shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you customized with LOGR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I know many of you had ordered rings from LOGR with specified customer sizes. Here by customize I meant if you had found a ring design NOT offered by LOGR, and have them ''bring it to life''? Can you please share your story? Do you like your experience? Is it easy to specify your gem size? Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I did email LOGR quite some time ago for a quote on a three stone pink gold ring without diamonds to fit very specific size stones. Never heard back from them. I think if it''s not close to something in their inventory, then they probably can''t do it. I also emailed them about specific rings in their inventory and asked to customize them for much different size heads, I did not get a lot of options. For example, there was one ring I wanted for a 11x6 rectangular stone, and they couldn''t customize any of their rectangular settings except for one that I didn''t like. It was a setting without a fancy gallery, so I think it would be a ring that would be easy to reuse the mold on by cutting it and making it bigger. I suspect, but don''t know, if they will make a brand new mold and bring your own design to life. It has to be one in their inventory.

Also be careful about customizing one in their inventory too much, I had that done, and the head was a bit asymmetrical and the workmanship was lacking. Others have mentioned the same thing. I think when they do customize their own settings, they do it very quickly and easily, without much attention to care. Therefore, from now on, I always try to get a more calibrated size stone.

Hope that helps.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
TL, thanks much for sharing your experience!

I have a few not-so-expensive stones (<$600) that I would love to see mounted but don''t want to spend thousands on custom made rings. I have designs that I love and I guess I can live with LOGR quality as long as the diamonds are upgrades. I recently emailed LOGR with one of the design picture, and got a quote back in two days! It definitely cost more than the already made LOGR rings with similar amount of diamonds, but still much less than a truly custom ring. I asked more questions, again got the response in a reasonable amount of time. And I was promised that I could still return this custom-made ring if I change my mind, except $50 non-refundable labor cost. All sounds very reasonable. I am not sure this design will be a simple modification of their existing mold but here is the link to the design

I am feeling quite tempted. Shall I try it?
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results