shape
carat
color
clarity

Have oval diamond, need a purty setting

Hello!

I have this very pretty 0.9ct oval diamond (GIA cert) hanging around here that needs a setting to match. I picked an oval because I love the soft curves of it and I'd like a setting to reflect that quality. Lines like in Mark Morrell's rings are beautiful. For budget reasons I'd like to stick with white gold, though. $2,000 is about the max I'd like to go on this. I like clean, classic, and feminine. A bit of an antique look would be fine, but only a touch. Halos are pretty but not mine or my girlfriend's taste.

I had my eye on a couple Harout R rings at Pearlman's but I haven't seen much on here about their quality. I also wish I could see them in person! I have a hard to picturing them from these high magnification photos.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/harout-r-jewelry/rings/122HR1/
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/harout-r-jewelry/rings/92HR1/

This one is out of my range but it's another good example of the flowy curves that I love:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/durnell-jewelry/rings/08AA1/

What do you think of Harout R in general? I liked it at Pearlman's but to be honest I saw that Helzberg carries them and that put me off a little, deservedly or not. Are there other designers in this style I should check out?

Thanks so much for your help!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you get the stone? It's easiest to get them both at the same place, not hard though if you don't want to.

Also are you near pearlmans you got to see them first hand? Or you were looking online ?

Lastly what's the size mm wise of your stone?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like Harout R! I was considering one of their settings and Julian at Pearlman's was able to send me out a sterling silver sample so I could try it on my finger - I ended up not getting the setting but only because I also returned the colored gemstone which was to be the center stone. I was impressed with the quality of the sample ring, the workmanship and finish was excellent, and the feel/wear of the ring was like satin on my finger. For sure a Harout R ring is in my future once I find the right stone. I encourage you to contact Pearlman's and see if they can ship out samples of the couple Harout R rings you're considering (it is a no-pressure scenario).

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harout R... the "R" is for Ritani, as I understand. Knowing the quality of Ritani's settings, especially when he was involved with the brand, I can't imagine he'd allow his name on anything of lesser quality. Also Pearlman's are very picky, and carry very high-end, high quality brands - they wouldn't have Harout R if the quality wasn't there. Pearlman's customer service is top-notch - I'd contact them!

Thanks for the responses! It's comforting that Harout R is a designer that probably knows quality. Unfortunately, I'm not near Pearlman's at all (I'm smack dab in the middle of the country). I've only seen this designer online.

Niel, I purchased the diamond from Whiteflash (very nice experience!) I'm totally open to working with them for the setting if I find something I like there, but am happy to go with any reputable dealer. I'm sorry I don't have the measurements with me. I have the diamond hidden away at my parents' house so the excitement isn't spoiled.

That's a beautiful one. I appreciate the suggestion! Some of their designs are so ornate, but there are some very nice and clean/simpler ones as well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a hard time nailing down exactly what style you want.

I know you want "curvy" but do you want pave? Soli?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results