shape
carat
color
clarity

have a stone cut to order?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schmancy

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are in the market for a good quality +/- 1 carat emerald cut diamond. We are considering buying online or from a local jeweler. I called a jeweler we have begun to work with asking him to show me VS1, E, F or G stones within the table, depth and crown height ranges suggested in the AGA cut chart. He mentioned we could have a stone cut to our specifications. What are the pros and cons of doing this, and how does one assess the clarity and color before the stone is cut? Do people have other recommendations specific to emerald cut shoppers?
Thanks

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As much as it pains me, you will not find many stones that fit the AGA emerald cut parameters. By shopping you will find many that have aspects that are desirable, however. You will also see some that you will like more than others.

I'd suggest buying one you like, but do not spend the money to re-cut one. You and the dealer will have no idea if it will look better and I can't tell you for sure that it will, either. There are so many chances of differing outcomes. One thing for certain, the stone will weigh less and you will pay for all the weight that was cut away...

I suggest that you keep the depth, table size and crown height ranges in mind and find a good looking one that has some of the features, possibly even a 2B AGA. Some of them look excellent. Atl least you will know for sure you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results