shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever invited anyone to join...

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope? If so, who? And did someone invite you or how did you find ps?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! My husband is the only person who knows I’m a member. The rest of my family and all my friends would look at me sideways if I told them I was on a diamond forum.

I got here after doing a Google search. I must have been researching a piece of jewellery and found a link.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Only because no one I know IRL (besides the friends I made on PS) loves jewelry as much as I do.

My DH is the only one who knows I am a member of PS. In fact he is the one who first found PS for me when I was looking to reset my second ER.

So it's not that I am keeping it a secret but it's that nobody besides PSers (and my DH) share my passion for jewelry.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
No. My husband is the only one that knows the extend of my weakness (and supports it ).
Y'all are truly my bling sisters.
I'm sometimes teased about my love of jewelry by my daughter and sister.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, a second cousin that was looking for an ering. I dont think he joined though. He just wanted help with finding a good
stone but didnt really want to learn about them.

I found PS googling when I was searching for info on diamonds for my 10th-anniversary gift.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No and no.

I was researching on where to get a decent EC diamond over 1ct that I could pick and choose in person, and found Diamondhouse in Antwerp via PS back in 2004/5.

DK :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No & no. I found PS when googling for advice after my pear fell from the setting & the jeweller, the same one who made the setting, butchered it & then washed his hands of it. Been here ever since!

My husband knows & my mother loosely knows i am part of a jewellery forum & have "Internet friends" but my family would think I'm mad.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found PS on my own when I was searching online for CS info ... the CS forum is still my true PS home and the forum I check first, every day :)

My DH knows I belong to this community, and I do mention it vaguely if I'm talking jewelry with my mom or sisters ...

I doubt any of them actually know/remember the name and none of them know my member name (although I put the info in my estate plan for my DH, in case he needs advice when it comes to any of my pieces).

There is no one I know who shares my passion for stones/jewelry (except my DH lol), and actually I prefer that this is my own place.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I found PS on a google search years ago. I haven't recommended it to any of my friends, only because they're not into jewellery like I am BUT I have recommended it to some (Aussie) jewellers, especially those that have commented negatively on my N coloured AVC and clearly needed educating! ;-)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I found PS while researching antique jewellery after receiving a gift. I've invited people to join but so far, I haven't heard positive feedback about the site and my friends haven't joined. Sad.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I used to search different sizes of diamonds and combinations of bands on the hand and the searches always led me here. I think it took me years to sign up though. I always remember the solitaire ring @frankiextah had coming up and how gorgeous it was with a different width wedding band. It helped cement my love for stacking. I think I still have it on my Pinterest board.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found PS while researching antique jewellery after receiving a gift. I've invited people to join but so far, I haven't heard positive feedback about the site and my friends haven't joined. Sad.

You can lead a horse to water......

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
No, as much as I love diamonds myself, I find it uncomfortable to discuss them in real life (except with people that also like diamonds). I feel like it's OK to have nice things, but not to talk about them unless asked.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Only my DH and sister know. I found PS when I was researching for my engagement ring in 2009/2010 and lurked ever since because I found a group of people equally if not more in love with all things jewelry than me! I only recently mustered up any courage to start posting!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I feel like I’m way too obsessed with jewelery and if I told people I was a member they would never understand.
Also, I would be embarrassed if they found my username and looked me up. I’d be embarrassed if they found out about my stacker collection or my obsession with soft claw prongs :lol: or my upgrades.
My husband knows I’m on PS but even he doesn’t know the extent of my madness. Only my Pricescopers understand. =)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a friend that reads here but she does not post....lol y'all intimidate her. I told her to post the eff up. :lol: I don't care, dosen't bother me because I say what I say in front of her. I won't out her unless she decides to respond here.

I refer to PS as "a jewelry forum." I feel when people hear that they just think, "Oh cute. AnaBeav has a hobby!"

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My husband knows. I call PSers "my jewelry ladies" :lol: since only PSers really get it...my husband finds the whole thing amusing and a bit terrifying because of my growing wishlist haha. I found PS a bit too late (after I bought a diamond I didn't like/didnt know better) but was able to find an incredible replacement

My mom has even worked for a jeweler, I mentioned it (and to my sister) in passing, but they don't care

The only pressure I have put on anyone is that I have demanded that my sister's boyfriend and my husband's brother talk to me before they propose because they are both clueless and bound to be utterly ripped off!!!! I plan to seek help here on their behalf whether they like it or not

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
DH knows, but anyone else in my life would just give me blank stares if I started talking about PS. If I recall correctly, I found PS via LT. I was searching for pre-loved engagement rings, and found LT, and someone's listing mentioned PS, so of course I had to google it, and here we are.

ETA: DH finds it odd that we don't openly talk about the prices of stones/projects/pieces, because as he says "Price is literally in the name!" :lol:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I have told one friend but I doubt that she joined. She is probably the only friend I have that is interested and has the ability to buy jewelry. I found PS while researching selling preloved jewelry for an older relative.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've definitely recommended it to friends but doubt anyone is as keen on jewellery as I am.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results