shape
carat
color
clarity

Have the earring rules relaxed in your work environment?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
What you can put in the microwave?????

Lol.

No fish, no popcorn, no pizza, and nothing that was previously fried. Cold food that is smelly, like tuna fish sandwiches are also discouraged.

You also have to put a lid on your coffee cup as you walk in the hallways. Or any other cup.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work in a public school, in special education.
I've worked with kids for 30 years, but when I started at this district two years ago, I asked if there was a dress code. The HR ladies were surprised I asked, but printed out a copy for me. It clearly was written years ago, as one of the lines is: " no dungarees." Mostly, it's a casual Friday for jeans thing.
There is nothing in the "dress code" about earrings. Some wear long, funky, dangling earrings, some wear nothing at all. I tend to let my current assignment dictate what I wear. Some of my kiddoes are young or more likely to try to grab, some are not. Usually, a small hoop or dangle is fine.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol.

No fish, no popcorn, no pizza, and nothing that was previously fried. Cold food that is smelly, like tuna fish sandwiches are also discouraged.

You also have to put a lid on your coffee cup as you walk in the hallways. Or any other cup.

No popcorn! I would die, I eat it daily as a snack at work, lol. I can understand fish

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
As I mentioned previously, my workplace is hip, young and casual, with very lax dress code.....and I usually wear studs (diamond or pearl) which is ultra conservative IMO. I should test the the company boundaries when I get back to work, since I got my nose pierced earlier this year. Do you think this will be too much? nose+chain.jpg

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I worked for a huge corporation in the IT industry, so dress codes were pretty lax, no shorts, no flip flops, no ripped jeans.... that sort of thing.

But one of my colleague did get a verbal reprimand from HR for wearing a tiara to work. Guess that was the line in the sand, lol.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No popcorn! I would die, I eat it daily as a snack at work, lol. I can understand fish

Pop corn is banned in our house :(2
He can't stand the smell
My workmates at my last job didn't really like ny corn in the microwave - i cook it in its leaves for 3 min
but hay - its just leaves
So i ignored their complaining :mrgreen2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@moneymeister this thread has given us a few laughs :appl:

Well not your workplace accident stories
I always wanted to get my OH some nice man jewlery (you know because Bruce Springsteen rocks the man jewlwey) but Gary, a builder-cabinet maker has seen too many horrible accidents - when he was married as just a young man he wouldn't even wear his wedding ring for fear of a degloving

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Working in law firm management most of my life, we had dress codes but not relating to jewelry. No bare legs, leggings, sandals, flip flops, open shoulders, denims or garish makeup. Visible tattoos in the 80s and 90s were verboten. I gotta say, wearing pantyhose in Miami for so many years was sheer torture.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Working in law firm management most of my life, we had dress codes but not relating to jewelry. No bare legs, leggings, sandals, flip flops, open shoulders, denims or garish makeup. Visible tattoos in the 80s and 90s were verboten. I gotta say, wearing pantyhose in Miami for so many years was sheer torture.

Pantyhose in a garden centre are redicoulss, id be lucky if they lasted the day without getting an unsightly ladder from a rose prickle

Trully horrible things

I’ve never had a jewelry dress code! Though no one in my workplace tends to wear a lot of it. There is an outfit dress code though - no jeans for example, except on casual Fridays and no ripped up clothes, tshirts etc. Heels and flats are both acceptable, also boots but no slippers or sandals. Visible tattoos are mostly also frowned upon (unless it’s something like a small forearm tattoo, and interestingly I’ve never noticed one on a woman). Ear piercings - even multiple, on women (not more than 3 in one ear though that I have noticed) and nose piercings are fine, but I suspect only on women since there isn’t a single guy in my office who has one (I don’t know if it just so happened that way or it’s by design but yes). It’s mostly just a typical office dress code.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Catch up time!

@foxinsox
Interesting that you have "levels" of dress and notice that exec level wear would be noticed by your peers. I'm in IT/data relevant to community social work and have a casual dress code in general. I do dress up for meetings.
Strange, but the work from home has seemed to relax dress standards for us too. I agree - wonder if things will tighten back up when our lives do.

@missy
You always look beautiful and so put together. I can see your dangles in the picture. That dress is darling! You should enjoy your bling, masks or not. During this stressful time,the sparkles may help brighten things up for us.

@chrono
I hope you make up for the jewelry limitations on the weekend! You have lovely jewels.

@autumngems
Sounds straightforward on the dress, and reasonable. Do they have any rules on jewelry?

@dk168 Aha, thought maybe so :)

@JPie Okay, I thought maybe it was a generational thing and I'm just so old school. I can remember when wearing dress pants were controversial :) It's good you don't have to severely limit jewelry choices.

@elizat
"...rules for clothing and shoes, as well as what you can put in the microwave and office decor, but no rules for jewelry" This is the first time I have ever heard of food rules. It's practical but a little amusing too. There goes the afternoon snack popcorn rituals enjoyed by many :)
It does not sound like an environment that would welcome crazy jewelry.

