shape
carat
color
clarity

Have finally made my decision!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lugerxu

Rough_Rock
After much research on Pricescope, visiting B&M vendors, & online vendors, I have finally made my decision on my princess cut for my soon to be fiancee
1.gif

Please tell me what you think - honestly - I have not purchase it yet, but would like some feedback before I do.

Measurements: 5.23x5.18x3.46
Carat: 0.77
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 66.8%
Table: 59%
Girdle: MEDIUM - 2.3%
Culet: NONE
Flour: NONE
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pav. Angle: 38
Crown Height: 11%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG

I have also posted a picture of the setting I would like to mount it on - the only difference in the mounting I will get is that the engraved diamonds will only go down half way. If the center stone is 0.77, what do you recommend the side stones'' weight be?

2.jpg

Thanks everyone!
21.gif

lugerxu

Rough_Rock
Anyone?
twirl.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If you've recorded it correctly, I believe the depth is irregularly deep; relatedly, the HCA calculator on this website doesn't know how to manage it, or represents that the girdle must, by implication, be very thick, though that's not what you separately report.

Sorry, but doesn't look encouraging.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Regular guy- it's a princess stone!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
lugerxu...no can do
1.gif
There really is no way to tell. That table sure does look small...but superbcerts have small tables...so I would say that it's definitely a good choice...but you'd have to see it/get light analysis to know FOR SURE.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Running it through the AGA charts, everything gets a 1A grade except the table, which is a bit small, giving it a 2A. Therefore, your stone gets a 1B overall--which is great. I've read somewhere on here that you ideally want depth to be just slightly larger than table, so the difference between those two percentages looks like the only real drawback. (I'm no princess expert though...)

Have you seen it yourself or has your jeweler? That's the real test, to be honest....

lugerxu

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone! One more question - what weight stones would you use as sides for the center (0.77). Would 2 X .0.20 look good or would you go bigger?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks moremoremore, sorry lugerxu...and I have no malpractice insurance!

Best of luck with your search, and sorry to have butt in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results