shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever invited anyone to join...

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope? If so, who? And did someone invite you or how did you find ps?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! My husband is the only person who knows I’m a member. The rest of my family and all my friends would look at me sideways if I told them I was on a diamond forum.

I got here after doing a Google search. I must have been researching a piece of jewellery and found a link.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Only because no one I know IRL (besides the friends I made on PS) loves jewelry as much as I do.

My DH is the only one who knows I am a member of PS. In fact he is the one who first found PS for me when I was looking to reset my second ER.

So it's not that I am keeping it a secret but it's that nobody besides PSers (and my DH) share my passion for jewelry.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, a second cousin that was looking for an ering. I dont think he joined though. He just wanted help with finding a good
stone but didnt really want to learn about them.

I found PS googling when I was searching for info on diamonds for my 10th-anniversary gift.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No and no.

I was researching on where to get a decent EC diamond over 1ct that I could pick and choose in person, and found Diamondhouse in Antwerp via PS back in 2004/5.

DK :))

Alex T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No & no. I found PS when googling for advice after my pear fell from the setting & the jeweller, the same one who made the setting, butchered it & then washed his hands of it. Been here ever since!

My husband knows & my mother loosely knows i am part of a jewellery forum & have "Internet friends" but my family would think I'm mad.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found PS on my own when I was searching online for CS info ... the CS forum is still my true PS home and the forum I check first, every day :)

My DH knows I belong to this community, and I do mention it vaguely if I'm talking jewelry with my mom or sisters ...

I doubt any of them actually know/remember the name and none of them know my member name (although I put the info in my estate plan for my DH, in case he needs advice when it comes to any of my pieces).

There is no one I know who shares my passion for stones/jewelry (except my DH lol), and actually I prefer that this is my own place.

GeorgieQ

Shiny_Rock
I found PS on a google search years ago. I haven't recommended it to any of my friends, only because they're not into jewellery like I am BUT I have recommended it to some (Aussie) jewellers, especially those that have commented negatively on my N coloured AVC and clearly needed educating! ;-)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I found PS while researching antique jewellery after receiving a gift. I've invited people to join but so far, I haven't heard positive feedback about the site and my friends haven't joined. Sad.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I used to search different sizes of diamonds and combinations of bands on the hand and the searches always led me here. I think it took me years to sign up though. I always remember the solitaire ring @frankiextah had coming up and how gorgeous it was with a different width wedding band. It helped cement my love for stacking. I think I still have it on my Pinterest board.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I feel like I’m way too obsessed with jewelery and if I told people I was a member they would never understand.
Also, I would be embarrassed if they found my username and looked me up. I’d be embarrassed if they found out about my stacker collection or my obsession with soft claw prongs :lol: or my upgrades.
My husband knows I’m on PS but even he doesn’t know the extent of my madness. Only my Pricescopers understand. =)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a friend that reads here but she does not post....lol y'all intimidate her. I told her to post the eff up. :lol: I don't care, dosen't bother me because I say what I say in front of her. I won't out her unless she decides to respond here.

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
My husband knows. I call PSers "my jewelry ladies" :lol: since only PSers really get it...my husband finds the whole thing amusing and a bit terrifying because of my growing wishlist haha. I found PS a bit too late (after I bought a diamond I didn't like/didnt know better) but was able to find an incredible replacement

My mom has even worked for a jeweler, I mentioned it (and to my sister) in passing, but they don't care

The only pressure I have put on anyone is that I have demanded that my sister's boyfriend and my husband's brother talk to me before they propose because they are both clueless and bound to be utterly ripped off!!!! I plan to seek help here on their behalf whether they like it or not

lala646

Shiny_Rock
DH knows, but anyone else in my life would just give me blank stares if I started talking about PS. If I recall correctly, I found PS via LT. I was searching for pre-loved engagement rings, and found LT, and someone's listing mentioned PS, so of course I had to google it, and here we are.

ETA: DH finds it odd that we don't openly talk about the prices of stones/projects/pieces, because as he says "Price is literally in the name!" :lol:

Piper70

Rough_Rock
I have told one friend but I doubt that she joined. She is probably the only friend I have that is interested and has the ability to buy jewelry. I found PS while researching selling preloved jewelry for an older relative.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've definitely recommended it to friends but doubt anyone is as keen on jewellery as I am.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    The Jewelry of Bling Empire
    The Jewelry of Bling Empire
    April Birthstone 2021 - Diamond
    April Birthstone 2021 - Diamond
    SAG Awards 2021
    SAG Awards 2021

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.