shape
carat
color
clarity

Have I damaged my diamond?

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Hi
I have had my diamond since last august and I have recently noticed that when I look at it side on it looks kind of distorted - I am sure it wasn't always like this. I have photos but cannot work out how to upload from iPhone. The only inclusions are clouds and from the top it doesnt look any different. Anyone got any idea? If you can tell me how to post a photo this may help.
Many thanks!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a round brilliant? Is it a straight line cutting across the inside of the stone?

You'll have to upload a picture. I'm not sure how to do it from your phone, but there's an "upload attachment" tab below. You'll need to give a unique name so it doesn't clash with the pictures already uploaded onto PS.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the new PS format, I have posted pictures multiple times without changing the name. It was that way on the old forum, though.

Sounds like you are just noticing the girdle reflection.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Thank you, from reading other posts I think it may be the girdle reflection though I have no idea why I have never seen it before?! I thought I knew my diamond inside out! I am still trying to work out the photo upload as could do with that extra reassurance! It is a round brilliant and it is almost as though there is a smaller diamond inside and it can be seen from all sides.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
just managed to upload this photo from my computer, not great quality but it gives you an idea of what i am seeing.

girdle reflection 1.JPG

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
+1 girdle reflection

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I can see the same thing in my ring- it is a little strange but it comes with the territory I guess... Nice picture btw!

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I just really don't understand why I have never noticed it before - I am obsessed with my ring and am constantly looking at it and this is so obvious!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely girdle reflection. I think the more you look at the ring, the more nuances you notice. That is perfectly normal though so no problems there!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you may have banged it.
This causes the heavier carbon atoms to fall and collect in that region, which is where the dynamic static charge is offset by the atoms' magnetic valence potential.

Try holding it near your cellphone while receiving a call from very very far away, preferably France.
This can reconfigure any diamonds's flux capacitors.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1304113043|2908224 said:
I think you may have banged it.
This causes the heavier carbon atoms to fall and collect in that region, which is where the dynamic static charge is offset by the atoms' magnetic valence potential.

Try holding it near your cellphone while receiving a call from very very far away, preferably France.
This can reconfigure any diamonds's flux capacitors.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:bigsmile:

Yup - can't get away from that one in rounds, I'm afraid ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results