@KaeKae
"no dungarees." Ha, I remember those statements, but I am not exactly honed in on what a "dungaree" is, except casual pants of some sort. That work is pretty archaic. Around children, it would make sense to dress for the day you might have! Sounds like a nice environment to dress for - flexible.

@jaysonsmom
Do it! :) on hidden camera though. I remember a few girls rocking this in highschool in the 80's. I was jealous :)

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catch up time!

@foxinsox
Interesting that you have "levels" of dress and notice that exec level wear would be noticed by your peers. I'm in IT/data relevant to community social work and have a casual dress code in general. I do dress up for meetings.
Strange, but the work from home has seemed to relax dress standards for us too. I agree - wonder if things will tighten back up when our lives do.

@missy
You always look beautiful and so put together. I can see your dangles in the picture. That dress is darling! You should enjoy your bling, masks or not. During this stressful time,the sparkles may help brighten things up for us.

@chrono
I hope you make up for the jewelry limitations on the weekend! You have lovely jewels.

@autumngems
Sounds straightforward on the dress, and reasonable. Do they have any rules on jewelry?

@dk168 Aha, thought maybe so :)

@JPie Okay, I thought maybe it was a generational thing and I'm just so old school. I can remember when wearing dress pants were controversial :) It's good you don't have to severely limit jewelry choices.

@elizat
"...rules for clothing and shoes, as well as what you can put in the microwave and office decor, but no rules for jewelry" This is the first time I have ever heard of food rules. It's practical but a little amusing too. There goes the afternoon snack popcorn rituals enjoyed by many :)
It does not sound like an environment that would welcome crazy jewelry.

@KaeKae
"no dungarees." Ha, I remember those statements, but I am not exactly honed in on what a "dungaree" is, except casual pants of some sort. That work is pretty archaic. Around children, it would make sense to dress for the day you might have! Sounds like a nice environment to dress for - flexible.

@jaysonsmom
Do it! :) on hidden camera though. I remember a few girls rocking this in highschool in the 80's. I was jealous :)

No rules on jewelry for civilians unless your in manufacturing type job, then nothing dangling. For military members ladies can only wear simple studs.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@moneymeister

Dungarees is a very old term for jeans. My grandmother used the term, when I was a kid in the 70s.

Trixi Beldon and her friend Honey Wheeler used to wear dungarees
If anyone remenbers reading her detective stories as a kid

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@moneymeister

Dungarees is a very old term for jeans. My grandmother used the term, when I was a kid in the 70s.

Haha I used the term back in the day. It was commonly used in NYC in the 70s IIRC.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair

"But one of my colleague did get a verbal reprimand from HR for wearing a tiara to work. Guess that was the line in the sand, lol."
Hahaha...they always say to be appropriately accessorized, take off the last thing you put on. BUT NOT MY TIARA ! Hahahaha.

@Volute
"This is most inappropriate, Your Grace!"
This produced at least five minutes of giggles. :) Can you imagine?

@Daisys and Diamonds
Wait, you mean you microwave an ear of corn in the husks for 3 minutes? How cool, I've never tried that before.
"this thread has given us a few laughs :appl:" oh me too, me too! wish I had a tiara for a day :)

@SandyinAnaheim
It makes sense that they would not want a lawyer showing up with less than professional attire. However, that would be a pretty funny premise for a hidden camera stunt. An attorney is about the last person you'd want with poor discernment skills. Hmm, along with surgeons and pilots.
"wearing pantyhose in Miami for so many years was sheer torture" That is straight up evil. Ugh, heat, humidity and panty hose.

@KaeKae
"Dungarees is a very old term for jeans. My grandmother used the term, when I was a kid in the 70s." Thanks for clearing that up!

@Daisys and Diamonds
"Trixi Beldon and her friend Honey Wheeler used to wear dungarees
If anyone remenbers reading her detective stories as a kid"

Well that's a blast from the past! I remember the names so I must have read them as a child.

@missy
"Haha I used the term back in the day. It was commonly used in NYC in the 70s IIRC."
I have not heard it since I was a kid, but that would have been in the 70's. How time flies.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I dear someone here to go to work tomorrow in a tiara :mrgreen2:

I actually have. It was a teeny thing worn askew as in the image below...except the child in the picture looks elegant and adorable whereas I looked slightly demented. It was a casual office and we had all worked together for years so it was ok to be silly sometimes.

PS--"askew" is one of those words that's fun to google

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 10.09.22 AM.png

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trixi Beldon and her friend Honey Wheeler used to wear dungarees
If anyone remenbers reading her detective stories as a kid

Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler! Oh, my, does that take me back! Thank you for that welcome little bit of nostalgia. I read and loved all the Trixie Beldens as well as the Nancy Drews as a girl, but I couldn't remember Trixie's name.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler! Oh, my, does that take me back! Thank you for that welcome little bit of nostalgia. I read and loved all the Trixie Beldens as well as the Nancy Drews as a girl, but I couldn't remember Trixie's name.

I had a book of paper dolls that were Trixie and Honey
I can't remember the horses names :mrgreen2: only Jupiter who was ridden by Jim

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This has turned into a rather fun thread
who cares what HR would think !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results