season 2. She didn''t make the top 12, but she did get a pretty good bit of air time in the preliminary rounds and Hollywood week. She was in the room that got sent home.

I also knew a girl (not well, but through mutual friends) who made it to the voting rounds season 3. That was back when only 2 people/group made it through or whatever. She was also 1st runner up for Miss USA when Tara Conner won.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I knew a woman who was on Boot Camp, a Fox reality TV show that aired about 9 years ago. I also had a friend who was on Love Connection.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Byron the pro fisherman on The Batchelor. Good friends with him and his ex. lol

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:43:40 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Never known anyone on a reality show! Was your decorator the guy who won Top Design? I liked his style but thought Carissa should have won the last challenge - I really loved her loft.
Yep. I hadn''t been watching the show all along. I didn''t even know he was on until they announced it on the local news. I agree with you. For the last one, I liked her design much better.

Oh, I also knew a guy on Design on a Dime. I forgot about that one.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:38:53 PM
Author: jcrow
funny, perfect timing. yep. one of the guys on survivor this season.
which one?

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i knew the current bachelor. i dated one of his roommates in san diego.
i also knew a couple that was on house hunters.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
I was on the now defunct PERFECT PROPOSAL show for TLC. Now I wasn''t the one getting proposed to. I was the "friend" who help set it up.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 12:05:42 AM
Author: sistagrl2004
I was on the now defunct PERFECT PROPOSAL show for TLC. Now I wasn''t the one getting proposed to. I was the ''friend'' who help set it up.
How funny! I know the host, Nikki, from Perfect Proposal - her husband is on "The Office". Come to think of it, I know a lot of people on TV.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I had a destination wedding in Key West and had hired a local wedding coordinator to help plan it. My wedding coordinator''s assistant was Willie from the Real World - Philadelphia. He was the one who tied all the custom tags onto my favors!

The funny part was that I had no idea until the day before my wedding. My husband and I were meeting with the two of them, and we both kept looking at Willie. My husband finally asked him if we had met him previously--if he was from Chicago or something because he looked so familiar! Willie very sheepishly said, no, you probably saw me on tv on the Real World. My husband and I looked at each other and were like, oh! We don''t even watch that show, but probably had caught parts of a few episodes when he was in it. Crazy...

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I know the girl who came in 2nd on survivor last season (we went to hs together, we weren''t in the same group of friends, but our class was only 100 people, so we all knew each other pretty well and she was always sooo nice). I also know the guy from the first "real gilligans island" the one that was the cute gilligan (Gilligan Chris) -- he was friends with my brother...they both moved out to LA last I heard

I also know a guy who was on elimidate, he''s a friend of a friend and a manager at a nightclub in boston that we used to go to all the time.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
reality show, no.

My sister is pretty popular in Japan though
emsmilep.gif

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
I have a friend who was on Room Raiders (they filmed it in my area, so I think in addition to my friend there were two girls from my high school who were also on) and my old fencing coach was on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire daytime version, though he got out at I think the $25k mark if not before.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
My roommate was on the show Change of Heart and a guy from my high school was on the show Love Cruise.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 11:12:43 AM
Author: VegasAngel
reality show, no.

My sister is pretty popular in Japan though
emsmilep.gif
OK, I''ll bite -- what does that mean ?
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly I know quite a few. A girl I went to college w/ was on Survivor a few seasons ago, a guy that I knew in Baltimore moved to San Diego and "won" "Love Cruise" or some awful romance reality show where they were on a boat, and some random people from college who have been on all of those random make-over/decorating type shows, etc. I worked with the girl, Ivana who was on the Apprentice a few seasons ago as well- I was mortified when she stripped down in the final challenge she lost.

My husband grew up w/ "Trish" who was pretty notorious on the Bachelor a few seasons back. His mom was initially so excited for her to be on it, then when she ended up being a nightmare it was fairly hilarious.

There are so many of these shows out there now that it''s almost impossible NOT to know someone who has been on one!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 12:14:21 PM
Author: dtnyc
Sadly I know quite a few. A girl I went to college w/ was on Survivor a few seasons ago, a guy that I knew in Baltimore moved to San Diego and ''won'' ''Love Cruise'' or some awful romance reality show where they were on a boat, and some random people from college who have been on all of those random make-over/decorating type shows, etc. I worked with the girl, Ivana who was on the Apprentice a few seasons ago as well- I was mortified when she stripped down in the final challenge she lost.

My husband grew up w/ ''Trish'' who was pretty notorious on the Bachelor a few seasons back. His mom was initially so excited for her to be on it, then when she ended up being a nightmare it was fairly hilarious.

There are so many of these shows out there now that it''s almost impossible NOT to know someone who has been on one!
Hey dtnyc - I posted that I knew someone from Love Cruise - I went to high school with him and I could''ve sworn he won the show too. Is the guy Darin Triolo??

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 12:28:19 PM
Author: blushingbride
Date: 4/13/2007 12:14:21 PM

Author: dtnyc

Sadly I know quite a few. A girl I went to college w/ was on Survivor a few seasons ago, a guy that I knew in Baltimore moved to San Diego and ''won'' ''Love Cruise'' or some awful romance reality show where they were on a boat, and some random people from college who have been on all of those random make-over/decorating type shows, etc. I worked with the girl, Ivana who was on the Apprentice a few seasons ago as well- I was mortified when she stripped down in the final challenge she lost.

My husband grew up w/ ''Trish'' who was pretty notorious on the Bachelor a few seasons back. His mom was initially so excited for her to be on it, then when she ended up being a nightmare it was fairly hilarious.

Hey dtnyc - I posted that I knew someone from Love Cruise - I went to high school with him and I could''ve sworn he won the show too. Is the guy Darin Triolo??
Yes- Darin- he used to have longish hair? I knew him like 6 years ago when I lived in downtown Bmore- he was out all of the time (as was I!) and my friends and called him Antonio Bandana, because he had longish antonio-banderaseque hair and he would wear a bandana. He was a nice guy- kinda seemed quiet and when he showed up on that show I was shocked- it was really random.
Here is a pic of him-

http://www.survivorblows.com/lovecruisesinks/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results