shape
carat
color
clarity

Have diamond prices been falling in the past several months?

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
This is based on anecdotal evidence from my diamond search in the past 4 months, but diamond prices seem to have fallen since I first posted here on pricescope in August. I've looked at the PS diamond price chart and it shows no change for the past 3 months for 1.0-2.0 carat diamonds, but I'm wondering if it will take some time for new inventory to filter through.

Curiously, after I filter the PS search tool for ideal proportions and my carat range, most of the well priced diamonds seem to have a more recent GIA report date (Aug/Sept 2015). This will not change my decision to buy now as I'm sure there is no perfect time to buy a diamond, but I just wanted to see if those in the market for a new diamond have noticed any trends in diamond prices.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Re: Have diamond prices been falling in the past several mon

China had been buying a lot of diamonds up until their stock market crashed a while back. They aren't buying nearly as much now, so lack of demand is taking it's toll all through the supply chain. Do a search on the Debeers latest sights and it's apparent that lots of manufacturers are feeling some pressure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results